Fill area land in bahria

Hi, i wanted to construct home in bahria phase 8 sector e. After completion of tests and map drawing i came to know the land is fill area. I am really really upset with the opinions i heard. Some says it’s fixable some says it’s not advised to go ahead with construction. Can anybody advise? I am particularly interested in listening from someone who had the same kind of issue and how he/she tackled.

I have constructed numerous houses in Bahria town ph 8. If your soil test is showing filling land than best and the only option is to have the concrete raft build before starting of brick laying.It will support your building and will bear all the load of your structure.

15 views and no answer. :confused:

I have replied if you need any further help do let me know

Oh thank you HT. Can you please arrange to show me some houses which you built few years ago on filled land. I wanted to built this home for my own self. I want to have some chit chat with residents of the same plot type.

Kind regards,

Secondly how much can be the construction cost including that concrete shaft. This will be 5 bed rooms house with one servant quarter on mummy. Would appreciate If you could provide cost till grey structure atleast.

Ok. I will be in Bahria ph8 tomorrow inbox me your contact details…

If filling is 6 to 8 feet deep than It’s no problem go for a nice basement…but if its 15 to 20 feet deep than its a big issue consider changing your plot. …

Bore hole was 15’ and the result shows its all filled land

15 feet is too deep change your plot. Such plots are kept by developer for trading not good for construction.

In bahria 15 feet is normal thats why i suggested raft structure which can sustain. In ph8 almost 99% houses are made on raft.

As suggested by millions if you want to change than its best to change the society because it will be very hard to find a plot with anything less than 10 or 15 feet filling. Unless every plot you see you get a soil test first than continue with the deal

The cost of grey structure will be around Rs1100 per sqft depending on your map. It includes the raft aswell. The rough estimate for raft is 7 ton steel and 285 to 300 bags of cement. Plus labor cost.

In other societies where there is no filling issue the grey structure costs around Rs800 to 900 per sqft.

With 15 feet deep plot you need to burry 20feet construction to reach normal road elevation for ground floor. It’s costly…

You dont have to go 20 feet deep that is why the Bahria requires a raft at 7 feet depth its double caged steel with 1.5 feet concrete filling. Even this is costly as i mentioned in my previous post

How it’s possible to start construction without touching hard soil. The whole structure will keep sinking…

Thank you Millions.i know you have given me the best possible advise.but on the other hand the market isn’t very good. I am not sure how much can I get from this plot and then what other options do I have if I get rid of bahria. And HT I am confused. If with raft it’s fixable then for how long the Base can sustain the structure? I have heard few homes got cracks in valley.its a big big decision I have spent so much of what I had in buying the plot and now this problem :confused:

The filled up land requires atleast 66 years of climate change to become soild but as you know bahria is just recent so instead of touching the solid ground which will take the construction cost X 200% so raft has been introduced it can bear the structure weight. Not a 100% solution but what other option is there apart from changing the society.

Raft is not a solution but this is the only way. There are not few homes, there are allot of houses that have been cracked or bend on one side. I am not in favour or against Bahria but i am just telling you the ground realities as it is.

It means on a 10marla only grey structure will cost me 50 lakh. And let’s suppose if finishing requires another 30 lakh. Just a rough estimate.my cost roughly would go to 1.3carors and still no surety of safety.

This home will cost me atleast 1.3caror including land’s cost. That’s too much for 10marla.