Is raising the roof of a house a good idea

I have purchased a 20 years old home. I want to relocate some of its walls. I am also thinking of raising the roof. House is almost 2 feet above the road and the roof is 10.5 feet high from the floor. Some friends suggested that its not a good idea to raise the roof. It weakens the structure. Is it true? Is there anything else i can do that my house remains above the road for the next 30, 40 years.

Planet Builders and interiors is well established company all work under the consultancy of BS.c Civil Engineer Registered with Pakistan Engineering Council.

And also providing the designing facilities.

For more details plz. Visit Our facebook page.

Www.facebook.com/planetbuilderss

Further information:

Planetbuilderss@gmail.com

Engineer Umer khan

(BSc Civil Engineer)

Dear Asif,

Raising the roof of a house is economical idea, now a days old house is renovated as it looks new.

But for that its advised to take services of Professional Engineers/Architects.

We are group of Engineers/Architects providing engineering services, you may reach us at engdevelopmenta@gmail.com.

Dear Asif Sarwar,

Raising of the roof is not a bad idea, it saves time and cost, but it is highly dependent on the location of building, if you blindly raise the height it may damage the roof itself and neighbors buildings also. So consult an experienced and qualified person to take care the whole process. We are builders also, if you need any kind of help. Please contact us. Thanks.

Asif Malik

royalstone1992@gmail.com