Marble

I am happy to see good quality responses and hoping the same for my attempt.

I am constructing a house and selecting marble now. Facing difficulties to find white color marble. Ziarat supreme is very expensive. Others like ziarat grey white and white grey not with good white color. I have found 'chemure'white...With a rate 140/sq ft. Some people say it will attract stains..Particularly yellow color after sometime. This is making me hesitant. I would appreciate expert advice on this issue. Thanks

That's right, marble gets yellow with time and you need detailed cleaning to keep it white and shiny. As compare to marble, granite tiles have worked better for me, even after 5 years, these tiles shine like brand new. I wont recommend you to pick granite tiles instead of marble but i will definitely tell you to go for white and the same in all rooms and floors.

Congrats on the new house, may you have great time living there.

Regards Samra Zulfiqar

AOA,marble will always loose its shine after some time.it needs to be polished after certain period of time.but dont get dishearted by that marble is a very good option if not the best.

And what is the best option @H–T?

Marble is the best option for me.

@H--T, I actually asked my question after your this comment:

"AOA,marble will always loose its shine after some time.it needs to be polished after certain period of time.but dont get dishearted by that marble is a very good option if not the best."

Thats why I asked whats the best option and your reply is again marble... Am I missing somthing?

What i meant was that after comparing all the pros and cons of tiles, granite,wooden flooring, marble is the best option in my opinion. Now if your asking what kind of marble than it depends on every ones choice.i would prefer verona beige but very very clear with no spots which costs a little bit more but look classy.

Dear all, thanks so much I am delighted to see so many good responses. H-T...what is verona beige....never heard of this name ...do you mean parleno??

Thanks Samra for reconfirming some of the doubts on cleaning..and yes special thanks for best wishes..indeed the most important part which we often forget...Now on granite....does it also come with different qualities? or any granite is good.

Dear all, any comments on tiles...some say that if one picks good quality tile the shine stays long....and you get color of your choice....

You can see I am roaming all around....but your comments are helping a lot.