Paint Trouble!

My old paint is a cheap distemper and I want to get plastic emulsion but my painter is saying that because the old paint is cheap distemper I should get ICI paintex distemper instead of emulsion. Is this true?

Salam dear… We r manufacture of paint distemper, plastic emulsion and weather shield … Our company is registered company In lhr… U should try plastic emulsion… Don’t get ICI or burger, Master etc distemper or emulsion… Its too expensive… Plastic emulsion has 5 years guarantee and its water proof agar nami na ho to 5 saal ki guaranty he… Agr 4000 me 5 saal nikal jaty hain to kia zarorat he expensive paint ki… Inki b guranti itni e he… There is commission of painter beaware… Maximum cost of durable and high quality plastic emulsion is 4000 only… Don’t pay more money… If need more info my num 03216880482…

It dont make much difference. Your painter is bluffing only to save him self from chipping off the old paint which is very hard and time consuming, so costing much more to your painter.... I agree with the above post.

Just make sure they use raig maal properly.....

And if your still not satisfied with your painter than do let me know....

@ H-t I always value your input as you are one of those few people on this fourm who actually give good advice. Does Ici paintex distemper require lesser surface preparation than plastic emulsion? My painter says that I can go and buy paint how will he get commission?

If you read http://www.icidulux.com.pk/products.jsf?id=69 in its description it says " Assists in up gradation from low tier distempers ". So isn't this better for old distemper?

@ syed haider Thanks for telling but I always buy Ici.

Thanks for your kind words...

With average paint just a slight scruffing would get the job done but for the plastic emulsion you need a very smmoth surface for it to give perfect results....

If there are bumps or even minor hikups it will not be good to look after one rainy season....

Btw what rate did you get for painting...

He will get commission dear after he will free from paint distempering ur house… He will go to that shop and tell them these item has been purchased from u… And he will get commission each Drumy… In plastic emulsion drumy there is 1000 to 1500 commission… We r munafacture dear so we know this decive bluff… I have no benefit or greed from u but as a muslim as a human m advising u… ICI Have not came from Jannat only he has name in market so he gain the money only of name… U should try local plastic emulsion contact direct wid shop keeper and tell him no commission of painter meet him alone and tell I come direct here so no commission so he will give u in 3000 rupees with 5 years garanti… Get garranti card voucher… Don’t tell to painter where from u buy that and dnt show him drumy sticker label…

Syed Haider…impressive brother… Keep the good job of awakening

People have a tendency to get you double minded and mooch money off you. Anyway with a little research I have found that only distemper has been done on walls a useful quick test which I recently learned was for that is pour some water on paint and with little scraping it should come off easily if its distemper. Mine came right down to the plaster easily.

Ht is right for plastic emulsion I need to scrap down to plaster than get wall fillings then prime than paint because its an old portion and base is not good. Which for 5000 sq foot will cost me 1 lac 10 .

60000 labour , 30000 paint , 20000 putty,

=1 lac 10- 1 lac 15 ( 23 rs per sq ft)

For distemper

30000 labour , 15000 paint approx.( 10 per sq ft)

=450000-50000

I am in Lahore.

I have decided to get distemper and false ceiling instead of expensive paint job. As I will be giving it on rent my only concern with a good paint job was to get a proper base but false ceiling looks more prudent at this time.

Getting rs 70 for chaulk and 100 rs onwards for PoP cieling.

@ Syed Haider Great advise but I will get distemper for the time being. I also did business and I know in every field instead of improving our process of manufacturing we look at ways to cut the cost this is the biggest reason of failure of industry in pakistan when big players employ such cheap tactics small players have no choice but follow suite. Please tell me your brand name and I will also consider your paint.

Respective Aiton yes 1st wall filling then do the distemper… Make the base proper with double hand filling not single try to made this by professional painter… Our Brand Name Is Dollar Paint our Factory and office IS near LAL POOL … We supply it in out of cities and in commercial areas building plaza and in government works… Recently it is done in Assembly Hall. Our Dollar distemper is like Quality ICI Paint Base in rupees 2200 with 24 kg Guaranteed… We are here to help each and other and for Good Advice Suggestion… One thing which is like quality base ICI and Available in low price then why we r becoming fool to Deal in Expensive thing only for his market name… M not offering my paint others paint companies also who have good quality but no name in market or cant investment but high quality paint…Don’t listen to painter do that thing which one u like In All Pakistan there is compulsory Commission of painter from shop keepers… They can not stand by painters… Painter insists owner to buy that paint in which he can save much commission which results shows in 3 months… We can provide u best of best painter designer which can deal with cheapest rate behalf of us and do the job complete when u say ok now its done then he is able to came out from ur house… U should do that which gives u benefit and whole work would done in ur range, best of luck bro…

It's wrong that painters get 1000-1500 commission in Plastic Emulsion drummy from ICI or Berger.

Though there is Rs 100 token in Berger. 1000-1500 is a lot of amount.

Brother Syed Haider, Asalam-a-Likum,,,

Kindly give the estimates of below 3 queries;

1)- Total kg (Distemper) + other material required for 10 Marlas House (3000 sq. Ft covered area), newly build.

2) Labour cost / Sq. Ft.

3) Guarantee period

My best wishes,

Farooq KSA

Why would a multi-national known brand would give heavy commission to painter for sales and an unknown brand would not give any commission? Not a good strategy.

Local factories use lead in paint which is injurious to health while ICI and Berger are acrylic based paint. Do some research on internet.

Copy of original ,seller can offer 50 %commission Malik sb..how many of us recognize the original?

yes lead is toxic metal...and your this point is very valid.

If I am in ICI or Berger, I would reduce its price by Rs 1000-1500 and be market leader.

On the other hand I have observed that almost 100% builders use local paints of Hattar factories etc.

How a local paint would compete with Multi-National's large scale of production benefits?

Really couldn't get it. I think its the other way round. Local factories give a lot of commission and Muktit-National give around Rs 100 per packing.

Just a bit curiosity, why people dont use wall papers instead of paint. They look more beautiful and attractive. Are they expensive and not durable?

Farooq Walikum Salam… 1st its depend on home work which one u like… If u want to deal on simple work distemper then 1st my suggestion to do wall fillings on it if base is good and perfect then in future it will not damage ur walls must be care full that no sam there then 2 coats of distemper will apply on filing… And distemper drumies will require there about 45 above include filling it will not be decrease if u tell me the rooms baths and kitchens I can estimate that proper … If any one suggest u that do direct distemper don’t do that… Each drumy is about 24 kg and 8 rupees per sq.ft distemper our labour rate professional … And on newly plaster there is guarantee of 5 to 7 years of our distemper if there is no saim becoz new plaster have fresh and good material mixed so good quality distemper have a long time period to stay. Newly build always shows good result with wall filling… Our distemper is Mash Allah on 100% acrylic based quality can compare with ICI just try a sample once one drmuy do one room with attractive covering try our sample in ur one room with free of cost see our works and sites… And there is other expense on oil paint to do doors windows and its labour rate. And its depends on u that on exterior side u need weather shield or tiles or graphy and if u have sealing roof u want to design it or simple… I think every thing is clear by dealing or contact… U should also go to market and know there rate do that thing in which u feel relax which is in ur range save ur budget also keep suggest from family… Stay blessed…

Respective sweet Malik bro tomorrow u should try to go in painter dress and deal as painter with shop keeper which have much commission to sale ICI Or Berger they have a Agreement with shop keepers to sale our brand in this figure in this month then u will get a bike or car furniture or much thing like this from company or visit abroad so shop keeper give much commission to painter to sale that out… Some local companies give token some not… Our company is registered and pay GST we don’t give token to painter becoz we have direct contact with owner and tell him all truth and we never deal with painter to d grade our quality our name. We r from syed Family and belive on Rizq e Halal… Ok if we realize that local companies give much of token then a ICI Burger but if both of quality have same desire reliable finishing covering long time period then there is difference in both of rates IF ICI distemper is in 3200 with 200 rupees token and local same quality is giving 2400 wid 500 token is this stage already local will be refer and in range of customer wid same quality it is not loss for him coz he is saving 800 rupees which in he can fill out his bike with patrol or take car CNG or take home meal for family if there r 5 drumies of 2400 then he is saving 800x5=4000… … We r not fool dear we know all things material we r manufacturer of paint ICI paint is out class not doubt but its too expensive becoz we r making same this quality paint in cheapest rate… Ab 1 bandy ki shop he fruit chaat ki aur wo full decorate he and wo sony(gold) ki plate spoon me dal k deta he and 2nd bahir sath reri(stal) wala banda b fruit chat sale karta he simple plate spoon me. Gold wala 100 rupees ki deta jo apni show name k pesy leta he to simple wala 50 kideta he dono me ek jesy fruits masala ek e hain by taste b same to hum bewakoof hain jb dono same quality same taste hain to hum sasty waly k pas jaye ge ya sirf zahiri show ya gold ko dekh kr ap sochy uski gold ki he sapoon plate yar us se khaty hain… Stay blessed bro…

Wish you best of luck in your hard work.

@ syed haider I asked paints shops about dollar paints and none of them have heard about it , I wont take a chance.

I am going with IcI and I recommend it too. Paint is matter of health so its better not to take risk just to save few rupees.

Multi Nationals are blood sucking leeches in pakistan but its not their fault but our own. I hope one day people will buy dollar paint instead of IcI but today is not that day.

Best of luck in your business.