Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Electrical Supplies questions and answers. All your Electrical Supplies questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional Electrical Supplies answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new Electrical Supplies question now.
Sufyan
( 9 posts )

[20 Answers]
I am constructing home in DHA -2 Islamabad and hoping to shift in new home by October 2014.

My question is regarding split ACs, please help in getting through below questions:

Which split ac brand is good in terms of performance and electricity conservation, I am interested in Acson International or Orient Pakistan.

As I mentioned earlier, I can shift in new home not before October 2014 (winter season). Should it be better to install the units next years in summers and do necessary holes and piping only. If so, what should be minimum things I should install in walls before final coat of paint is applied on walls.

Secondly suggest good vendors close to DHA Islamabad or Saddar Pindi who are dealing with genuine ac units.

Regards,
Sufyan

1833 days ago In Electrical Supplies
    Million$$$
    (439 posts)
    Go for inverter ACs for better energy efficiency....

in case you have sufficient funds of around 1 million than install heat and cool inverter AC units and solar panel system w/o battery backup for power supply for avoiding gas and electricity load shedding...the system can run care free and no fuel cost in both summer and winter....
      1833 days ago 

DSA
      (1426 posts)
      All copper piping and wiring should be done and only units you can install in next summer.

Acson or Mitsubishi with imported copper piping only.

Regards
        1833 days ago 

Sufyan
        (9 posts)
        Thanks for comments.
          1833 days ago 

Anu
          (131 posts)
          Million$$$ AND DSA plz provide websites address so we can see how it looks and check the models online..
            1832 days ago 

Sufyan
            (9 posts)
            I checked, Cost of Acson 1.5 tone with complete copper installation and stand is 65000 RS and 45000 RS for 1 tone.

No idea about Mitsubishi prices and dealers.
              1832 days ago 

Sheikh_007
              (719 posts)
              I bought GREE ACs for my house and their performance is very good. Do not install AC this year, do it only before summer next year.
                1832 days ago 

Dk
                (814 posts)
                Per month electric consumption of ACs for 4 rooms can exceed 40000 rs,

the only option can be solar battery system, bill free ,

but can some one clarify how many solar plates[ watts]will it need to run 4- 5 ACs in a home , and its initial cost, and working life duration
                  1832 days ago 

Million$$$
                  (439 posts)
                  You can avoid batteries to reduce cost and use electricity directly without backup....The life of solar panels is more than 10 years. The life of batteries and electronics is lower...
                    1832 days ago 

Baber Rabban..
                    (1628 posts)
                    Do not install ACs in new home at this stage. Dust will still go inside it even if you pack it. Only do piping for standard 18000 BTU AC (1.5 Ton) . When you shift, you can better manage AC choice according to the need.

There is an important factor in support of delaying the AC installation I.e every year new ACs come in the market with better technology and efficiency. One should always buy most efficient ACs having less power consumption. Technology improves every year.

This year Gree ACs were best probably. Imported General ACs are also very good if you do not have budget problem.
                      1831 days ago 

Sufyan
                      (9 posts)
                      B. R Malik good concrete reply.

Can you tell in details of piping, i mean you r suggesting to do required holes in walls where AC units will come.

Can i conceal copper wire portion thats runs outside, i mean conceal inside wall with cement may be?

Also what diameter of hole should we drill for installing 1.5 tone AC.
                        1831 days ago 

Post Answer (20 Answers)
                        1 2 >
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL