Wood work

Any one who is really expert can suggest me about wood work.
Diyar door or sheesham door ? Which one is best ? I seen sheesham door look is much better than normal door. But diyar is also good. Let me know which diyar is good? Local from pakistan or aghanistan? Which call anda clean diyar.Any one can suggest me price thanks

The don't think sheesham door is appropriate. All depends upon polish. You can give look of sheesham too with diyar. I don't think people use sheesham nowadays. Diyar has the benefit of being soft wood and carpenters know everything about diyar. Polish is also relatively easy.

Another option is Ash Wood. It is also nowadays popular. But carpenter should have worked with that wood. It's imported wood and planks are very clear quality. Another inexpensive option is Imported Kail wood. It's also soft wood and some properties are similar to diyar. You can save a lot of money in it and invest good in polish.

Ash wood and Beach woods are very hard. Polish is very difficult. But ash is quite popular. Godowns in Pindora Pindi are full of imported woods.

Afghanistan diyar is not feasible now. Chitral and Kashmir diyar are good. I bought from I-11 road in front of Metro cash n carry. But diyar measurements are tricky and timber people do a lot of fraud in diyar.

I bought Kail imported for my basement. Had I knew about Kail imported before, I would never had wasted money on diyar. Diyar name is just attractive and people love it. Only difference in that no termite can attack it.

Answered the question but is pending by editorial team. It will appear in some time.

I feel enlightened after reading your comment B.R Malik sahb, thank you for such a detailed reply.

Malik sahab. U r a great great help on this forum. Thanks for such sincere advices.

Hi B.R Malik can you help me with the rates of Kail imported as well ?

Thanks Khan sb and Samra.

I bought Kail wood for Rs 1300/- per cubic Ft. Average diyar is Rs 2400/sq ft but Diyar is mostly available in round trunk which has a lot of room fraud measurement by Timber people.

One thing shouldn't be forgotten that all imported wood should be cut according to one's door measurements and kept in airy place for few days. Imported woods has usually a lot of moisture in it. No matter whichever wood you use, it should be absolutely dry ( Seasoned). I cut my Kail wood into measurements of doors and kitchen and kept it in airy place.

Diyar is altimate choice as it is also termite proof for life....

Our local seasoned diyar is GOLD use it by choosing carefully.

Regards

dSA

But DSA, termite always attach the door frame ( chokhaat). So isn't it feasible to use diyar in frame only and save some money by using Kail?

Also, diyar is too expensive plus it's round measurement make it even more expensive. Timber people have a lot of room for fraud. Square pieces in diyar are much more expensive. There was a time when diyar used to come from Afghanistan and Indian Kashmir. It's price was justified.

Thank B.R Malik that was real help.

The finished look of both kali wood and diyar are almost same or this is the polish which make both look alike?

Some times back, the trend was to have wood polish in its original Color. Diyar used to have pale yellow or somewhat like that polish. But nowadays this golden or yellow Color is not on trend. Nowadays it's dark brown or dark chocolate Color which is in fashion. So I don't think there will be any difference in finishing except grain.

Diyar grain is thin and Kail grain is fatter. Kail's grain is somewhat similar to sheesham or imported ash wood.

At the end all difference is name. Somehow we all want to impress people with diyar's name. There are so many things in house to spend that wherever one can save money he/she should save.

Dear Malik Sb,

It depends who is constructing his home what he actually want?

Regards

Diyar door look is better than sheesham, since its a soft wood carving is easy and better on diyar than sheesham. Afghanistan diyar is better.