Fraud in DHA?

I was under the impression that it was impossible to be defrauded when buying property in dha. However, i have been the victim of fraud when i paid a byana of 20% (amount 1 crore rupees) for plot # 80g phase 5, dha. On the day of signing and transfer it emerged that the plot was blocked from sale by nab. I have only been able to recover rs 80 lacs. Do i have any legal recourse in order to recover the rest? This experience puts me off any further property dealing in punjab, which incidentally is famous for property fraud.

Before going under any deal in any society anywhere in the country one must check the authenticity of documents directly from society office. If the officials ate confirming the legal status of documents then go ahead with the token money which is some few thousand rupees. Well it depends on the volume of deal.

After the token money bayana should be 10% of the total deal and the rest on transfer day that is ideally 3 weeks after bayana.

Anyhow its really sad to hear about your turn off experience.

Madam its not the fraud on dha part.Its fraud on the part of your dealer.Be vigilant as lahore real estate market is very ruthless.

Madam its not the fraud on part of dha but its the fraud on the part of your dealer.Lahore real estate market is very ruthless.1 crore bayaana is the biggest mistake you ever committed.