How Epidemic Is Bribery In Pakistan?

Morning peeps,

From day 1 when I purchased plot in a KPK township, I've been playing within legal boundaries. Still I have to pay under-the-table money to the township personnel to do their job; transfer, get possession of my plot, and have drawing approved. Is this the case in DHA and Bahria as well or is it a tradition in government agencies only?

Regards,

Asad

P.S. This money is in addition to the legal fees deposited in bank.

Hi Asad,

I don't think you have to do so in case of DHA or Bahria. Its usually swift transactions in the case of those developers. As for the Government procedures, your views are totally right.

Hello,

Not really; in DHA and Bahria such issues are unlikely to arise. but in case of government based societies such issues are common.

My personal experience with LDA (Lahore Development Authority)has remained pretty bad. They tend to make you mad and you end up giving bribe to them.

Even in LDA things are not too bad. I know people who did transactions in LDA Avenue 1 - there was neither any issue of scam nor any demand for bribery. All the plot files are computerized and the process is transparent.

Pakistan is not as bad as the image people portray. Otherwise, why are so many people investing in real estate of Pakistan???

If you read this forum, there are also queries from non Pakistani nationals about whether they can buy property here.

Only yesterday a US citizen has asked about investment in Pakistan.

So Mr Asad, one bad experience doesnt mean there is a corruption epidemic.

Dear Asad,

You hold your ear one side or the other....

In govt societies you give bribes and in DHA and BT they get as their charges legally....

God bless you and just bear the way we are living in Pakistan...

One taking under the table while the other on the table...

Regards

In the words of a great property tycoon. Filo kay paeyay laganay chaheye. But in my words I’d say… Put wings on files. You have to spend some small amount to get your work done faster and efficiently in almost every office in Pakistan.

My message blocked by admin…See what linked they have with DHA and BT??