Lost Property Papers

Dear forum members,

I have lost the original inteqal papers for the property inherited from my father. I do have a photocopy, but how can I get the official papers again? Will I be able to use the photocopy or do I need the original inteqal?

Thanks

Not a big issue. You have to get an attested photocopy of the inteqal papers from the relevant patwari (It will be in a register or a computer if digitised). You should also ask him to give you the fard numbers on their special paper which shows that it belongs to you and the area, rough map etc. This paper will be signed by the patwari also. If your patwari is not cooperative then you can approach the Tehsildaar or Assistant Commissioner of the area.

Important Point: This should cost you around Rs 5000-10000 but the more you pay the quicker it will be done for you.

Moreover, if you are in KPK, then recently they passed the right to information act which obliges a patwari to give you your fards within 7 days (Free of cost I guess but it's Pakistan so I don't think so!). If he fails to do so then you can contact the AC.

Many thanks for the prompt reply brother Junaid. Really helpful and reassuring. As for the price you advised, I guess it will be at least twice that in Mirpur, AK, but I don’t mind that.

Hello,

Visit registrar office or a patwari concerned and share your concern with them. In my view, its better to approach registrar because patwaris are well-known for exploiting the situation.

You can take original papers from office after submitting the required documents including photocopies and NIC.

Thanks guys. On the same topic, is it still possible to retrieve the attested inteqal if you don't have a photocopy? Can I use my passport/ NIC. Just a question out of curiosity?

And how long should the process take (assuming I pay the all fees and extras)?