Tenant Occupation

I have a house in Gulraiz 5 Housing Scheme. The tenant is not vacating the house. Can you tell me what procedure should I follow to get rid of tenant.

Hello,

What are the terms of your tenancy agreement? If the agreement allows tenants to live in the house, then you have no right to get the houses evacuated.

On the other hand, if tenancy agreement does not allow tenants to live in your home anymore, then before taking a harsh step, try to settle the matter with humbleness and try to convince them. Give them a reasonable time to find another home.

If still they digress, you can call the police. But its better to solve the matter with humbleness, because it really works. Best of Luck! regards, zain Nadeem

I agree with Mr.Zain. Try to work things out with discussions but i would imagine for you to come here that means discussions is not working. If the agreement has expired than the only 2 options you have is by force or go to court.Police in this case wont be of much help because this is a civil matter not criminal.you can try to pressurise them by police.keep in mind courts can take a very long time as you know our legal system... Sorry to dissapoint you.

Why this always happens in Gulraiz ? My cousin’s house also got occupied and it took him almost 2 months to get rid of that stress, you need to go to the police, they are also specially in that area/jurisdiction, illeterate and will ask for bribe, hire them and enter the house, throw away their belongings and get rid of them in a single day.

Hi Rashid,

Unfortunately the system here works in Nasir's style. But I think Zain has put you in the right direction - try to settle the things in cool n calm way first and then involve the police if needed. I'm not suborning you at all so I would also suggest you to contact the court for legal help.

Regards,

Tanveer Yousaf

I would prefer nasir 's approach…

No no to police station but hire lawyer and peruse properly to avoid black mailing of police too....

Good Luck...

Yes, this is a valid and persistent clue. I was also trying to keep you on the safer side so asked you to reach the court. However, the courtroom is not always a Hobson's choice in such conditions; the police can play their role as well if the circumstances are not worse.

Regards,

Tanveer Yousaf

Thank You Mr. H–T for seconding my opinion.

I have heard that if you have the agreement registered and have paid the fees, then it is fairly straight forward to evict tenant however it does take a little time like with anything else in life. However you can only evict the tenant after the tenancy period has expired and not while they contract is still running. However it is better if you can persuade them to leave.

If you had the tenancy agreement registered then I understand it is easy to evict tenants.

Sometime you could also take the help of elders of your locality ( Could be Local Counselor, Neighbors, Political parties agents for your locality or influencing citizens) to settle down the issue with respectful dialogue. I think it also works.