Receive Electricity Bill Online, Abroad?

Hello,

I am from Gujrat city, and I have a house there, but I live abroad with my family. We have relatives in Pakistan, but I do not trust them, and I do not want to send them money.

So my question is; is there any way in which one can receive electricity bill online, and pay it online? No one lives in my house in Pakistan, and no one takes care of it. Waters are not running, no phone line etc. But someone told me there is a "meter" thing running, so that one still has to pay a small amount of electricity bill.

Today that bill is received by my "relatives" in Pakistan, and I send them money so they pay for it. But they have all engaged in a scam against me and my family, so I do not want to have anything to do with them anymore.

So is there any way of receiving this bill online? Or can the company send it to my family's address abroad?

And what happens if we don't pay this bill? I mean, I don't know how these things are done in Pakistan, but is there any way in which one can postpone paying the bill, and just pay everything upon arrival in Pakistan?

I only visit Pakistan once a year, or every other year.

Thank you in advance.

Please do help! All advice will be received with huge thanks, as this has troubled me for so long now.

After reading your post, i feel sad that you have to pay the bill when you aren’t using any electricity and also that the “relatives” have also turned out to be parasites for you. I will personally call the concerned WAPDA office to find out the answers for your question.

Back, just talked to the customer service rep of WAPDA and they told me that i can see the bills online and get a print of it to make online payments. To get online copy of electricity bills, click here.

You can also make online payments of your bills by drafting a check on the given account number. In case you wish to make full year's payments, you have to do that in advance since the Gapco will to cut the meter if you wouldn't pay the bill for 3 consecutive months. For more inoformation, you can contact Mr. Javaid on 092 055 9200507.

I just hope and pray that during your stay in abroad, you don't have to worry about your bills and mean relatives. Best of Luck Waseem Sahb.

Regards Samra Zulfiqar

Great Work Samra…Zulfiqar…Appreciated…

Samra sister, Thank you so very much for your help. Personally calling the WAPDA for me is beyond what i expected. Thank you very much, may God bless you.

This is awesome, now I do not have to worry about this anymore, and I do not have to depend on my relatives to pay the bill. You're right, they turned out to be parasites; unfortunately that happens to too many Pakistanis living abroad; their families turn out to be awful!

Since it is possible to pay a year in advance; do you know if the amount stays the same? I mean, if I am not in Pakistan, but the meter is running, will I have to pay the same monthly amount, or does it vary?

Thank you so much again for your help! It's very kind of you!

They charge only Meter rent which will be constant if some one not using your electricity…