Posts Under Admin Review

Question to admin:

What's happen to the posts which are kept on hold by admin to review. Three of my posts were held during last one week or so and those never appeared again. If those were rejected by admin, may I know the rejection criteria.

A post gets reserved for moderation/rejection if following stuff is found in it:

• Abusive words or behavior
  • Spam content
  • Repetition
  • Political discussion which may lead to any legal accusation
  • Non serious answers based on personal grounds
  • Aggressive expressions

We are in the process of designing new parameters to give your posts a straight passage to the live pages and, on the other hand, ensure a sophisticated friendly room.

Regards

Administrator Zameen.com http://www.zameen.com

Theoretically all you mentioned is excellent. But practically it doesn't seem working. I wouls quote one example. We saw Several posts from one person during last 2 weeks or so with abusing words and phrases against another forum member (the word Choora was used many times). It is hard to believe that Admn could not notice that. Three of my posts are under Admn review since several days. I am sure none of three carry any foul words. If you release thesecafter so many days, it loses what it's worth.

I second malik majeed sb…Admin i can show you the post in which all it happened…He used much more abusive language than he mentioned…

I think having admin review is a good idea, however, I agree with Malik Majeed sb that the process needs to work faster as the posts sometimes appear after several days and lose their value in the context of the discussion. Otherwise, personally, I favor editorial review of posts for any objectionable content.

I've reviewed all comments here and respect your point of views and suggestions.

@Malik Majeed, currently our system can only check abusive words written in English. We are also working on applying our check on some Roman Urdu words but as one word (written in Roman Urdu) has many meaning or one word can be written in many ways, this task is still in process. However, we also check the comments manually and it's our utmost goal to keep the forum a decent and friendly platform.

As all of you are the regular contributors, it's your duty to avoid such activities and also inform us if you find anything like stated above.

Thank you all.

Thanks Farhan. We appreciate your efforts and we the regular forum members, stand with you. By the way, what happened to 3 of my posts you put on hold. Those were written on differents topics in different days, first one almost 2 weeks ago. I believe holding more than a few (working) hours makes the post useless so either you reject the post or release quickly. I trust you have some agreed time limits for such activity.

I have got the updates from our moderator; the rejected posts are not being stored for last 30 days since some of the major parts of the website are under revamping process. Your posts might have been rejected due to having same answer or other disallowed stuff.