D-18 , AWT Future Residence

What about D-18, AWT, 1 Kanal plot for investment or residence after 3 years?

AWT prices doubled last year so you missed the high tide. However, prices moved somewhat lower last month due to some temporary issues related to the interchange construction, so you can still find a good deal, which may just be the last chance now. Kanal plots are still cheap in AWT, and if you can hold for 3 years, it will surely give you a good return InshAllah.

For residence, all utilities (Water, gas, electricity)are Available, but you will have to see the progress for a few months after the interchange opens. A number of genuine buyers have purchased plots there, the question is when will construction start. If it starts immediately after interchange opens, it could become suitable for living in 3 years, otherwise, you might require upto 5 years.

Respected Dear Amjad bhai,

Really thank you so very much for your details advise, guideline & proper analysis of my query. I am Dermatologist Doctor in Saudi Arabia & want to build my house in Islamabad after 2-3 years time, when come back to Pakistan.

Sir, can you advise me some other option for my residential plot in Islamabad up to 4 -5 million in good location & in good size ?

Regards'

Dr Rasheed Aghai.

Dear Dr. Sb,

I think 8 marla plot in Bahria Enclave could be a good option for you. Possession is expected in 6 to 12 months, so, in 3 years time, it will be a nice place to live.

D-17, B-17 could be good options.

Thanks

Dr Sb…Sir syed sb can give you good options in zone 2 as they are the gurus of that area where as i can give you options in dha islamabad…Dha islamabad is also a good option…Do consider it…

Dr sb it depends on a number of other factors regarding your preference i.e. Location, plot size etc. In zone 2, you can also get a kanal plot in that budget in CDECHS, in addition to AWT (where you can even get 2 kanal in that amount). You might not get a kanal in B-17 in 5 million.

In DHA, you might go for a near possession kanal plot (N or P blocks) as Mr Saadi has suggested because possession plots there may be beyond your budget. You might also be able to get a kanal plot in Naval Anchorage extension, which is not a hot favorite for investment, but is quite decent for living.

@ Amjab Sahab! What is the price of one kanal plot in AWT (good location and average plot). And what sector is better. Please reply keeping in mind that I need information purely from investment point of view. Thanks

Thank You Sir Amjad ,

Kindly tell me which block is better as i have seen on map.....G Block looks like good for making house while B Block is also good.

Which you would like to prefer G or B ?

Regards,

B-17 is a better option E block.

Dear Dr sb, For AWT I would favor blocks B, D and H for house construction on 1 kanal plots because they have good leveled area largely. B and D are closer to the interchange so likely to get populated first but H block is not too far off either. If you would prefer to build on a height location with a scenic view of the valley, you can consider F block. It has some nice leveled kanal plots just opposite the society office at a good height near the main boulevard.

G block is not recommended for kanal plots. Its terrain is uneven and kanal plots are located in a distant corner of the society near its boundary wall, which is why they are also the cheapest of all. However, G block can be considered for 2 kanal plots if you can get one on or near the main boulevard. You might get one around your budget.

For other blocks, you have to decide on a plot to plot basis. Do talk to at least a couple of dealers before finalizing any deal. I hope this helps.

@Arshad Khan. Well you didnt mention your budget or time horizon for investment so I can give some general idea. For 1 kanal, as I have already stated above, go for B, D or H blocks. B and D will give faster returns but cost more as well. H will be a good deal if you intend to hold for about 2-3 years. C block is also not bad for investment if you buy on main boulevard. Avoid G block for 1 kanal plots. For other blocks, it is difficult to generalize, you have to check the individual plot.

The prices for 1 kanal plots range from Rs 28-45 lakhs depending on block and location. B and D block prices are around 40 while H is around 28-33 lakhs.

If you intend to buy for investment, you need to move fast. Prices are temporarily down but dealers are busy doing some heavy buying (Just check out todays Jang and compare number of "For sale" ads with "To buy" ads for AWT). It may be the last chance to get an investment grade plot on a reasonable price. Once the interchange opens and the dealers start their game, it might get out of hand.

Dear Nasir sahab,

Thanks for advise...... E Block in AWT or in B-17 ?

Respected Sir Amjad,

May Almighty Allah bless you & your family always. Really no words for your kindness..........

Regards,

Dear All,

What about D-18, AWT, 1 Kanal plot price in AB block.

Dear Sir Amjad,

I need your expert advise as you told me in AWT future discussion that F block is good for living as it has some good view & it,s on height.

I have been offered a 1 kanal plot No:369 , in F Block.

Kindly check it & tell me it,s positive & Negative factors.

Sir, i want to live after 2-3 years & will construct my house, so keep this factor in mind as i am not investor.

Waiting for your kind reply Sir,

Regards,

Dr Rasheed Aghai

K.Saudi Arabia

Dr sb, the plot has an excellent location on the map (main boulevard, corner and close to society office), though its on the opposite side of the road from the location I was referring to, but this is also a nice height location. If you have a few days to decide, I can check out the plot for you as I intend to visit the society in the next few days, and update you, possibly with photographs if you like. The ground in that particular area is nice and firm and good for construction. I think after 3 years, this place will become suitable for constructing a house.

@AK. Price of 1 kanal in A block ranges from 29-37 lakhs, in B block it is 33-45 lakhs.

Thank you very much Amjad sahab .....

Regards,

Dr. Rasheed Aghai Sb: You may also want to consider E-17/3 Cabinet Division which might suit you more as you want to build a house for your own living. Good luck!

Dear Khan sahab,

Can you give me some details about this project ? Size of plots & prices of 1 kanal ? How much time it will take to develop ?

Regards,

Dr. Aghai Sb: Cabinet Division Employees Coop Housing Society (CDECHS) is one of the first few societies, if not the first one, which got approved by CDA. It is located in E-16/E-17 sectors, on main GT road. After JK Society (G-15), its location is closest to Islamabad. Momentum of construction of houses is gaining momentum (I personally plan to start construction at my 35x70 plot in Sep 2014 and hope that I will be able to move there by mide-2015). While some real estate expert can guide you about investment prospects in this society, I personally feel that this society is undervalued. Roughly prices in E-16 are: 30x60 2-2.5 million; 35x70 2.7-3.2 million. For 1 kanal plots, E-17/3 is a better place to live. The prices there will be 3.5-4.0 million, I guess. However, I suggest that some expert should correct my prices if I am mistaken. If you want to build a house for your own living then you cannot find a better place anywhere in Islamabad Zone 2 societies in this price. I request other members of the forum to give their comments. Although by virtue of being a plot owner in this society I hold an interest in this society, but I have tried my level best to give you a sincere opinion. I encourage you to consider CDECH to be a serious option for you and I hope you will not regret. May Allah direct us to make the right choice.