Margalla Avenue Linking To D-18 Awt Sangjhani Interchange?

Is that fair to assess that Margalla Avenue is likely to link to D-18 AWT Sangjhani Interchange? If that happens where do we see prices of D-18?

AWT in D-18 is already gaining. When the work on the interchange gets completed in 2 to 3 Months its prices will sharply increase as seeing is bleaving. If it is linked to Margala Ave than another sharp rise as this is the best HS that side fully developed and no fraude. Rest Allah Knows better what will happen in the future. Can Any one upload latest pictures of the progress on Interchange and development work of AWT

Let me clarify that Margalla Avenue will end at GT Road and not extend till AWT, however, for traffic to move between MA and the motorway, the only direct route will be through the Sangjani interchange via its link road (Paswal Road), so yes technically, it will be linked. Plus I have just found out on this forum that this new underconstruction highway I had seen a month back starting from Fateh Jang Road is headed towards AWT (Its a major road so I will try to confirm it myself also).

With all this network its easy to imagine how AWT is shaping up as the hub in this area. Just imagine: a fully developed society with a direct link to the motorway (the only one), GT Road, Margalla Avenue and even Fateh Jang Road. With no Bahria in this area, I think the boys have really rolled up their sleeves on AWT! There is no messing around now.

When I first bought in AWT, I was confident it was going to be a hidden gem. It seems this gem might well turn out to be a "Kohinoor". Lets hope everything will fall in place, InshAllah.

Very True and prices will increase for sure in future.

Some relevant info: http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/publicnotices/199.jpg

Amjad sb thanks for the clarification. One dealer even said that the new road will be linked to the airport however that might be a rumour. I still don’t understand the purpose of that road as why is it so important to connect AWT to fateh Jung Rd?

Let me first get a confirmation on this road, its better to do this from someone in the management of society rather than dealers.

Good question Ali1. And the answer is even better:- Because AWT so far has the crappiest access route that you can find in Zone 2 of Islamabad.

Even with connection to the Motorway, the huge distance from toll plaza is a put off.

If I have to cover this much distance to get to a one kanal house in AWT, I would much rather drive 5-10 mins extra and go to a 5 kanal farmhouse in Orchards at only double the price.

@Pardesi. No doubt a farm house is much Better, I would also very much like that :) (Although AWT also has 2 kanal plots). However, to get a better understanding of the utility of access through the motorway, I think you can try and drive from Bahria Phase 8 to Blue Area some day, specially during rush hours, you will know the answer!

P.S. I also own two plots in Bahria Phase 8, block D.

@Syed Amjad Sahab - which one is a better deal - 2 kanal plot in awt or 5 kanal in multi orchard in more or less the same price range? From Motorway there is only a 5-10 mins drive between the two options

@Pardesi. Sir I would absolutely like the farm house, provided it has central and ample water supply, gas, electricity and reliable security (preferably Army) which I am sure will some day become available in multi orchard as well, which I think will happen soon after they are able to provide these services in B-17 :)

This discussion seems to be getting a little offcourse, I think the purpose of the original thread was to discuss this scheme from an investment point of view rather than living. For the purpose of record, let me state very clearly that I do not intend to build a house or live in AWT in the the near future. However, my investment there has given a 35% return in just six months, and thats good enough to make me happy :)

Amjad sb I don’t understand if it’s rumour but some dealers are saying that MA will eventually connect to motorway and that will give access to gandhara enclave and c sectors CDA is launching in a few months. Please share your thoughts. Thank you

Well, not only AWT delaers, but all dealers of B-17 are also claiming since last one & half year, that MA will pass besides Block-C of B-17 and will be connected to motorway.

Only 3 days ago I met a dealer from Gulberg who "informed" me that NBBIA had been scrapped and the new airport is now being built in Rawat!!

The design of MA has been revised in a number of ways and a number of times. First its alignment was changed from Nicholson Monument to Sangjani. Then a Phase II was added that would link it to the motorway. Then phase II was dropped in view of Sangjani Interchange (CDA cannot build an interchange on motorway) and in the present design a flyover on the junction with GT Road was added.

Gandhara Enclave was a random idea discussed in a meeting in CDA which the CDA chairman "announced" prematurely. When CDA carried out its actual survey, they realized they dont have enough land for it. You might hear this enclave get mentioned (on purpose) when/if C sectors are launched, but after the applications are recieved, the project will be lost in oblivion.

So as you can see, these rumours have a history, but in time, that is what they too will become, history.

Yes we are in the middle of rumours since this govt attempted to change projects for their own sake

Rawat airport is no more than a rumour. How country afford 70 billion to be wasted. However for C 15 and C 16 cda is working for last four years to launch it. Agreement has already been made with the locals. Survey work is already carrying out to demarcate the land. C15 C 16 will launch soon however margalla enclave will take time to launch.

Yes and c sectors will push prices up in zone 2