Islamabad Expressway expansion Phase-II and Phase-III

Any news of expressway expansion Phase II and Phase III when they are going to start these.

May b after December because phase 1 is not yet operational completely…

Phase 1 is complete and traffic running smoothly on the I 8 Interchange aswell

Some dealer told me that cda will start phase 3 after completing phase 1 is it true

Phase II from Faizabad to Koral Chowk will be next..

http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=283241

Phase 3 (Koral-Rawat) section is real test of this project and i highly doubt that it will be completed within tenure of this government.

Then should we give them another tenure so that this Ph 3 is completed?

No way :)

These ganjay bro do not deserve another chance at all.

Koral - Rawat sectiin is really complicated and not easy at all. It will take few years before it is completed.

Why it will take time and is complicated section???

Maintaining the highway from airport chowk towards Islamabad is a no brainer. With VVIP traffic the road has to be kept as spic and span as possible.

From airport chowk to Rawat who really cares? IF nothing else, one would have though by now they would have put up street lights on such a busy and dangerous road at night but that hasnt really happened yet.

Since this portion of the road is beyond CDA's interest and there are no CDA sectors whose development could be impacted by the road connection there has never been any major push to improve the road. Malik Riaz cant even get the Isb highway to Bahria Town access road rebuilt, let alone bare pressure to improve the highway.

One would have thought that with the development of DHA there would be some pressure from the army to improve the highway but that doesn't seem to have made an impact either. Doesnt seem to have had an impact either.

It doesnt help either that BT, DHA etc are seen as PTI strongholds and MR has been on the wrong side of Chaudhry Nisar. But if they were to deliver a shinny 5 lane highway which helps people zoom into Isb proper from BT/DHA they may just gain some popularity in the area. People who will benefit from rising property prices would be keen as well.

In the long run, the development and maintenance of this part of the highway can only be achieved if CDA has some vested interest in this part of Islamabad, which they presently dont. Otherwise, this will remain a project pushed by the federal government and if the government changes Phase 3 can easily be shelved or the project reduced to some recarpeting.

Dear sheikh, being a ganja is no sin…please respect that community. …many of your elders may belong to them…

I think PML-N may cancel the budget of health and education but they will try their level best to complete this road project as it will give them a major boost in the eyes of the Pindi/Isb crowed.

Moreover, Phase 3 is long section but I don't see it as tricky. And they will do it section by section. So I am optimistic about it. Rest Allah knows everything.

Work on Phase-2 commenced today and I was quite impressed that the digging was on going at very fast pace.

As Nadir said, route from Airport chowk to Isb is VVIP, so it will be done at any cost.

My main concern is Phase-3. Lets wait and see

Million$$$ bhai,

I am against ganja not because of his physical appearance but because of his poor planning and governance. .

CDA has approved a new policy for section III of this project which will allow the housing societies to build the Approved flyovers/interchanges themselves provided they are in accordance with the design prepared by CDA. Societies will also be responsible for maintenance of these for two years, but, they will not be allowed to use these for any commercial gains. Lets see how this model works.

I am not sure how CDA can allow the housing societies to do that? The NHA has right of way and owns the land either side of the ISB highway and it hasnt allowed DHA for example to encroach on its land, let alone allow CDA to make policy on private parties closing of sections of the road for development. Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree with a policy which puts the cost of these projects on private parties as the increasing land prices benefit private housing schemes and tax payer money shouldnt be used to benefit private parties and home owners who dont even pay their taxes.

Yesterday work was started after faizabad bridge and digging was ongoing when i passed after my office time.

Yes, the work has already started on the next phase…

Start of work on 2nd phase will give lot of boost to legitimate housing societies around this signal free corridor especially Gulberg.

If policy for building the flyovers by Private partnership is approved then Gulberg, Judicial colony and Airport Societies should build a flyover jointly and this will give them huge benefits with exceptional gains by members as well.Overall all these have excellent location.