Overseas Pakistani Wants To Sell Her Pakistan-House

How to precede when you live abroad (Europe), and want to sell a house that you have in Pakistan? Can overseas Pakistanis get any help/assistance from good, authorized people? Any real estate agents in Pakistan that specialize in selling property/assistance for selling property? And where to contact such trustworthy/reliable people?

Hi Sara,

This is a very common problem faced by overseas Pakistanis. There are dozens of reputable organizations operating in Pakistan, both on and off Zameen.com (I myself am an agent, by the way) but I still reckon the best way to go about selling your property when you per se are not in Pakistan is to go via one of your relatives (brothers, cousins, uncles).

But I suppose you must too have contemplated the possibility of going through the said route and posted on the forum only because it was not a possibility for you (my assumption). I might be able to recommend someone if you could please tell me where exactly the property in question is (Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad)?

It depends upon where the house is?

As Bhatti saab has mentioned, until we know where the house is, then we can possibly advise as each have their own regulations that must be followed. Islamabad is more easier for overseas buyers to purchase real estate whereas others you must abide by certain procedures.

Hello!

You are right about my reason for posting on this forum; I do not have any (reliable!) relatives in Pakistan. Therefore I would like to do it myself, through a reliable agent.

The house is in Gujrat. :)

Thank you for any help!

If you got no relative then perhaps money proves to be more reliable than people, specifically in Pakistan. Get a good Lawyer for your property transaction and get your work done the right way. Don't believe too much on real estate agents as they always try to benefit themselves more than anything. Best is that you act quickly because people are in a habit of forging fake papers and selling the property of overseas citizens especially if the house is old and abandoned. Good Luck!

House is in Gujrat

Don’t have access to Gujrat…

Hi Sara,

Thank you for the information. I know someone who might be able to help. He primarily deals in Lahore property but let me talk to him and see if he can pull any strings in Gujrat. In any case, I will keep you posted and share his contact information once I have his consent.

Come and meet local property dealer and people there. Ask which was last house sold to get an idea, come, sell and go, if you are rich enough give me as gift, you have to go embassy to provide NOC to your relative that you agree and he will sale this, even a lawyer can help, gift me at least you will not end up as fool or cheated, or come yourself even you do not have a relative here, and it is pretty much same ... Patwaris are same as before and in cooperative societies there are very wise person who can deliver best and cheat best too.

Hope you are wise and I'm from near Gujrat, you can message me to have an idea about your property value, it must be an old home. Ba-bye.

Dear Shah, best wishes with ur gift, you will give a treat after that.

Regards

Lol shah, gift you with what exactly? whats your commission exactly? your right though, if you don’t know anyone you can easily get conned…@ sara, don’t you have anyone in Pakistan that can atleast do anything on your behalf? friend or relative? someone whom you can trust, or atleast get them look through the paperwork?

Very common practice people get ripped off through craigslist in USA and here we are talking about finding an honest dealer on-line in Pakistan! Please do it yourself stay out of trouble. Don’t trust any one on-line!

@ sinful, you are right! however, if people have comprehensive live styles then how can they fly out to Pakistan, sell and come back. Sometimes its impossible to do so with the current life styles trends of working and providing for your family. Therefore, it would be useful to have a strong contact overseas wherever you have real estate so they can keep an eye on it as well as sort out anything your unsure of. @ sara, its difficult to find someone who you don't know, your best bit is to find several estate agents, and find going current price of house. Then find a friend and relative who can sell on your behalf, but keep in touch to find out what the house is sold for etc...that's the only possible solution in this scenario.

Never trust anyone sara. My father got looted because of this trust.

Not even lawyers,many lawyers are corrupt too ,un se to jan baxhan bhe mushkil ho jate …

I suppose Sinful and Shumaila have given the best possible advices. :slight_smile: