3 million investment query

Dear friends ,

I just sold a plot in gulberg islamabad and have gathered some humble funds around 3 million pkr ( 30 lacs ) extend-able to 3.5 million ( 35 lac rupees ) . I am looking to buy something that can be rented out preferably some shop ( as it demands less maintenance )

Although i'll prefer something in islamabad but i can look up in faisalabad, rawalpindi , lahore and sargodha.

Kindly tell me my options. Bascially i am looking to generate a monthly income of 25,000 (25k) atleast. I have another job as well so i cannot do something which requires 24/7 assistance

Regards
V

Mr V

i read your several comments on gulberg thread. Firstly you choose wrong time to sell as P block rates crossed 2.0 million in early part in few days. I think plots are better investment that may cross annual rental income, if invested carefully and luck fevers. I dont see any place with this amount and generate 25 thousand monthly rent but some Rawalpindi localities (i.e cant area, air port society, adiala road etc) where house/shop in this price tag may generate 15-20 thousand rent.

Best option in my opinion is, invest in H block Gulberge with 10marla. Location is good, level height and near to main commercial and circular avenue. Hopefully give u better return.

Yes i agree with Nasir05. Everyone is saying Gulberg prices are on the rise so why you opted for selling your plot.

Buy a good truck and rent that, I know people do this but I’m not an expert on this business.

Good idea by Khaannnn.

Regards

Thank you @Nasir05 for your input but I can buy the plot in same locality that is P-1000 to P-1600 for an additional 20-30K .... Or even same price if I look a bit more .. Gulberg is good no doubt but why are they delaying it again and again ... The ghouri town adjacent to it which is an illegal society has appreciated more then gulberg .. WHY ???

I agree with the plot idea of yours but I wanted an additional monthly income to compliment cost of living ... So looking for something else as well .. Along side plots ... There are so many plots and so many societies .. As of today 75 housing societies in Islamabad only.. Buying a plot is not a big hustle but getting a good value place for rental income would be an achievement

Agreed with V

Keep me updated about your search V

We both are on the same boat

You can get a good basement shop in DHA-2. That will get you a healthy rental straight away.

@V

Ok i agree with your idea but bit confused about this much rent with such a limited investement. U really need to workhard. My best wishes with u.

Also I want to ask what is better shop or flat/apartment in terms of

1. Rental Value

2. Operating Cost of Maintenance

3. Future appreciation at the time of Sale

Dear V,

In this amount you can get rent 10k to 15k.

E-11 studio apartment.

Pha apartment.

Dha phase2 as Pardasi told.

Bahria Phase8 shop.

Bahria Phase1 to 6 studio apartment.

My good wishes and lot of prayers for you.

Regards

Also I want to ask what is better shop or flat/apartment in terms of

1. Rental Value

2. Operating Cost of Maintenance

3. Future appreciation at the time of Sale

@V. Why don’t you just go with national savings? It will give you more than your required rate of return. Unless you have any issues with that.

It is controversial … Isn’t ?! … Dil bnda behlaa ly jese bhi . But it is better to stay away from controversial things …

As you prefer. My assessment of rental market is that actual return on rentals isn’t more than 7-8% per annum max. Remaining return is in the form of capital gains, which is a return, but it remains non-cash until you sell.

Savings schemes go down the drain when Rupee sheds its value because returns are denominated in Rupee terms. At that time there is a panic rush of rupee savings towards real estate as we saw in 2012-2013 when Multi and DHA-2 increased dramatically.

This was a cumulative snow ball effect of people doing copycat buying to jump on the profit taking bandwagon. But not all of the profit takers have holding power so they soon exit with profit which creates downward readjustment but that process is comparatively slower.

@pardesi man … Kehna kya chah rhe ho >? … Kya krna chahye 3 million ka … Seedha sa sawal hai mera :slight_smile:

I told you sir… If you want revenue stream straight away, shop is a good option otherwise for capital gains buy a file in DHA Multan. Development work is started in Multan.

One of my distant relative got a shop for 1 crore rupees 8 years ago in the centre of the city .... It went on rent for 70 thousand back in 2007 .. Today its rent is 2 lacs and worth of the shop is around 4-4.5 crore ....

how do you people say that the societies exploiting people .. Delaying the possessions etc are a better investment then the one I just stated above