B-17 or gulberg residencia

Want to buy a plot and construct a home at 10 marla plot. Want to shift within 2 years. Which location is better?

B-17 or gulberg? Expert advise will be highly appreciated.

Both are good and safe investment but remember if you go to Gulberg Residencia then must focus on developed blocks only.

Regards

As of now B-17 is better in terms of development and living facilities available.

After 2+ years Gulberg will be better due to its location and steady development.

Thank you Mr. Nadeem and Zubair for your valuable advise.

I have been living in B-17 Block C since 2017 and I am really happy I selected B-17. Travel to Islamabad is signal free till G-11 and takes 30-35 mins max (but yes there is traffic during rush hours on Peshawar Road and in such time it takes 40-45 mins), almost all amenities are present inside B-17 such as parks, zoo, mall, hospital, security, plenty of water, garbage collection, etc. Shopping for things that arent inside B-17 is also easy as its just 15 mins drive to Taxila.

The land prices have also appreciated by more than 125% in just 3 years when I constructed my home.

So I will highly recommend you B-17 Block C.

I think in future Gulberg Residencia will win the battle due to its location. But only invest in Possession Areas.

B-17 is great but the location from CBD matter a lot do not relay on Margala Avenue lollipop.

GR possession blocks!

Plz advise if GR is compared to Faisal Town…which one will be better?

GR vs Faisal Town:

GR: Wait till good amount of population around the blocks. GOod for investment but not that good for living at the moment. Therefore, investment in possession areas will be lucurative in future (5 years).

Faisal Town: Good for Construction business and living. Matured for investment therefore gradual growth is expected but do not expect big jumps.

Thank you Abdul Raheem for very informative response. Can you please brief me some thing about E-Block. I have a plot there near Markaz and now planning to start construction very soon.

@Muhammad Tahir Shoukat

Block D and E are also good. Obviously they are right now a bit less populated as compared to Block A,B,C but I am sure within 2-3 years it too will be populated sufficiently as the construction pace within B-17 is extremely high as compared to any other society in Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Just drive within B-17 and count the houses/plazas currently being constructed.

If you are planning to live here then I would definitely recommend you to build your house.

Thankyou Abdul Raheem for your valuable comments.

I own plots in Gulberg and B17 Alhamdulillah. Location wise Gulberg is a lot better. B17 will be only comparable if Margalla Avenue is constructed. I am not in Pakistan, so don’t know how long it will take. One word of advice is NEVER buy non-possession plot in Gulberg, otherwise you will be stuck forever. Buy only Possession plot in Gulberg. Never buy through a dealer as there is always TOP (HARRAMKHORRY) involved. You can get 5-10 lacs cheaper from DIRECT Owner. Majority of dealers of B17 and Gulberg are the worst creatures on the face of planet earth.

Agreed and will add: Go to any random dealer of BT, he will make those B-17 and Gulrberg Dealers look pure angles…

Haha…seriously did not know that…

Really i agree with Mr. Imtiaz. I purchsed tow plots in bahria town phase 8 and the top amount was almodt 7 lac each.

I had to sell one of them and almost all of the brokers were playing the games to buy it on the lowest rate. Such as its filling area so rate is low. I provided them with google earth 15 years old images to ptove its not filling area.

Finally i got a good broker and he sold my one plot on good rate. This is how i earned a good ptofit otherwise all of them were playing with me to sell it without any profit.

After it went to B-17 to buy a plot for investment. I was amaized to see they arrangeda meeting with the plot owner which seems impossible in bahria case. Secondly brokers in b17 got only 1% comission. I was surprized.

Thirdly i noticed there is a huge differnce in transfer fee and taxes in both societies. In bahria i had to pay 72k as transfer & 78k as tax. Where as b17 took 3500 as transfer fee and 15500 as tax.

For second plot in bahria i had to pay poession & utility charges of Rs. 2 lac 5 thousand where as B-17 gave me posession letter for only 7 thousand rupees.

I am totally agree with Mr imtiaz that if you go to bahria town you will feel brokers in b17 are angels as compared to bhria brokrs.

This is an interesting debate but sir ji Bahria k gunah to agents k khatay main matt dalain :smiley:

In BT projects, Dealer & Bahria are two different side of same stuff that is day light loot as much as you can manage. There is a rarest exception of a few who still play it fair, while in BT!

BT's country manager is the guy behind that (unofficial) alliance that launches new deal through select dealers instead of direct to market! This strategy is as old as BT started growing beyond initial 2 phases. Is case main Gunah kernay aur Uksaanay walay aik hi samjhain!

BT Deals: 'Yeh Maal hai Kissi Aur Ka isay Baichtaa Koi Aur Hai ...'

--------------
Recently CSC did same pathetic stuff with Harmony Park Commercial!

Hamayun sb, B-17 (MPCHS) or any other as a cooperative Housing Society will be slow at development but having minimal charges and mostly much better delivery chances compared to these private project developers!

Very well explained by Imtiaz Sb. About BT.

A recent practical example is Bahria Orchard phase 4 Lahore.

Where the area allocated for park in the map from last 3 years. Few months ago allotted to a builder/dealer who has launched double story 5 Marla villas project.

Selling on installments.

Yes Zubair sb ... to correlate, recently a developer filmed a BT official (in BT office) for some sort of a prohibited approval in favor of cash under the table (the guy was literally accepting that with both hands on top of the table).

This is unfortunately how things work and there is no exception! Imagine the stuff that goes un-filmed!