Best society in islamabad in terms of no water issue

Aoa members,

Please give your valuable advice on the best society to live in terms of no water issue and reasonable price (no f,g,h,i sectors).
Do societies like b17, g15, police foundation, gulberg, media town, bahria town fulfill the demand of water?

I am looking to buy a plot in the range of 5-7 million and water is very first priority.

Please provide your reasonable suggestions.

Thanks

Water issue is everywhere. It's about which one manages it better with no disaster to be felt by the residents. For 5 - 7 million bracket, my pick will be BT, as of now.

Probabaly some others can elaborate on the DHAs. Rest there is problem almost everywhere. Gulberg is much less or negligibly populated to say anything now!

One of the compensation is undergoing water boring that is becoming mandatory.

Don’t which is without issues but I have been in contact with Bahria town from many years and apart from few odd days, there has never been any issue , I am sure dha would be same too

It is all about the water supply system management by the society.

Take example of B-17 which has plenty of underground water but management is corrupt and full of greedy looters who never spends a dime on water supply system. Therefore every house on average spends 100,000 on water drilling themselves. A water supply system can be installed for 50% of this amount if every plot is slapped with water development charges.

But society is corrupt and they even built plazas and commercials on places originally dedicated for water plants and turbines.

Private drilling in front of each house also compromises the ground integrity, more and more chances of contamination of underground water through these holes. Imagine you have 1000s of these open holes within area of 3-4KM and all connected to water table underneath the ground.

Moreover water level will keep falling further down and you will have to renew your water hole time to time. Also motors they use in these holes burn a lot and you will be replacing those whenever it runs out on your.

Instead society should drill at certain controlled and sealed points and from there supply water to every household with dedicated water line.

G-15, Police Foundation, Gulberg, media town are also similar crap. You will be left at the mercy of personal drilling only. And that is if you are lucky. If there are 1000 plots, it doesn't mean that every plot will have enough source of water at the front of back.

Some plots never find any underground water or may be there is a big rock underneath which make it impossible to drill. In those cases, only option you have is to get supply with tankers which during the summer time can cost up to 5000 for a small one pulled by tractor.

On the other hand Bahria Enclave, Phase-8 is a hilly area but still Bahria provides adequate water supply to all houses. Then if for some reason, water supply is not able to reach your house, they provide water tankers at no extra charge until that issue is fixed.

DHA also provides well-managed stable water supply to all houses.

So, I would recommend Bahria & DHAs. Even animal do not stay on places where there is no water. So stay away from all others you mentioned above.

I am living in Faisal Town Block A. Though not yet populated but at the moment water level is 50 feet and I have not experienced water shortage through boring there.

Relates to the topic:
Normally people do not pay much attention on water proofing of the septic tanks and also proper cementing of casing of drilled water hand pump hole. Leakage from the neighbour's septic tank finds its way to the hand pump water making it polluted for human consumption.
The tube well must be cemented around casing for at least 30 feets or so depending upon the terrain to avoid any seepage from own or other septic tank.
It is of utmost importance that we check our well water in lab before we start consuming it!
Fortunately now a days RO stem are available on lesser prices and can deliver clean and virus free ( well most of them but not all).
A RO system for a family of 10 souls now costs around Rs 30,000 for drinking water and provided with online mineral analyser.