Business In Lahore

I am oversees Pakistani, looking to move Pakistan and have decided to settle in Lahore. I am interested in doing business and looking for ideas or advise kind of business I can do. Please include budget needed for the business and also ROI in your discussion. Also interested in knowing what a person can do in Lahore if person has 3-4 crore rupees with business experience and education. I know many of my fellow overseas Pakistani’s has similar question, therefore I intend this thread to more like discussion and beneficial of all.

Brother if you are interested in real estate investments then i can help you

Regards

Shehzad

It depends what experience and expertise do you have ?

You can start of with buying some flats, houses, and renting them for regular income and with the remaining capital, you can do some sort of business or rolling/buying/selling of plots.

Dear respected sir, RENTING A PROPERTY IS NEVER A GOOD DECISION ACCORDING TO MY PERSONAL OPINION.THE RETURN IS NOT SO GOOD YOU INVEST 1 CRORE U WILL GET MAXIMUM 50 THOUSAND RS PER MOUNTH RENT AND U HAVE TO PAY THE PROPERTY TAX YOURSELF.INVESTING IN A PLOTS ESPECIALLY IN SUI GAS PHASE PHASE 2 IS MUCH BETTER , YOU WILL INSHALLAH FORGET THE INCOME OF EUROPE EVEN THE UNITED STATES AS FOR AS PROFIT IS CONCERNED.DO ISTAKHARA AND JUMP INTO PROPERTY BUSINESS, INSHALLAH ALLAH PAK MAKE YOUR FATE BEST, GIVES YOU A LOT , FULFILL YOUR ALL GOOD WISHES AMIN, THANKS IMRAN BASHIR 0321-4193689

Shezad - I have plot in DHA, will be buying some more later this year.

Nasir - I have offices in building soon will go on rent.

What i am referring to business as more of producing product or services, not trading of real estate.

Since both of you mentioned real estate, what about Construction business? Constructing houses & selling? What cost or ROI\margin is involved? what kind of issues one get in that business?

You can visit the site http://youth.pmo.gov.pk/ which details feasibility report and business model of small business loan scheme, you can start anyone of them or get an idea…

Waqas - Thank you for the link, I have checked few of the feasibility, but numbers doesn't make sense. For example, at http://furniturepakistan.org.pk/raw-material-shop-business-plan/

There is a summary that on investment of 1 crore + yourself, return is 7 lac rupees a year. You can these days invest 1 crore and get back 10% - 12% (10 - 12% lac) just in rental, then what is the point of business.

Brother whatever you do, just try to make an investment portfolio and diversify your investment profile.

As per the niche of business is concerned, you should pursue the one that interests you and in which you have a previous experience. In the beginning, you should think about your organic growth, but you can also get inorganic after getting stable.

Lastly, once again, please pursue the business that interests you.

May ALLAH bless us all in this world and hereafter. Aameen.

Imran - I rental investment is in commercial not in residential and i estimate it usually to return 10% per annum.

As Zain suggested as well, few properties in rent is just for the reason to keep portfolio diverse.

Zain - My experience is in west not in Pakistan, so same business wouldn't work in Lahore. Also My interest (which is IT) might or might not bring me return on my work or money. This is the reason this discussion was created with the mind that what kind of business can be done in Lahore in 3-4 Crore and what return should one expect.

Business Tip:

• Buy 2 kanals in any suitable and relatively new area of Lahore;

• Go to The Educators website and contact them for affiliation; Meet them and discuss how to construct on your land.

• On one kanal, build Villa in a smart way so that it can be used as a school (don't go for purpose build campus because then you cannot sell or change your business).

• Leave one kanal for lawn;

• Poach a Beacon House Headmistress or Student Counselor to act as Principal; then hire most teachers from fresh graduates with Good English skills from PU, Kinnaird, GC etc.

• In evening, start IT classes for certification courses;

Then start minting money and when you have made millions from middle class working parents, then try to duplicate this model by going for another similar project inshaAllah.

If you like my post, you can mark it as the best answer. In any case best of luck and Allah bless you.

PK1 - 2 Kanal of Land + Construction + Labor + Legal + Etc. Is it all doable in 3-4 Crore?

I assume Because House would also like to have share in revenue, etc.

Do you have any numbers to support this model even rough numbers?

Their are already mushroom growth in Private Schools and now after the reforms in Education sector by Punjab Government its really a hard time for Private Schools.

Buy two small plots of size 25x50 in that area where there is population growth can be witnessed.

Construct 1 house and keep the other one for future. Sale that constructed house and start constructing the other one meanwhile search for another plot of same size or NOW after getting some experience increase the size to 30x60, continue this cycle .

For construction business their are learned forum members who can guide you better.

Cheers

ISBase - Yes construction business has made a lot of sense to me by so far, may be because I am already engaged in it at some level. How much is 25x50? is it sq ft.? How much is it in marla?

25x50 is 5 marla. 30x60 is 8 marla

If you liked the idea can u pls give it a best reply :slight_smile:

Let other ideas pour in and we will all select on the best one together :slight_smile:

Good one brother !

You guys are really testing our patience and getting the ideas free of cost :)

Anyways all the best wishes for whatever future endeavors you prefer.

ISBase - Well this is the Falahi post for beneficial for everyone. Take it as a brain storming discussion, you might benefit out of it, who knows.

On a side note, if i picked up any idea from here and started the business, i will send you mithai ka dubba.

Got it brother !

Yes indeed its beneficial to everyone including myself