Buying a house in g-13

Hello,

Im in the process of buying ahouse in g-13. The deal is almost complete. However, ive not done this before and this is going to be my first ever property purchase. Can somebody please tell me the process and what documents to check? What should i be cautious about? I have a feeling that the property dealer is favouring the seller and hiding stuff from me. Please help.

Thanks a million.

Mehmood Sb

It might be unethical but the safest & first step should be going to the CDA secretariat , find G-13 sector clerk to check the plot number and the owner’s NIC.

Then spend a little money and proceed to the newspaper office and publish an AD that your buying such and such with owner name, plot number, sector etc, for any possible claimer.

Also make sure that the plot seller is NOT having a guardian certificate to sell a minor’s property?

Good dealer would agree to this and matter of fact they have their contacts in CDA and help to check the file. This is not legal, though, but a lot of things are happening in CDA now a days!

Shame on me that I am advising you a bad thing but you are talking millions of your hard earned money and if you have been put up with a bad guy, you can end up in a big problem.

Years before, I was in deal of buy new allotment plot in G-11 and you do not want me to tell you that how much fraud was being exercised in dealer’s offices, as those plots were allotted to the poor low scale CDA employees and those poor souls were being toyed by the dealer like anything!

It might be unethical but the safest & first step should be going to the CDA secretariat , find G-13 sector clerk to check the plot number and the owner’s NIC.

Then spend a little money and proceed to the newspaper office and publish an AD that your buying such and such with owner name, plot number, sector etc, for any possible claimer.

Also make sure that the plot seller is NOT having a guardian certificate to sell a minor’s property?

Good dealer would agree to this and matter of fact they have their contacts in CDA and help to check the file. This is not legal, though, but a lot of things are happening in CDA now a days!

Shame on me that I am advising you a bad thing but you are talking millions of your hard earned money and if you have been put up with a bad guy, you can end up in a big problem.

Years before, I was in deal of buy new allotment plot in G-11 and you do not want me to tell you that how much fraud was being exercised in dealer’s offices, as those plots were allotted to the poor low scale CDA employees and those poor souls were being toyed by the dealer like anything!

Thanks Qayyum Saab for the reply. Its actually a house not just a plot and its in G-13. I've been told that G-13 doesn't fall under CDA but FGEHF and has nothing to do with cda. I have also been told that all houses are being traded as plots regardless of any construction on them and "completion" is not being issued yet as apparently there are no houses in g13 on papers. Everything is just a plot.

Thanks much.

Thanks for correction, sir.

My experience is years old and was limited to G-11, F-11 & I-16 only.

I did not know that G-13 transfer is NOT in CDA office. Yes houses are transferred on the plots not on houses and I meant plot.

When I bought, they took pictures at the time of signing the handover/taken over time and finger prints and all.

This is the beauty of sharing the info. I thought CDA is still custodian of G-13 even if it is being developed by the society?

No worries Qayyum Saab :) May be you are right and im being fed the wrong information. Im a complete novice and i have absolutely no idea about who's the custodian of G-13 and whats the role of CDA & FGEHF, the procedures and documentation ... My buying experience is limited to buying clothes shoes and grocery etc :)

Lets wait for someone whos expert in G-13 to enlighten us :)

Cheers

Mehmood sb,

Trivial but important:

1. Make sure you meet the owner and get a copy of his CNIC and cellphone no. Do not buy from the investor or middle man.

2. Check the original allotment letter with the seller. Get a photocopy and if possible have it verified from inside the FGEHF office.

3. Do not make huge biyana.

4. Get proper agreement done on stamp paper.

5. Make all payments through draft/pay order only and get receipt on the photocopy of the draft.

6. No cash payments. Sometimes, dealer asks you to pay a part through cash, which is usually his top-up.

Transfer is done in the FGEHS office and they will take pics of both parties and give you computerized transfer certificate. Dont pay unless its done.

I have a house in G13 and never heard of any corruption inside the society. Though AQ sb is right, it may happen at dealer/middle men level so try to avoid anything outside the legal process.

Thank you Isloo1 and Junaid :)

Isloo1:-

1. Done

2. Done

3. Unfortunately done

4. Done

5. Done

6. Done

At this point my major concerns are: one FGEHF employee told me about this "non-construction fine", that is if you havent done any construction on your plot since 2010 you have to pay this yearly fine. Since this house is actually a plot on papers, this fine must be applicable right? but i checked at FGEHF office and the said plot has 0 outstanding balance. Now im not sure if this fine enforced by CDA or FGEHF.

and there's this completion certificate thing. Both owner and dealer are reluctant to get it. The dealer says theres no completion going on in g13. I checked myself with FGEHF and the said yes there is and its being done by CDA. My dealer says FGHEF are lying lol. He said take the map and get it verified from any architect, if theres any violation we'll ask the seller to arrange the certificate. The map he gave me is on legal size paper lol and contains only 1st and 2nd floor which i think are alright. The issue i guess is the 3rd floor (roof). Theres a full size room and a bathroom there.

thanks guys for the help :)

Why the hell my posts are pending approval??? that too for 7 hours now???

Thank you Isloo1 and Junaid :)

Isloo1:-

1. Done

2. Done

3. Unfortunately done

4. Done

5. Done

6. Done

At this point my major concerns are: one FGEHF employee told me about this “non-construction fine”, that is if you havent done any construction on your plot since 2010 you have to pay this yearly fine. Since this house is actually a plot on papers, this fine must be applicable right? but i checked at FGEHF office and the said plot has 0 outstanding balance. Now im not sure if this fine enforced by CDA or FGEHF.

And there's this completion certificate thing. Both owner and dealer are reluctant to get it. The dealer says theres no completion going on in g13. I checked myself with FGEHF and the said yes there is and its being done by CDA. My dealer says FGHEF are lying lol. He said take the map and get it verified from any architect, if theres any violation we'll ask the seller to arrange the certificate. The map he gave me is on legal size paper lol and contains only 1st and 2nd floor which i think are alright. The issue i guess is the 3rd floor (roof). Theres a full size room and a bathroom there.

And there’s this completion certificate thing. Both owner and dealer are reluctant to get it. The dealer says theres no completion going on in g13. I checked myself with FGEHF and the said yes there is and its being done by CDA. My dealer says FGHEF are lying lol. He said take the map and get it verified from any architect, cont…

And there’s this completion certificate thing. Both owner and dealer are reluctant to get it. The dealer says theres no completion going on in g13. I checked myself with FGEHF and the said yes there is and its being done by CDA. My dealer says FGHEF are lying lol. He said take the map and get it verified from any architect,

And there's this completion certificate thing. Both owner and dealer are reluctant to get it. The dealer says theres no completion going on in g13. I checked myself with FGEHF and the said yes there is and its being done by CDA. My dealer says FGHEF are lying lol. He said take the map and get it verified from any architect, if theres any violation we'll ask the seller to arrange the certificate. The map he gave me is on legal size paper lol and contains only 1st and 2nd floor which i think are alright. The issue i guess is the 3rd floor (roof). Theres a full size room and a bathroom there.

Just curious, what if a lawyer is hired to ensure all legalities are in order?

Mehmood, a plot is almost always transferred when all outstanding dues are cleared. So if there is any accumulated "no construction" penalty, then the seller should clear it. You can check that now, or at the time of transfer. But if FGEHF has not actually levied such penalty then you should be fine.

If the files are with FGEHF, then all fine/penalties will be imposed by FGEHF and not CDA.

Shaheen, yes you may hire a lawyer, but usually a trusted realtor who deals in the same society suffices. So, for second opinion, my advise is to find another dealer who works in the same society and compare notes with him. You can pay him a modest fee and actually get some services such as checking papers, digging details from society office, making sure there is no litigation pending on the property, general market gossip or any rumor about the plot. Usually if a plot is disputed or the seller is a troublemaker, then the market knows it.

Thanks Isloo1 saab :)

Do you have any idea about completion certificate? i know this for a fact that it is being by CDA for g13 but the dealer and the seller are both reluctant to get it done saying that it is not necessary.