Can foriegners buy property in Pakistan?

I have a friend who is keen real estate investors. Kinda small, private one person party she is. I wanted to ask on her behalf if foreigners can buy property in Pakistan for investment purpose?

It strikes as kind of odd because she needs a visa to come to Pakistan and still wants to invest. She asked me but I am not too sure about it. Can any of the experts handle the query?

To further elucidate on my point, mostly foreigners are advised not to enter ‘sensitive’ areas like Cantt etc. If buying property is not really an issue, can they buy property in Cantt, even though they are otherwise advised ‘not to enter’?

Dear Nafees,

Other then Pakistani National can't purchase land in Pakistan on there name. This is government rule.

So they can rent but not buy (in their own name). Ironic how the Raymond Davises of the world can go around buying all kinds of land in the federal capital.

Dear Nafees Bhatti sahib,

I have two plot of agricultural land for sale, i need your help to send it through your via media detail is given below please help me.

Thanks.

1.Tamam raqba nehri pani se serab hota hai. Our nehri pane sara sal 24 hrs isee raqba k leye hai. 2 tube wells be hain jin ka water level 30 to 40 feet hai. 110 acres raqba hai. 12 acres per mango & kino ka bagh hai. 3 bed residence bani hai. One malik hai koi dispute nahee hai. Mukamal qabza hai. Tamam raqba abbad hai sirf 15 to 20 acers barani hai wo be abad hai. 2. Iskay elawa meray pas 850 acres raqba for sale hai. Thesail joharabad (distt.Khushab) punjab me. 100 acres per shikar gah bani hui hay. 50 acres barani hai or 700 acres mukakam abad hai. 11 tube wells hain 3 electricty walay or 8 diesil waly hain. 40 acres per ala quality ka kino ko bagh hai poday mukamal javan hain. Ikailawa 500 trees hain jo mukamal jan or kafi motay hain. Johar aabd muzafar garh road per waqai hai. Link road mid say guzar raha hai. For demand contact me on +923006092448, +923156782448.

Thanks.

Muhammad Latif Shah

Dear. 1.Tamam raqba nehri pani se serab hota hai. Our nehri pane sara sal 24 hrs isee raqba k leye hai. 2 tube wells be hain jin ka water level 30 to 40 feet hai. 110 acres raqba hai. 12 acres per mango & kino ka bagh hai. 3 bed residence bani hai. One malik hai koi dispute nahee hai. Mukamal qabza hai. Tamam raqba abbad hai sirf 15 to 20 acers barani hai wo be abad hai. 2. Iskay elawa meray pas 850 acres raqba for sale hai. Thesail joharabad (distt.Khushab) punjab me. 100 acres per shikar gah bani hui hay. 50 acres barani hai or 700 acres mukakam abad hai. 11 tube wells hain 3 electricty walay or 8 diesil waly hain. 40 acres per ala quality ka kino ko bagh hai poday mukamal javan hain. Ikailawa 500 trees hain jo mukamal jan or kafi motay hain. Johar aabd muzafar garh road per waqai hai. Link road mid say guzar raha hai. For demand contact me on +923006092448, +923156782448.

Thanks.

Muhammad Latif Shah

Foreigners working and living in Pakistan can buy or rent properties; however, the Government requires them to complete certain legal formalities with the board of investment and the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan. Foreigners intending to rent to buy property also have to submit the following documents to the Home Department.

1) A letter of employment from the company in which they are working at(e.g embassy/consulate/multinational) that mentions the nature of their residency, as well as the period of intended stay, along with the company's physical address in Pakistan.

2) A complete copy of foreigner's passport with a valid visa and six recent photographs.

Additionally, the following are also required by the Home Department.

3) The landlord/ property owner and the real estate agent are both required to submit a copy of their CNIC for record keeping.

4) The landlord/property owner is required to provide proof of ownership(e.g, certified copy of registered lease document of the property, a map, drawing and approval site plan) that has been attested by a Notary public.

According to the current law , the property can only be occupied by the person, whose name is on the contract. If the occupant of the property changes, a new contract or deed should be drawn up, and the name of the new contract should be communicated to the respected Home Department within a day.

In case of violation of the procedures, the following actions can be taken by the Government:

1) Thorough scrutiny of the premises by the police.

2) Cancellation of visa and prosecution before the deportation of the foreigner.

3) The building's owner will not allow to rent or sell the property for next five years.

4) Investigation and prosecution of the real estate agency owner as well as the estate agent under the prevailing law.

Practical solution is that she makes a Pvt ltd company under her name and then could purchase any Real estate under her company’s name

They Can

Assalam alaikom

Any body have idea?

I amna foreigner and If i want to sell my property in pakistan whats the procedure.

Whats document need to submit

I want to appoint one person and gibe power of attorney to proceed this but whats document need to submit

Thanks if anyone can reply

I think u need to get the power of attorney attested from Pak embassy/ high commission, but would be better if you go there and make the deal yourself

Aslam o alikum. I have a foreigner friend who want to purchase property in Pakistan i just want to know its possible?if possible whats process?

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding Real Estate Investor Websites.

Is real estate investment is best option to think about or not??

Do let me know please as soon as possible.

Done Deal, are you considering starting your own website which will, sort of, crowd fund investors?

Dear nafees,

Great to meet you. Please consider going through this project for investment purpose. Skypark One

Regards.