Comparing dha lahore phase 7 and 8

Can anyone please advise which one is better for investment and for making house in next 3 years?

Dha phase 7 or 8 (lahore)?

Please also advise why prices are stagnant for last 3 years there.

Anyone please reply.

Dear Asim,

DHA Ph 8 sector U, V, W and T are new sectors where house construction has just started. W is the most expensive (min 2.30 crore) whereas T is at min 2.15. Both the sectors are adjacent to phase 6 and enjoy great accessibility. Prices have come down from nearly 3+ crore last year to this level. It will take min 3 years to these sectors to become live-able.

Ph. 7 sectors R, S, T, U, V, W, X and Y have possession with varying house construction ranging from very high in R to just started in Y. Prices also range from 1.80 (in R) to 1.30 (in Y).

From investment point of view, sector Y is the best as the base investment is low and margin for prices to grow is high. In 5 years time, it will be well populated. It also does not seem to be affected due to proximity with villages as R, S, V and X do.

Check out Google Map for further details.

Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for such a comprehensive, complete and well written response. JazakALLAH

1. Can anyone please advise why prices dropped from 3+ to 2.3 in one year? It may go down further.

2. How much percentage of Y section of phase 7 is constructed?

3/ Why Phase 7 has lower prices than phase 6?

Kindly advise.

Go for Phase-8 eyes closed.

There are 3 major factors to consider while deciding in real estate

1. Location

2. Location

3. Location

Shaikh sb very true but slightly outdated equation.

1. Location (Distance + Access + Convenience)

- As a random example, Zero point to Saddar is all prime location but as soon you exit ISB and enter into RWP traffic, road condition etc. In peak hours can turn into night mare and hours to commute even for few KM, although prime locations.

If location was the only factor, in that case anything beyond BT-Phase 4 (ISB) would have been a no go...

2. Amenities (Utilities + Infrastructure + Recreational)

- Most of the proper CDA sectors have basic amenities available way before a single resident. But on infrastructure side CDA lags way behind.

3. External Developments (Road Networks etc.)

- Prime example are how far off locations that had worst location got in lime light due to new airport and relevant developments. Even now location is not good but lots of appreciation due to anticipation of future developments

New equation is at-least:
Location + Ameneties + External Developments

Asim: there are only 2-3 houses under construction in Sector Y.

As for your second question, I guess simply because Ph 7 is lagging behind in house construction. But it is catching up fast, so do no hesitate if you absolutely want to buy in DHA lahore. Prices are generally stagnant and gradually increasing with population. So this is ideal time to buy, you can close a deal of your liking with peace of mind.

Sheikh-007: yes but only sectors W and T of Ph.8 have great location, U and V are kinda okay, and X is certainly out.

Hello,

In my consideration, I have thought to take choice to tell that phase 7 is a huge phase as comparing to phase 8 and if I am not wrong there would be beneficial if one is to see a greater growth. Although I would have said phase 8.

Thanks to all for the replies. I have one more question.

Looking at past 1-2 years, the prices have been decreasing. How do you predict prices for next 1-5 years?

Dear Isloo1,

Please also advise your opinion about t,U,W sections of phase 7?

Please also advise about history of section Y? how prices have been in last three years? Thanks. Sorry for so many questions.

Dear Asim, my advice would be to plz come down yourself, visit locations and consult any dealer of your choice. I am sure you will find a good deal.

You can not decide by sitting outside and taking opinions on zameen forum.

This is the high time to buy.

Dear All,

thanks for your advise. I just visited these sectors myself.

1. Am I correct that prices are further down in Y section or Phase 7? In last 6 months, prices decreased further. Even 1k is available for 92?

2. Please advise how you project prices in next 1-2 years?

I fer prices will go further down so I did not buy and decided to wait more

Also advise on sector M, which is very ner to ring road?

There was no house in this sector, though prices are high : 10 marla for 120

I could not understand why there is no house there

Please advise

@Asim

Right now market is at downward trajectory. It started after this budget when govt introduced new taxes on real state transactions. There is none to very little buying going on in Lahore. Even genuine buyers are waiting to see how the situation transcends. Now with possible war with india, situation is uncertain.

If you are only looking for DHA, DHA phase 6 N block is most affordable in developed areas. After that T Block of Phase 7.

@FlySaad thanks for your reply.

I need to buy plot and I am waiting with cash ( in USD ) in hands. As I see prices are continuously decreasing since long time( this is my observation which could be wrong).

I infer that I need to wait a year more. I expect prices to decrease a year more. Please advise your thoughts on this.

@FlySaad Phase6 Block N is out of my range. Please advise on section M pf Phae 5

@Asim

Phase 5 Bock M is also new. I think Possession was given last year. By comparison Block M is located at a better place then phase 6 and 7. But it is expensive then phase 7 even though there are no house yet.

You should know that only areas which are not developed or partially developed were impacted due to this new budget. As prices in these areas were maintained by investors.

you shouldn't wait for full year, just wait till December and buy the property.

Also follow cases of Paragon city, bahria town and other housing societies currently pending in courts or nab. Judgement against them will hopefully further lower the prices of plots.

P.S. Read the article in Dawn regarding bahria town karachi.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1503689/bahria-town-others-greed-unbound

Thanks FlySaad