Comparison Of Wapda Town And Gulshan-e-sehat Islamabad

Dear experts and members,

I am comparing these 2 societies - listed some of the points of both.

Quality of development: Wapda Town is a winner here - but Gulshan-e-Sehat is developed very well too. Better than AWT or what I have seen of ministry of commerce. Looked better to me than even ECHS.

Current ease of access: In terms of distance and convenience Gulshan-e-Sehat is a winner here. It has 2 connections to Fateh Jang road - and from both connections the distance from gate to Motorway Interchange is 2 km. Wapda Town at the moment is a bit inconvenient to access. Some 3 or 3.5 km from GT road.

Future ease of access: Probably Wapda Town weights more here. With 3.5 km to GT road - and connection road to AWT via sector D - access seems more convenient. Will benefit from Margalla Avenue more as well. Gulshan-e-Sehat may get a connection to cabinet in future which will provide it access to GT road - and it also has a connection to AWT Interchange as well - via Paswal road.

Current state of development: Gas, sewerage, electricity is available in Gulshan-e-Sehat and that makes it win this category. In fact there is roughly 25 houses with people living in there and around 10 new under construction. Wapda Town on the other hand don't have gas connection yet - sewerage and electricity is available in developed blocks. They have offered possession in Wapda Town - and probably we will see some construction in future.

Distance from Islamabad: Comparing motorway access (current for E18) and future for Wapda Town - E18 wins - it is closer to Islamabad.

Value: A good possession 50x90 plot in block B or C costs around 25-28. A very good possession 60x90 plot in E18 costs around 28-30 (60 feet or boulevard). At this point in time E18 is more liveable and probably offers more for the money - considering it already has gas, people living, lesser distance and a motorway connection (albeit indirect travel of 2 km).

Let me know what you guys think of these.

Both are outside ICT, but if Wapda Town gets connection to Sangjani interchange and then sometime in the future Margalla Avenue gets connected to Sangjani Interchange as some people are saying, then Wapda Town will be a clear winner.

Also Wapda Town is a very big brand. I would go for Wapda Town.

Dear PK1 thank you for your response. Yes Wapda town is a big brand if we look at their performance in other cities.

What it lacks today is Gas and a decent access. Hopefully the access will improve after link road to AWT and interchange opening.

E18 on the other hand seems ahead in terms of Gas availability and 25 odd houses - as well as distance. E18 is more liveable today - but I understand your point about future prospects.

Both the societies are good from investment point of view. However w.r.t living (at this stage) e18 is preferred. 10 marla plot is even cheaper in Wapda town than the 7 marla of e18. The access to Wapda town will become better once the interchange is opened. The access road from D block of Wapda town to AWT interchange is under construction and will be completed soon.

Yasir Sb thanks for your reply. Yes I agree E-18 is at the moment ahead and more liveable. The price of 1 kanal is also cheaper in Wapda town compared to same in E-18. But after the motorway access - Wapda town may get some appreciation.

E-18 is placed in middle of the 2 interchanges. Fateh Jang and Sang Jani - so will benefit from both but one can argue that it is not as convenient as getting to motorway just by traveling inside housing society (Wapda Town -> AWT -> Motorway)

Just found out that there are NOC issues with WAPDA town - it was previously from Taxila and now with RDA - but not approved yet. Also a crappy Associate membership affidavit to sign when buying a plot which literally deprives you of any rights as a member to contribute or even attend society meeting - even no voting power in elections.

Looking at these issues - until these are resolved IMO E-18 in comparison seems better.

I will suggest anyone interested in knowing more about Gulshan-e-Sehat E-18 to actually plan a trip to the society. It did give me a pleasant surprise - with the number of houses + people living there and ease of access + availability of gas - 22 minutes from my place in G-10 Isb (via motorway fateh jang interchange).

@Pk1

Do you think investing in Wapda town is good for 1-2 yrs?

What sort of NOC is got?

Thank you,

Dr Musi - Wapda town has submitted for an NOC from RDA but have not received it. That is my understanding. They expect to get it approved soon (the society office).

Thanks,

any more member pls?

I am getting offers of around 11 lak for 10 marla plot.

Also, in installment plan is: 7.5 cash, and then rest on installment.

Any alternative to invest around 10 lak?

Many Thanks

Aoa,

Any thoughts according to current situation. This seems a good thread dont want to start a new one