D-18 (Engineering) Or (AWT) Or Wapda Town - Better?

Dear colleagues,

What are the pros and cons of D-18 (Engineering) versus AWT versus WAPDA?

Which has better potential? And why?

In D-18 people have already started living there, not in AWT or WAPDA. In AWT and WAPDA much of selling is going on, but in D-18 you’ll not see people selling their plots. This is what I have observed on this zameen.com

Well, let me try to give a more specific (though lengthy) response to that question. The 3 societies that you have mentioned are spread over a large area and would cover at least 3 different sectors. People investing in this particular area are actually buying on the Sangjani Interchange project, so the question is which of these can give a better return through this project. Here’s my analysis:

ECHS: Pros: The Society has reasonable development standards, although a small part of it is still under development and that part also has some legal issues. However, in the rest of the society, possession has been given, house construction is underway, and there are around 30 houses already inhabited by families while more are under construction. Most of the plots are 600 sq.yds. And is located in a quite area.

Cons: Despite all the development and house construction, prices have remained quite low. The reason is that it has no direct access to any main road. For GT road, you have to cross the entire D-17, and there is no decent approach to the AWT society, where the interchange is being built. The security arrangements are virtually non-existent. So I would consider it to be a potential investment for the medium term, if they can find a way to link up with any main exit road.

Wapda Town: Pros: Good development, partly still underway. Cons: Poor road access through a congested market area, no population worth mentioning, no security yet. As an investment, it might not pay back much for at least the next 4-5 years.

AWT:

Pros: Owned by a very strong stakeholder, its emerged as a dark horse winning the race for infrastructure development in Zone 2. While other major projects in this zone have recently suffered setbacks, the Sangjani Interchange project is very much on track for opening in 2 months InshAllah, plus the widening of paswal road to GT road has almost been completed. The interchange project is located in the heart of the society, making it possibly the only society to have its own interchange on the main motorway. Society development is complete with all facilities (water, gas, electricity) available and full possession. It is Completely surrounded by a boundry wall and security is provided by Askari Guards. AWT seems to have some good plans in the works to get this society populated. Prices are already showing an upward trend.

Cons: There is virtually no house construction yet (only 2 or 3 houses) due to the current poor access. The electrification system is external. People projecting it to be like a future defence are wrong, its more likely to be like a cantt, with military facilities on the south side.

Verdict: If making a quick and decent return is your objective, in this area, AWT will serve your purpose best InshAllah. The key is to get a good location plot. That’s my opinion, others may add or disagree, to my analysis.

Syed Amjad Sb,

Great work done, thumbs up, we are glad to have members like you, who can spare precious time to help other members. May ALLAH S.W.T reward and bless you with health and prosperity.

Regards

Shah sahab we appreciate your very valuable insight. Thanks.

By the way, I notice that in your view D block is the best one.

What about A block which is in the main Zone 2 area and not after crossing the Motorway? What are your views about A block in comparison to other blocks?

Http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/islamabad/20-Sep-2013/242429

latest news requires further clarification from seniors

Dear H--T::::

This is Pakistan and these things will continue as such, until some massive changes are made, nothing will change. This committee has not power and authority. There is no problem with water as the water will be provided from the near by dam. Don't worry. This project can not be simply scrapped.

Regards

Thanks Mr. Khan

Thankyou Ihsan sb for your kind words and I wish the same for you! I also agree with your view that the naysayers will remain till the airport is inaugurated, but the project will continue.

Pk1 you are always welcome. Regarding your query on A block, I think it is also good for investment. There are some factors to keep in mind though. I will try to explain both options in the same format.

A Block Pros: It has a good location although, strictly speaking, it is Not in Zone 2 either. The main gate of AWT society is through A block, which is located on the recently widened Paswal road, which leads more or less directly to the GT road at a distance of about 1.5 kms and connects almost just opposite to the point where the Margalla avenue meets the GT road (You can see this on google maps). There was a news report that the Margalla avenue might be linked to this road later to provide a direct access from the motorway as well, in the second phase. In addition, one of the loops for the interchange (for traffic coming from Peshawar & going to Isb) is also in this block. So the prices have shown a healthy trend.

Cons: A block is the oldest block so a little down in terms of the development quality and you will feel the difference when you visit the society. The ground level is uneven, it is right adjacent to an abadi, although there is a boundry wall. Furthermore, there are only kanal plots in A block. There was a small commercial area here but I think its probably been eaten up by the interchange loop (not confirmed). After the interchange opens, this block might also see more traffic issues, as all vehicles coming to and from the interchange will go through this block.

D Block

Pros: It is located at a height but levelled area. After exiting from the motorway through the interchange, D block is immediately accessible. It’s the only block which has 10 marla plots on the boulevard as well, in addition to kanal plots (Well C block has some too but in a depression). There is a large commercial area within D block and the main commercial area of the society is right next to it also, as are the society office and community center. In the future, D block is expected to lead in house construction as the number of people who have already taken on-site possession are highest in this block. Consequently, D block is also currently the most expensive block in the society.

Cons: To access the GT road, one has to cross over to the opposite side of the society. There are a few village houses located just outside the society behind this block. The land just near the boundrywall in some places is not of good quality for constructions, its kind of loose sand, though the rest of the block is perfectly fine.

Verdict: Overall, I think both A and D blocks have good future prospects from an investment point of view. If you are looking for 10 marla plots, A block is not an option. For a kanal plot, I would marginally prefer D block also, because of its proximity to key areas within the society. But I don’t see any harm in investing in A block either, as I think it will also do well InshAllah.

Very useful information Shah sb. Thanks.

You are always welcome Pk1.

I have kanal plot in AWT Block A. I infact wanted to get rid of it. Can some body inform me about now days rates in AWT Block A i kanal.

Thanks.

Dear a.o.a

i think awt is the best choice among those which you are disscussed and why because motorway interchange built in this society and 60% work is completed

Ibrahim bhai - what is your opinion? Which is best for 5-6 years investment - (i) AWT, (ii) Engineering D-18 (iii) WAPDA Town (iv)F-16 jkchs

?

@Waseem. Are you sure its 60% ? That would mean atleast one of the interchange loops would be ready and the project might even be opened in late November. Can you please confirm that. Thanks.

Sir i will go for option no 2 and 4 though option 4 is a bit risky as there is no development work there but 5 to 6 years is a very long time frame and there is a good chance that development will begin in f 16. D 18 is location wise better then wapda town and awt even development standards are better families are living there and connected to a developed sector d 17 location is top priority for investment plus another v imp point is those sectors which are connected to a populated sector increase prices quickly.

Sir, AWT has good short term future although long term will depend upon the airport functioning well.

Yes, I have seen that one loop is almost ready towards AWT A-Block side.

They are hopeful to be opening this by Feb/ March next year.

In my opinion opening of interchange will have a positive impact on prices.

Regards

Thankyou Mr Khan for that very useful update. I also completely agree with your view that for the short term, AWT is the best pick in these list of options, although Pk1 has made the equation a little more complex by extending the investment horizon to 5-6 years. That’s a long time in property business, and many active investors would buy then sell as many as 3-4 plots during this time and circulate their money.

I think while property prices generally keep rising steadily over time, there are normally 3 to 4 stages where prices can take big jumps. These are: 1. When actual development starts in an announced scheme. 2. When possession is given after development. 3. When house construction starts in the scheme 4. Any other major infrastructure project relevant to a scheme is completed e.g. Supply of gas, or a new approach road etc.

When considering an investment for 5-6 years, one may opt for an area/scheme which still has to pass through most of these stages, depending on your risk appetite. So for the long term F-16 seems to be the most attractive as it still has to go through all 4 steps, so potentially high rewards, but a high risk also.

However, in the short-term I would go for AWT because it still has to go through steps No. 3 and 4 which is about to start happening in the next 2-3 months. On the other hand, ECHS is already at No.3, and there are no signs of any No. 4 in the foreseeable future.

Aoa.

Can any of you senior members tell us about wapda town its been dead for last 4 to 5 years but now the price has jumped 3 times to what they were in feb2013..any reasons for that??

what i have been told that some sanjani interchange is being build (completion in jan 2014 confirmed) and possession of b and c block has been given....

Kindly any one with better output can share with us.

Thanks

Sir for WAPDA town major reason is Interchange and also to some extent the Air Port.

Regards