DHA Rahbar Vs Lake City

Dear fellows:

* I want to make a long term investment (3-10 years).
* A plot in Lahore.
* My budget is Rs. 15 lac.
* I can stretch it up to 20 lac.
* considering two projects: DHA Rahbar Phase 2 or Lake City.
Which project is better from appreciation/long term benefit point of view?
I guess both are equally secure!

Need early expert guidance/advise, please.

Lake city is much better

Avoide lake , go for rahber

@ Shehzad! Why Lake City and not DHA Rahbar?

@ Asad! Why DHA Rahbar and not Lake City?

Regards.

Rahbar is a good project but the prices are at higher side if the plot is available on ground. Main advantage is its location. My advice is to go for Bahria Orchard. It will be a far better project in 5 years. Prices are between 14 -20 lac.

This project contains all the necessities of life e.g. Cinema, school, parks, sports complex and commercial markets.

Secondly as compared to these societies Bahria support dealers & agents to for better reselling. Turnover rate of client is much higher in Bahria as compared to these 2.

At least consider this option before taking any decision.

Lake city has no comparison with these societies.

This rate is for 5 Marla plots.

While i can help you find 8 Marla plots even in your range.

Regards

Moazzam Khan

0300-8446790

Bahria orchard is not LDA approved. The LDA official web site says that even the Sectors D,E and F of Bahria Town are not LDA approved and are illegal. So do your research first before investing there.

Please dont go for lake city.

You might find the current prices in Lake City low but they will remain low for long long long time.

I bought 2 plots in Lake City - 12 marla each for 26 lakh (5 years ago) and I sold one plot last week for 28 lakh.

Better go for DHA Rahber or DHA Phase 9 (5 marla file).

I hope you can learn from my experience.

ITS funny i bought i kanal plot in lake city 3 years ago for 38 lac now it ranges from 65 to 70…

Dear Change,

Where did you buy plot? Pls let me know I am in the same position as you.

Lake City is bound to rise. In a next 1-2 years courtesy ongoing Alternate Route Road and possible LRR-SL... DHA Rahber is already much highly priced. Though its DHA brand... But if someone can visit DHA Rahber-1. Its streets are crappily narrow. Dont know about Rahber-2 though... But it will take some time to shape up and its possession seems far...

Orchard has LDA approval and the distance issues. After LRR, Orchard gate will still remain 6-7 kms from Adda Interchange. And the deeper you go inside orchard the more distant it will be...

So from all these options LAke City is better

Dear Change,

Though DHA Rahber is the good option. Due to available facilities , new Defense road construction, Alternative Raiwaned road is also passing near etc. Prices are already very high in Rahber ,still have potential to increase. Point is this, your budget is low to get plot in good location.

May be in this budget you will get plot near Hyudiara drain (Gunda Nalla). So, dont purchase plot near Dain.

1st visit the society and recognize the location of plot and see the distance from Hyudiara drain (Gunda Nalla). Then take decision.

Zahid Rashid.

Many thanks guys, much appreciated.

To Shoaib,

I got your point but the development is slow. Its been 10 years since Lake City launched but only few houses built. I wanted to move in for my living purpose but society doesnt look fit for living. Pls comment

Zahid thanks for your input. What would you suggest about Halloki Garden? and finally what distance would you recommend to have house from drain? I appreciate your response.

And if you dont mind will you both please recommend any other society for 5 marla plot within 22 lakh price range.

A dealer recommended me P&D File for 7 lakh and DHA City 5 marla file for 10 lakh. DHA city is in mess and P&D (location after new Lahore city) seems to take 10 years to give possession.

Many thanks for your input and have a great day ahead.

Ali Azmat

Dear ALi Azmat,

This will not be the case with Lake City for the next 3-4 years. As the prime factor would be properly addressed in coming future which was not in last 10 years i.e. Approach and accessibility issues from within the city.

Its development standard is very good... And there are 100s of houses in it and ppl are living in it. IF you compare it with DHA Rahber-1, there is not much of a difference in terms of saturation

Thank you Shoaib. Do I have any other option in vicinity?

Check Fazaia-2 as well… Its a potential one. But will ready for living before 5-6 yrs i guess.

**will not be ready**

Many thanks for your time Shoaib. Just last question is Central Park any good?

No good idea about Central PArk. But it has been really slow gainer since last 10 years. It was never among top list of Lahore investors..

I prefer this southern side... And esp during the tenure of this current govt (in next2.5 yrs) this area will definitely rise in terms of infra

Many thanks bruv

On raiwand side bahria orchard gotalot potential, if someone have low budget want to buy bigger size plot go for awt phase 2, central park is good option but possession blocks. Central park management focusing more now on society 2, 3 years its gonna double the current prices.