Expatriate looking to buy plot for making home

Respected readers/members
I am an expatriate planning to return to pakistan after few years of hard working overseas and plan to buy a plot near islamabad for making my house.
I have done some homework and visited some places and in my budget of 50 lacs wanted to buy some plot in bahria phase 8 or enclave but i fell into hands of some greedy dealers and failed..
I do read zammen.Com forum sometimes and i believe there are still some kind people who give honest guidance and advise. Unfortunately prices are so high that after so much hard work the good places still appear out of our reach.
Any guidance on which place in phase 8 or enclave is better for living in next 2-3 years will be appreciated.
I must apologize before hand to dealers that i want to make an honest deal and do not want to be manipulated in any way.
Any ideas and help will be highly appreciated. May allah be kind and bless you all. Thanks

AOA

mr Ali i am in the same boat with almost similar budget and time frame for living purpose. I did my basic survey for DHA phase 5 , bharia phase 8 and naval anchorage on basis for land quality facility and approach price liveability in three years my findings are

NA land +++, approach++. Facility+ price ++, liveability ++

DHA land ++ approach ++, facility ++, price+, liveability ?

Bharia land +, approach +++(Rwp)+(Ibd), facilities +++, liveabiity+++, price +++

Ali,

Do your own research before buying. Please don't listen to so called experts and gurus, most have no idea what they are talking about. If they have a plot of their own in a society, it is their only recommended place to buy, no matter how crap that place is.

Don't rush and take no pressure. Give yourself maximum time. Visit as many places as you can.

Best of luck brother.

Dear ALI,

I agree with Muhammad that don't listen to so called experts and gurus.

Visit yourself with your family and ask people who living around then decide.I think in 5M 10 marla Bahria phase-8 E and F-1 is good option.

Regards

@Nadeem Ahmad

@Muhammad

@Mohammad

Thanks a lot for the replies. I have visited Few Phase 8 areas and they do look nice and have close proximity to most utilities, markets etc and some areas in Overseas sector have good scenic views also, but I am having difficulty finding a seller. I know it has to be through dealer and one or two dealers from Seller are fine because after all this is their job to earn 1% from the deal but too many dealers with no direct contact with seller is what bothers me...

I wish I can find a plot owner through this website who really wants to make a honest deal.

DHA 5 seems like a good option but not in my time frame as it will still take few years to Develop.

I have never visited Naval Anchorage and plan to visit it in my next trip. Although I have an idea of it being farther away than even Gulberg Housing.

I know this Topic has been discussed many times before but people like myself with their hard earned life saving are bit confused and do not have too time or experience about such dealings and therefore looking for some guidance and help...

Thanks and stay blessed!

Does anyone have any idea about what kind of prices are there in F1 Bahria Phase 8 and how to buy a plot there in a safe way?

Thanks very much for the replies.

i am planning to visit Bahria Phase 8 F and E Blocks in 1st week of April and hopefully find some genuine seller, although I have no idea on where to start. Should I be visiting property dealers offices in the area or place ads that I need a plot in certain area?? Any contribution from Forum readers please..

F1 block in Bahria phase 8 is a good option,according to one of my friends who has a plot in F1. A very good plot shouldn't be more than 5 million in F1.

Please don't mention to dealers that you have foreign earned money. In my opinion, it increases the chances of an unfair deal.

Wish you good luck!

@ALI Dear Ali, you are saying you want an honest deal, brother! I wish you have an honest deal, but to be honest, it's very hard to have honest deal with the dealers.

I have faced below problems with dealers while sale purchase of my property.

01) TOKA, means if you offer 30 lakh, they will forward to seller that offer is 31lakh or 32 lakh, and till transfer they are not showing who is seller and try to save that 1 to 2 lakh plus their commission.

02) If you will say you want to see the seller first, they will not let you meet with the seller giving you different sort of excuses jeee wo party kisi aur ki hai, seller kisi aur city ka hai etc etc. If you insist that you have to meet the seller first, then we will not make your deal final by simply saying seller refuse to accept your offer and he is not available.

03) If you are lucky to have an honest deal, their next game is to lie with you in terms of paying taxes or society fee on your behalf, by not giving you all receipts and information properly.

I am personal victims of these two things in almost every deal i have made in past (3 to 4 deals), its so hard to deal with these dealers game specially if you are shareef aadmi. No matter how much knowledge you have still they find out ways to get extra money from you.

So be careful, I wish you best of luck.

In terms of new house, first advise which one is your required area and where are you planning to have your future job or business, where your other family friends / relatives are living, schooling area for kids etc then advise us which area is suitable for you like Zone 5, Zone 2 or Zone 4. We will try to short list few societies for you.

F-1 10 marla prices 4M to 6.5M depend on location and category.Good and height location plots not less than 5M.

Regards

Overseas Block is quite good for residential purpose.

H Block has also started picking up and house construction are on the go.

F-1 is also a good choice.

For investment; Block A has good potential.

Thanks Mr. Muhammad, Mr. Nadeem and Asad Saheb

I am just worried about how to find a plot with good Location and view and possibly some extra land in the back that can be added to plot.

Unfortunately it's not like just buying something off the shelf.. One has to go through dealers and that part is sometimes not very fair.

If any potential seller is known to you, or reading this message, kindly contact me please. Thanks very much.

Nothing to worry. Just go through the site your self. Phase VIII is developing progressively and its outlook is changing day by day.

You may contact me once you make up your mind.

Safari Valley and F-1 have a some advantages of more populated,commercial activities,many mini markets in all sectors,Rainbow Cash And Carry,Hospital,pharmacy,all branches of banks and AQ Khan school.F-1 is first block after safari valley with all 50ft,80ft and 200ft wide MR expressway.Everybody like to live nearby above facilities.

Regards

Dear All, Its true that if you have too many choices you get confused. I am doing construction in bahria phase 8 for last 10 years even in overseas manage my time inside outside of country.

First don't trust anyone make your own judgment based on your own needs. DHA 2 should be first choice but its out of your budget. 2nd best is BT phase 8 which you can buy plots within 50 lac. Following are choices within your budget.
bahria phase 8: Sector F1 , E , Overseas 2, overseas 3 , A,B,C and back sectors.
All places above are nearby each other and you can make a choice urself.
Secondly choose good property dealer (go to one or two dealers as in the market same plots are circulating) and visit the places with them and finalize 2 or 3 plots with priority.
Please let me know if i can help you.

Dua ka Talbgaar
Abbasi

How is Bahria Phase 8 Block G for investment and Living.Keeping in view its proximity to Umar block Safari Valley .

G is good for investment but for living take time less populated.Two to three house under construction in whole block in my last visit.

Regards

Thanks for very informative replies.

But if F1 block has so much commercial activities like Banks, Hospital, shops, schools etc,it might get very congested in coming years and as I still have to visit this Block I don't know if it will be very suitable for living...

Having seen the Overseas sector 3, 5 and 7, they appear more suitable for living but does anyone know how is the actual land condition in these sectors? Are they solid lands or filled and weak land where lot of money has to be spent in Foundation work?

Ali you are imagining the wrong picture schools and comercials are near bahria head office. First go and vsit the area.

There are soil issues but the quick way to check the soil condition is when you are visiting the plot ask the person in nearby house. that how was the foundation of the house. Like overseas 3 750 series houses are very solid last month i have bought one plot there.

Dear ALI,
But if?With these two first words in your reply,you can't achieve your goals.E and F-1 is close to safari valley and Hub commercial and Bahria hospital and other hand Rafi commercial.
Go and visit there before say IF and BUT.Without visit you can't take any step except IF and BUT.
Regards