Going all in - investment horizon 2-3 years

Salam all,

Out of the box decisions are often required to do well. We will get roughly rs. 65 million payment from the sale of our house in next 2-3 months. This was a big decision as we do not really hold much of other property. My goal is to invest it all to maximize returns over 2-3 year span.

I have done some research on the following. Please feel free to add more options.

1) dha phase ii extension islamabad

Dha phase 2 plots (m/n blocks) trade roughly at 1 crore whereas the phase ii extension files trade at 27 to 28 lacs for kanal. What's the status of its development? Can the prices be expected to converge to more developed blocks in next 2-3 years?

2) dha prism phase 9 lahore

1 kanal files trade at rs. 60 lac. Good idea?

3) commercial plots?

I'm very open to commercial plot options in lahore/islamabad. Please discuss.

All in all, the goal is to get good returns while playing it safe. Please feel free to add your suggestions.

DHA-2 Extension is not developed. DHA-2 developed is much more expensive but you can try for 10 Marla.

In Lahore, I would suggest Bahria Orchards. In this budget you can get two 8 Marla developed plots.

In Islamabad you can get one kanal developed in Multi Garden Block C fully developed.

Dear Pardesi,

How you see prospects of Bahria Orchards in Lahore, if LRR-SL to be delayed indefinitely. Will that location without LRR will be worth it for investment for now ?

I am mentioning because everyone here is now talking about LRR-SL being postponed for now

@ pardesi..sir he has 65 million with him...

@ ahmed..sir buy a pair plot in dha 2 isb 1 kanal and go for a good dha commercial in dha lahore.

Yes Saadi, I will have at least 65 million to invest soon insha'Allah.

For commercial, which phase of DHA Lahore do you recommend?

I am also inclined toward DHA phase 9 prism files.

Bahria Karachi also looks good at the moment.

Please feel free to recommend.

Hi, My advice is to play safe. Just only go for DHA. I invested in DHA plots in Islamabad almost 3 years back and now its prices are more then double.

In addtion to 1-2 residential plots, try In sector M DHA 2, will cost you almost 1.75 cror but it is nice place to invest. Few of the plots in Sector M are purchased by Savour foods.

Decision is yours but from practice i have learned that only buy a confirm plot, where you can touch your feet, and buy only in DHA.

@ ahmed let me try to tell you everything in detail..First of all you have sold your possessionable prime location property and you have to invest its money so make it a rule of thumb that never ever invest in files if you have money to buy a possessionable plot..Files business is volatile and can make you either a billionaire or nothing in a matter of few days..Regarding the safety of investment two areas in islamabad are prime.

1-CDA sectors

2-DHA

Upper class cda sectors are expensive with less capital appreciation because they are already too much expensive. Dha on the other hand is passing through development phase and offers good capital appreciation on capital but again never ever invest in files if you have budget.I endorse aftab sb that buy an on ground plot. Forget about bahria khi or dha phase 2 ext type volatile long term investments.Focus on proper dha 2 residential plots and IA they are goin to give good returns on your investment. Buy a pair plot in A to M blocks and invest rest of the aount in dha lahore good location commercial.

Saadi Sb, good advice, I like the honesty that you showed. What is the status of 5 marla in N block? Are they files? When will they get possession and are they safe for investment?? Don’t you think the rates are a bit on the high side without possession??

Sir those are not the files.They are expected to be merged in Q block…Rates to boss high hi hain ajkal…Ajkal sirf insaan sasta hai baaki sabb mehanga hai =)…

I understand the volatility and absolute unreliability of bahria files and one should of course stay away from them. The possession areas in bahria may not be as attractive either in some people's opinion too, but they didn't come up in the discussion at all, at any level of priority, any particular reason? How about bahria commercial properties with possession, his budget can buy a handsome property, what do the experts think?

Ahmed sb, it is better to avoid files, if you can... They have risk, but good return is also expected.

DHA Isld is safe option with good return expected in 2 to 3 years time frame.

It would be better to diversify your investment.

Bahria Enclave may also be considered for investment on ground possession plots... You can go for one 10 marla plots in Sector C1 and One Kanal Plots in Sector C.

Park Enclave I, CDA is also not a bad option, where the possession is being given in the near future.... You can invest around 21 Million there as well...

Regards

Khan sb. What is the rate of 10 marla and 5 marla Possession plots in bahria enclave ? Which block.

Add to Shoaib Sb question: What about NOC of Bahria Enclave?? I think they dont have NOC? Can we start construction of homes in BE?

Junaid Sb:

BE does not have NOC from CDA at the moment. People are already living in BE. Construction of homes is going on in Sector A mainly.

Shoaib sb,

10 marla ranges from 6.5 to 9 Million with possession.

5 Marla with possession is 2.7 to 3.3 Million.

Regards

Khan sb, as recommended by you, Park enclave has a lot of potential. Park Enclave II is around 17.5 million which is about the same as a good location 1 Kanal plot in Bahria Enclave. However, Park enclave has much better location and is trouble fee (no legal issues).

What's your view on I-11 and I-12?

But if BE has no NOC, isn’t that risky? I know some societies in E-11 too don’t have NOC but people are living. What if CDA creates problems in the future? Like Ghauri Town?

If you take my advise, Buy following with 65 million

1. CDA Park Enclave 2 (Kanal plot ~ 20 M)

2. DHA Islamabad commercial plot (4 Marla ~ 20-25 M)

3. DHA Prism Lahore residential plot (7-8 M)

4. DHA Peshawar/DHA Multan/I-14/I-16 (Rest of your amount)

If I were you, I would invest 60% in commercial(preferably DHA Lahore), 20% in possessionable plot(DHA Islamabad) and 10% in files( DHA Multan).

Your 90% would have gradual healthy growth with no risk. But your 10% with some risk will have ample upside potential.

65 million is a good amount to invest. I strongly advise you to spread your investment.

-Go for a commercial plot but do it in a place which is ripe for construction such as DHA2 KLMN or B17BC. I would say don't put more than 30 million in commercial. In case you are left with some money, put it in booking shops/apartments which are under construction by reputed builders.

-Get a possession plot 30x60 in D-12.

-Get a possession 1 kanal plot in DHA 2 KLMN.

-Get a small plot in I-12 and B17CE.

I am sure this will give you good returns if not double them in 2-3 years. By the way, if you are thinking of living on rent and waiting for investments to ripe, don't make that mistake, get a small 10 marla home in DHA2 so that you have a house and invest the rest.