I-16/4 plot

Dear respected members,
I purchased a plot in i-16/4 on the recommendation of respected group members a year ago, now after one year the price of the plot is still same what i bought a year ago. Could you please guide me that is it wise to keep the plot or should i sell it right now.( i am an overseas pakistani)

Best regards,

Malik sb, here is my take, rest other valuable members can also add.

- Jun 2018 to Jun 2019: 16/4 has seen slow growth, on average about 5.5% growth. However, a phone call based enquiry with dealers will be highly misleading. They wanna sell, its Gold, they wanna purchase its Coal. In early 2018 (in less then 6 months), prices did appreciate about 35%. Now its a different story. Slow and stagnant but there has been about 5% +/- change in prices.

- Just visit the Capital CDA's proper most desired developing sectors as of now are D-12, E-12, I-12/14/15/16.

- See around any good society in RWP/ISB, Possession, Developed, Ready to Construct Plots are safest options and whether its Enclave, Phase 8, DHA, etc. all got very slow post Jul 2018. One of the exception is Gulberg Residencia. However, only limited blocks have possession, rest people waiting for ages!

- In History, we have never seen any proper developing CDA sector to not get double valued at-least if the holding power is in the range of +/- 5 to 7 years. However, now with uncertainty, nothing for sure

- I-16 is not the last and best of the options, however, market is slow, possession, ready to build plots carry 0 risk but appreciate slow. However, check the comparison, Enclave with 5 marla touching 5 million +/- donot have SUI Gas. Where in I-16, Gas, Electricity, Sewrage available even if very low construction activity and no worry of any fillings.

-------------

In short, if that is for investment, I would suggest to hold, if you like to make a house soon enough then I would say if by Post December no meaningful change good to go to Enclave or Residencia. Not that they are flying high but in terms of personal residence, they are decades ahead of I-16.

Paaji Tussi great o :slight_smile: the purchase was pure investment purpose. My only worry was if the price did appreciate thn there is no need to hold it but you have clearly mentioned that there was an appreciation in the price so i dont think it is wise to sell the plot. I can hold it for longer period of time.

Whar are chances of price depreciation in Gulberg? At present its which block is good in terms of location and non-filled.?

I think Imtiaz made some very good points. The construction activity in I-16 is very slow but it is happening. Plus the connecting roads are getting maintained after sometime as well. I recently visited and saw few more houses getting developed. Once the huge apartment buildings are near to completion (1-1.5 years more), we will see sudden spike in activity in that sector. Plus initial construction of houses is always slow as people are waiting for others to take the lead and once sizable population is there, we always witness sudden spike. In 55-70 lakh you get a good 8 Marla plot which isnt the case even in the near by I-14. Forget about other sectors where prices are much higher. So I-16 is a gold mine subject to a bit of time and overall economic activity picking up in country.

Lastly, i must give disclaimer that i have also invested in it for appreciation but i have 4-5 years time horizon for my investment to mature.

Agreed:

- PHA Apartments possession will boost it.

Also:

- Possessions given so construction in adjacent societies like CBR-2, UpCountry, FOECHS, Taj Residencia will give it a boost.

- Most in I-16 are considered as end buyers (willing to construct) but no commercial and less construction makes them skeptical. One reason is I-16 comes after travelling through I-15 that is undeveloped and like a jungle. This week CDA has floated Pre-qualification tenders for Infrastructure development of I-15 in 4 subsectors (15/1 to 15/4). As soon as development work starts there, that will give a significant boost to I-16.

CDA AD: https://ibb.co/h9GfCDS

If you can hold it for at least 2 more years than you will surely get better profit.