Investement for overseas pakistanis in islamabad

I am overseas pakistani and looking for advise/ suggestion about investing 5-6 million in islamabad .

Dear brother,

In 5 to 6 million budget, you may consider the following options:

1. I-14 CDA Sector 5M/7M with Possession

2. BAHRIA ENVLAVE 5M with Possessison

3. I-15 CDA Sector 7M Non Possession

4. I-12 CDA Sector 5M/7M Non Possession

5. DHA3 / Bahria Garden City area 5M Possesion

6. Gulberg Residencia

I-14 location is very handy and lot of construction activity is happening all over in that belt.

Positives about I-14 sector: 

It's a CDA tagged property and will see gradual guaranteed appreciation. CDA have already keep aside a good budget for sanitation this week.

CDA had made a payment to SNGPL for provision of gas in remaining areas where it is not yet provided.

Better access to Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Kashmir highway access is also underway from I-16 as well.

Negatives:

Poor Infrastructure at the moment but will improve with time.

BAHRIA ENCLAVE:

Only go for possession area block H,I,N,B2 is good. Do not go for non possession area. It will jump gradually with time. CDA NOC is in progress, Sui gas provision will boost the prices to some extent in future. It is beautiful place and less commute time to CBD as compared to DHA and Bahria Rwp.

I-15 and I-12:

PC-1 for both has been approved. I-15 Development sounds very near and news is hot that some thing will start by this year. Tender is published for I-15.

I-12 tender will be published in near future as well.

I-15 is bit fast than I-12 as tender stage is done for I-15 but not for I-12.

I-12 location is attractive and no comparison with I-15. In short in 2 to 3 years both sector will get in shape in sha Allah.

DHA3 / GC location is better than Phase 8 and there is fair chance that this area will appreciate with time.

Gulberg enjoys the good location but Development pace is slow plus it have village areas in patches. It will be a good investment as well in future provided you take a possession area plot with non village area nearby.

Allah knows the best I am just making the statement considering the ground realities.

Cheers,
KJ

Khalid sb has rightly pointed out all relevant options with comprehensive details. It will be unjust to not acknowledge his effort with a massive thanks!

However, fundamental question: is this the right time for overseas (supposedly holding USDs or a pegged currency) to cash that and park into real estate?

- Proceedings are slow, taxes getting higher and fiscal year closing with PKR value not sure. Better window for next round of investment (I believe) is Jul to Feb/Mar (depending on economic situation and PKR value).

Excellent analysis by khalid sb. I think its a right time to enter in these sectors couz after 2 or 3 years you won’t be able to get a good location plot in 5-6 million budget.

The point here is foreign currency saving. For PKR saving sure, if inflation rises or PKR dips purchasing power in PKR will be depreciated.

On the flip side, if PKR looses further (hope not) or inflation rises in then with X Dollar/EUR/etc. one would be able to purchase more.

Cash to plot investment incurs extra (min 2%, max 4%) + Transfer Fee on purchase.

The equation is a simple comparison of let's say

USD vs PAK Real Estate investment ...

Thanks Imtiaz bhai for the appreciation, we are your students :slight_smile:

Sir, we are all peers, trying to help each other in a community-driven mutual interests.

Keep up the good work & enlightening us with your insights and actually effort-intensive posts with much needed details ... :)

Dear senior members ( Khalid sb and Imtiaz sb )

Thank you very much for your comments and market analysis for investement in Islamabad . Your discussions has opened new door for those people who are not physically present in pakistan

Thanks Shahid sb. Hope it will ease your decision making

Dear khalid sb if you are in real state business kindly leave your whatsap or email as i want to contact you

Asalam o alikum if I have the same scenario than I invest in portfolio in follwing

1. 5 Marla non develop sector N bahria enclave(prefer st 23 24 25 26)

2. 5 Marla in I15/2 or I15/3..

Best options for investment in islamabad... You can get two Plots in this budget...

@Shahid Ali bhai send me an email at kjameel.ibm@gmail.com, I will send you my contact details there. I m not in property business, just sharing knowledge for betterment of all members. Have some experience is buying selling for my self and friends that’s it.

Syed Raza bhai, what is the current rates in sector N non develop and when one can expect the development?

I think it's better to stay away from non developed plots in BE or BT as Bahria is not strong as it was in past, facing so many cases and Pindi and Islamabad is not now in their priority list. They sold the land and earned money already.

Why in non possession area … … ? you never know as they start development in next 20 years

Asalam o alikum dear brothers yes your concerns are right but bahria is developing non develop areas because they need money if the plot is ready you have to pay the possession charges if you did not pay the poss charges bahria charge you the penalty of 2000 per month.. So they focus to develop non possession areas...

Secondly N 5 Marla possession streets you will get plot in 38-42...

Syed Raza, what is the update of sector F Bahria Enclave, what are the prices there?

Re: Real Estate Investment in PAK

Said that earlier, saying it again, unfortunately real estate investments in PAK are volatile (if intent is to encash foreign currency and park that into Real Estate) for investments. Next 12 months seem stagnated.

If intent is to buy and construct for personal use or hold (2+ yrs), its a good time. Tax on Plot and House remains same (DC rate), where house worth and ROI yield is manifold to that of a plot.

Just a reminder even today, stocks and petro crashed, gold and USD escalated (at one stage that rose by 4+ PKR from 153 to 157). Till June and most likely beyond, PKR will remain fragile.

Aoa, I am an overseas Pakistani and I am looking to build our home. The thing is I am not sure where. Considering the budget constraints I am thinking for DHA Islamabad Phase 3, as I already have a plot there 1 Kanal.

I am thinking of selling the 1 Kanal Plot and buy a 10 marla, as we are a very small family. What do you guys think about DHA Phase 3? I know it is not developed but DHA Phase 2 is out of our budget.

Moreover, how much would be the construction cost for a 10 Marla plot? I like the surrounding area of DHA 3. How is the electricity and water supply there?

I'd appreciate your inputs, JAZAKALLAH

@ Ham . If you are talking about Dha phase 3 Ex-Serene city then yes its very nice place to live in . Zameen Ace homes are in process of built some 30+ houses in sector A and B.

Sector A is around 3 Km from GT road and Giga mall.

DHA 3 area which is ex serene city is best one. Ymconstruction activities will be is full swing in few years there. It's a good idea to build 10 marla house if it fulfills your family needs.

In terms of construction cost for 10 marla, it would take around 8 to 10 million plus minus.