Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Property Evaluation discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Property Evaluation advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Property Evaluation discussion.
Kholaris
( 6 posts )

[33 Replies]
You get small run down house for 25,000 to 40,000 range in g10, g11, and even i10 sectors but bahria town has lines of seemingly newly built 10 marla+ house. Are they for real or spammy ads? If they are real, why are people still living in slum-like condions of i10 and i9?

161 days ago In Property Evaluation
    Post Answer
    YC
    (436 posts)
    Mainly it’s due to location of mainland islamabad but Bahria is not cheap either

What ads u r referring to?
      161 days ago 

Fahad Azhar
      (125 posts)
      Good question.

That is our main problem as a nation. We buy mehran instead of japanese cars, we go to i-10 with small streets and broken roads instead of bahria ph 8.

We vote for pmln and ppp instead of some new politicians.
        159 days ago 

Imtiaz
        (1294 posts)
        Rightly said, we are a queue follower (speaking in general), even if that leads to no where.

However, fortunately or unfortunately, CDA prime sectors F/G/I, or ST. Town despite hugely overvalued are benefited with the Universal Benchmark for Real Estate, i.e., 'Location' considering the proximity to down town Capital and official/economic areas. Institutes/Offices etc. from Sector F-5 to H-12 and ST. Town B, D block are likely to stay there for the rest of foreseeable future, unless there is a dramatic change of plan and fast paced decades of development to shift those to somewhere else. BT due to quality of development and facilities will remain decades ahead of CDA and alike entities, however, even if the Expressway has been made an 8+ lane on each side, post Gulberg Route, moving out of ISB on official hours can be a night mare to travel, same with the GT road.

Quality of development somehow compensates to some extent for the location (e.g., BT-P8, B-17), etc. but ask any tenant commuting to work in suburbs of ISB he/she will probably settle for 5 Marla, old unit than a 10 Marla brand new for same price in favor of Location and Access. Far off location will add to commute time, exhaustion in traffic, fuel price and with multiple family member (Parents working and kids to schools/colleges/universities), that can be a nightmare.

There is a difference between Renting and Construction preferences. For rental, those sectors can be hot property but for constructions and own property far-off but quality projects are on the rise.

Another factor is also the old classical Supply-Demand, for now BT-RWP beyond Phase 5 has oversupply of both commercial and residential, compared to the above mentioned CDA sectors and also on the basis of Proportion of Commercial to Residential.

There is a scenario too where one can 'rent out' his house in lets say P-8 or B-17 and with that rent he can 'rent in' a smaller home for him/her-self in those sectors.
          159 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
          (2044 posts)
          100% agreed on what Imtiaz Sb said.
          However “ I live in Islamabad” fantasy is still working. Recently I was in conversation with a gent who was in a que with me waiting for our turn to counter. Very interesting conversation:
          “Bhai did you make any house in Pakistan”. He asked me
          “Yes sir, Alhamdulillah, I did”. I replied
          “ Me too, a 5 Marla in G-11”, was the reply.
          “Where”
          “In DHA-2”. I responded.
          “How big”. A quick query was shot
          “Jee one Kanal”
          “Oh, so You are living in Rawat?”. An immediate response.
          “ Yes sir, my location is near Rawat”.
          “Why not Islamabad, see I live in Islamabad and you selected villages neighborhood ”….Counter approached and our much educative discussion was dissolved.
          Yes Capital shall always be good but then there has to be a compromise between good and not so good options. Well “not so good” is again a relative term.
          Personally, there is lot of difference between BTs/DHAs & Islamabad non VIP sectors, entering to your place after long work hours, When you pass the entrance gate, your tiredness is gone as you are retiring to an esthetic place with full of life happenings you and your family always love to have, yet inexpensive place compared to the CDA sectors.

159 days ago 

Imtiaz
            (1294 posts)
            True, all boils down to

Practical Convenience vs Better Quality
              159 days ago 

Humayyun Raj..
              (27 posts)
              Its mentality of our nation, They refer Saddar Rawalpindi, Or tench Bhata type conjusted areas to live instead of neat and clean societies. They can pay 1 crore for such slumps but think bahria or other such societies are far away from railway station, airport & metro.

We are dirty by nature. We dont understand Being neat & clean society is half or our Deen.
                159 days ago 

Humayyun Raj..
                (27 posts)
                Imtiaz bhai

What are St. Town & P8?

Im living in isb since long but never heard of such trems for any housing area..
                  159 days ago 

Imtiaz
                  (1294 posts)
                  Apologies, Hamayun bhai, I should had written the full form, i.e.,

P8 = Phase 8 and ST. Town = Satellite Town.

Re: Quality vs Practical Convenience

Its a Universal thing too, that in proper metropolitan areas from Sydney to London to NY City, people can opt to rent in or live in store rooms or a bed in the Kitchenette/living room (instead of a proper and quality apartment at slight far off location) as far as needs and supply-demands go.

Even a 1000+ sq. Ft. Apartment in Centaurus can cost 30 million plus that equals a decent, quality built 1 Kanal in some really good locations like BT or DHA or even a Farm House in Gulberg Greens (in that approximate price range). However, there is a category of people who prefer the first option over the later, for whatever reasons...
                    159 days ago 

Ty Phoon
                    (197 posts)
                    Location, location, location.

No match for CDA sectors location.
                      159 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                      (2044 posts)
                      I think reason is very simple:
                      Location is first preference for the commuters and the family having kids in schools and Unis.
                      The people who are done with these responsibilities, would always opt for esthetic living with security and top class civic amenities, such as BTs/DHAs etc.
                      If no kids in schools, Universities and no job in capital, who will like to make house with a fortune, no water, no cleanliness, no security, no independence to walk outside in late hours, overflowing trash skips with dogs & cats & downtown traffic.
                        158 days ago 

Post Answer (33 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL