Islamabad express way expansion and its impact

1. Which properties will be effected directly?

2. How soon?

3. Whats the time to buy and when to get out?

4. Is it revival of zone 5?

5. Will islamabad prices fall?

I think on the bases of speculation this news will have inshallah a positive impact on zone 5, specially dha bahria. But real impact will be when this expansion is complete. I dont think this will have negative impact on islamabad. Experts are requested to guide us on this matter for the benefit of general public.

Yes it will benefit DHA, no benefit for Bahria, It will also be a blessing in disguise for Jinnah Gardens, Swan Gardens and River Gardens. It also has no benefit for Naval Anchorage.

@Akbar sb, very interesting comment. Bahria & Naval will not get any benefit. Do you think their residents wont be allowed to use signal free expressway?

It will benefit all socities as all of them are linked to Expressway.

But big boost will be for DHA

@Irfan Bahria and Anchorage, they will use it but they are far away from the highway. The societies like Jinnah Gardens and Swan and River Gardens are the actual winners. The bottleneck at the PWD main double road will kill the joy of having a broad highway.

Hahaha so you mean to say that Malik Riaz won't take advantage of such a massive project happening right next to his hub???

Wait and you'll see MR also reviving his Valley and Phase 8 game cause of this signal free expressway....

Don't forget it was MR's idea to have an expanded signal free highway ..I remember he wanted something like Sheikh Zayed road of Dubai... So, MR must be having something in his mind...

Personally if I had the money right now I would have bought land in Jinnah Garden or Capital Enclave....

All the societies along the express highway will see jump in near future..

I think buying time is this very moment as market is quite stagnant for a very long time now and you can sell after the project is completed as prices (hopefully) will be up at that time.

Yes it is revival if you think that Zone 5 was dying...

Why will Isb prices fall ? rather IMO they will go up as ppl who wanna live in zone 1 are always willing to pay the premium..prices in zone 1 if and that's a very big if ever fall it will be cause of zone 4 not 5... And for that wait for 20 years...

Call me a pessimist, but I don't this overcrowded highway surrounded by irregular settlements, with heavy transport, frequent blockade due to protests will get any better. What this area needs is alternate roads and Islamabad/Rawalpindi bypass, which is not under consideration at the moment.

It seems Rawat Industrial zone is still on the cards. So one should look at the bigger picture.

Agreed with Isloo, Islamabad expressway till Airport chowk is alraedy 4-5 lanes . We havn't seen any impact. Its just a drama.

Secondly in future they have to link rawat with motorway means zone 5.

Till the time bypass from GT road peshawar more/ Motorway to Rawat is not build, You cant enjoy express way even if it 20 lanes, It would still be difficult to travel with heavy trucks at speed of 10km /hour.

Finally its happening now, a long overdue project, not just for the sake of housing societies but for countless lives lost on this deadly highway. I personally know few very young boys who lost their lives on this highway....

IMO, biggest winner will be Gulberg and DHA as they both are well positioned to offer high class livings...

what abt JKCHS Agro farms? Its also right at the top of this highway (I know it's NOC issues).

Any comments on JKCHS Agro scheme investment pls?

And friends, its not just about adding lanes or making interchanges, as per my understanding it will be pedestrian free high speed motorway style road...I travel on this road everyday, its just madness from faizabad till rawat.

I will be more interested in seeing what happens after completion of this first phase till faizabad. Logically, this project should have started from Rawat where the road & traffic condition is far worse.

However, the top bureaucracy, many of whom live in I-8 wanted to get the benefit immediately, incase the govt changed its mind later. Consequently, the only residential area to directly benefit from this section is also I-8 only. I hope the govt remains committed to this project and manages to finish it within its tenure, but before we see the next phase actually getting developed, it might be too early to make long term calculations based on this launch alone.

Correct Kashif sb, such has become the reputation of our leaders that’s its never easy to take their words. Whatever may be the case, this project is very much needed, many job goers/business ppl remain stuck at I-8 and faizabad chawk for hours…

The big gains are for Jinnah Gardens, Swan Garden, River Garden and Capital Enclave. As for the Bahria its main gates are either on GT road or at the very end of PWD main double road. As for the DHA Valley its not developed yet no body is living there and only time will tell what becomes of it.

I look it from different angle. A person, who want to built a home, will look for future. For example after 10 years. I daily travel from DHA2 to Blue area. This addition of roads will decrease the time of travel and also the security situation on the road. DHA2 has already all the basic facilities (like top 8 school system, security, water and concept of community). I don’t have funds now but if i would have, i would have bought a plot in DHA2 immediately. The investment will mature within a year, as soon as the road start building.

What about Rawat Industrial state and gulberg

Interesting.

Any impact on Bahria Town - Garden City ??

Expert opinion is expected...

Regards

EMAAR also !!

Bhai I think sari zone 5 ki societies ko faida ho ga, chahay kum ho ya ziada. Big boost for whole of zone 5.