My visit to Multi B-17 today

Aoa,
Visited b-17 today after a long time and i am disappointed to see the condition of this place. Below is what i saw during my visit which fairly explains why no raise in plot prices:
1. Water issue (boring problem on each house/no society water supply) (no filter plants either)
2. Margalla hills are almost destroyed by drillers (scene is painful to watch)
3. Due to drilling/blasting too much pollution
4. Damaged infrastructure
5. Eliminations of green spaces, sold as new plots
6. High-rise buildings added everywhere, even on the green areas.
7. Seems like society management forgot all about it.
8. Too much crimes. Security has become useless.
9. Not a safe place to live (in my opinion)

This society was as good as bahria and dha few years back. But now it feels like a dead horse. I i don't mean to promote anyone but bahria phase-8 is much better option than this.

Imran Sahab

Now a days security is the most important factor when one decides to select a place for living. That reminds me of the “Sanam gardens” society on the Murree road. We visited and surprised to see the film actors, Tariq Aziz and others buying plots and praising the scenic views around. I saw the mountains around and asked: “How about the safety and security after we built our house?”

“Sir, no boundary wall in design, so far, but we will …. Blah blah….”

Now you see the place?

I think boundary wall ought to be the 1st question when buying for making home or even for the long term investment.

But it seems to be booming, lots of construction going on and people living. Banks and stores have moved there too.

Yes, Abdul Qayyum Sb. It's a major issue especially if building home.

Yes, Junaid Sb. Agree that there is too much construction there but mostly grey structures and very low occupancy rate. As far the banks they always tend to get in early to lock cheaper long-term leases.

1. Water issue is there in whole zone-2

2. Yes agree

3. I thought blasting is stopped?

4. Infrastructure is still better then any else society in whole zone2

5. Yes some green spaces removed and converted into plots, but not all.

6. High-rise buildings added in b17, that is plus point i think.

7. Yes society management need to focus more on b17.

8. Can you tell us, what you know about crimes in b17? i heard they have their own Security.

Dear Ch.Imran,

It's not fair bhai.Only i agree one of your point that management is greedy and careless who cancel some parks,green area and convert to the plots.D block issue is still in the air which is black spot for management.

B-17 still one of best project in zone2 if you compare with around societies.Access is very good by GT road and high rise buildings are plus point for any project.

If you compare crime rate with Bahria 1 to 6 then you can find less crime rate in B-17.You can't traval at midnight to Enclave with your family.

If you like to compare water issue then please visit to CDA sectors especially G-13 and I sectors.

You have to visit whole zone-2 then compare then share.

No doubt there is many weak points in B-17 and management need more care.

Regards

Nadeem Bhai

Crime rate in Bahria 1-6.

Really a news for me!

Did not hear so far?

Yes i can conform you and if you like i can share you my friend Mob number who living in Bharia phase-6.Two homes robbed in one night.

He is going to shift to Dha or Naval Anchorage because his daughters are can't sleep and he is really disturbed.

Regards

Dear Abdul Qayyum,

Bahria 7 and 8 is more secure than 1 to 6.I heard two crimes in overseas sector-5 because of near village.

Allah tala har kisi ko apnay hifz-o- aman mein rakhe ameen.

Regards

Thanks for sharing Nadeem Sahab

In phase-8, I heard, they compensated the affected ones?

Nadeem Bhai

Jo dekha wo keh dia. Bura laga tu mazrat chahta hoon.

An officer of federal Govt. Who lives in B-17 told me about crime rate & security condition.

Also agree that Bahria Phase-8 crime-rate has gone up recently. Still Bahria in much better condition compared to Soan garden and PWD.

Dear Ch.Imran,

No doubt Bahria is more secure than any housing society in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

I just compare zone-2 societies with B-17.Allah aap ko khush rakha.

Regards

Can we say DHA has better security apparatus in place than Bahria 1 to 6?

In my opinion, No.

1. Yes, N. Anchorage has serving Navy personnel for security which is good.

So Navy officials are guarding housing societies now? Sir, you must be out of your mind to say or believe that.

I have visited Naval Anchorage, they have private security company for guarding duties.

Ok. What about DHA security?

Dha has its own security arrangements as they hire retired army personnel for such tasks.Also they have reasonable resources for performing the security duties.

Apart from main Islamabad Sectors, security is an issue everywhere, our police is corrupt but personally I have seen DHA 1's security very efficient, but still incidents happen in every society

Barbed fence and CCTV system should be used in every house

Is DHA security better than Bahria?

Mohammad Sb

I replied to your query on other thread but here is my personal experience with DHA living:

We are in block-B in DHA-2 and I personally witnessed the DHA security motorcycles circling around at distance while my family took a round in late hours. That is a Blessing if you ask me.

Jee Qayyum Bhai,

I visited there yesterday and observed the same. Overall everywhere in ISB/RWP security situation is not bad at all. Thanks to Pakistan Army who has done phenomenal job in recent year to keep us safe.