Need advice regarding building my house in Mumtaz City

Aoa everyone. Hope u all will be great. I need advice regarding building my house. I own a plot in mumtaz city islamabad and want to built my house over there. I just want to know should i built my house there. Isnt it too soon to built there as there are no houses there? I know the potential of that area and the future hopes to be good too but still i m confused whether to built it or not. Reply from imtiaz sb and abdul qayyum will be appreciated.

Sarmad,

I would say it is not best to live in the area which is not crowded. As security is primary thing which i am worried about.apart from this then Kids school, Grocery and other day to day necessities of life are not there.

If we see the other side then construction cost is increasing every year so delays in construction of house will cost you more next year.

Having said that family security is foremost thing and i will suggest that you should not construct the house now.

Thanks for the advice Mr A M Abbasi. What do u think how long it will take for the mumtaz city to be liveable area. I want to built the house keeping in mind that delays in building the house will cost me more money.

Waiting for the response. Senior member please help me in making the decision as i m confused.

Dear Sarmad Khan,

You cannot live there as per the situation already discussed. And the other thing is the growing cost. Well i have seen it my self in gulberg, the people had build the grey structures and the had left them. I had a chance to speak to one of the owners of the house. He was of the view that the construction cost is going so high that till the development reaches his house he will have no finances to build the house after 3 to 4 years. This is i think you can do as well. And after wards you can do the finishing. That will save you the cost.

Grey structure idea is great…

Thanks mr mohammad sohail for the advice. Again i would say how much time it can possibly take to be liveable area?

Dear Sarmad khan As per my last visit i see 4 to 5 years. Few things can shorten this time. Like Multi B 17 had a policy of the 10 lac cash incentive for those who build the double story house.This incentive brought a lot of people who made houses there. Many such things can be done to encourage the population. Many people try to follow others. I feel many people are waiting that some one to initiate and many people will follow.

Thanks for the reply again Mr muhammad sohail. Yes you are right many people are waiting there for the construction to start. I think if few people take the step and start to built their house then it wont take a lot time to be livable area. What would you say about the water condition in that area. I have heard that water level there are very low and it will be a big issue in coming years.

Dear Sarmad Khan,

Yes i do have heard the same things. The airport its self doesnt have the plenty of water underground same is the case for faisal town. And the area is the same. Please note all these are based on views of others, not personal experience.

Thanks again mr mohammad sohail. Anyone else could shed some more light on this topic so that i can take a decision. Mr Imtiaz and Mr Abdul Qayuum your response would be appreciated.

Sarmad sb, as suggested by Abbasi sb. Construction now can save you some costs from ever increasing prices of materials and labors etc. Plus some societies offer some cash incentives to the early constructors, so you may check it with the society.

For me that area does have the future! Construction only now can benefit but for living that totally depends on the population growth around it and no one knows precisely about that. Generally, one or two constructions motivate others to also build.

Thanks for the advice MR imtiaz. Hoping that soon it becomes a livable area.

Sarmad Sb.

The location is good but there was some conflicts and the whole development was cut into two: Mumtaz city & Ghandhara city.
Now one does have better access and other one does not?
As a thump rule, any new development takes decades before getting good schools, houses and other value additions.
Even the renown developers, like BTs, DHAs is no exception:
DHA-2 in now in 20 plus years since its inception, BT phase-8 in 12th years, Tarnol housing in 35 plus years…….
If you can live with just pure nature and brave enough to live in a lonely environment, you can opt for living but your best bet may be, just leave it as an investment and see the pace of development.
The access thing to be verified, may be it is sorted out now!
I do not have most recent info about MC, sir.

Rightly said AQ sb, all points quite valid, just to add on the value additions part:

Locality and Neighborhood matters. If a society/area has a strong/solid neighborhood that helps each other in the adjacent areas to develop. For example, the prime commercial/educational institutes/hospital/markets/parks that are spread across F, G and H (to some extent I) sectors help each other big time.

For example, within a few km proximity one can pick up his kids from F/G sector schools/colleges, H sector universities, have lunch in an F sector restaurant, buy Grocery from G sector open market to be at your home in one of those sectors, practically hassle free. That's like facilities being distributed in a closer proximity rather than concentration at a more central point.

Similarly the case for Pakistan/Media Town, Police Foundation etc. and BT phases where people from those town can enjoy Parks and Leisure Activities of BT, while BT people can use those massive and slightly economical purchasing markets just outside BT. This is why those phases of BT have been developed, populated and progressed comparatively faster.

The neighboring societies help each other to develop and grow! MC development, progress and livability will also depend on its surroundings especially on TC, GC development and population and in general on societies nearby as far as value addition and other facilities are concerned.

Imtiaz sb, what about the impact of metro bus service, since that will make access to and from islamabad very easy. I know NLC will complete its patch till Golra Mor, however not sure about rest and till airport.

Thanks for insightful information Mr Abdul Qayyum. I am a silent reader here and keeps an eye on the discussion to remain updated from the market trends. I really admire Mr Imtiaz and your logical answers. Now i want to tell u about the brief background that why did i buy plot in mumtaz city instead of BT and DHA. Everyone want to live within the islamabad if they can afford but if cannot atleast they want to live near to it. So it hardly takes 15 to 20 min from mumtaz to mainstream islamabad. Factors like Airport, metro and access through kashmir highway made me to take the decisions of buying plot here and built my house.i think this area has great future.

BT and DHA provide quality lliving but commute from there to isb can make anyone life hell.

And the conflicts was between topcity 1 and 2. Later the topcity 2 become mumtaz city. Thought to clarify it

As far as I know, the fundamental objective of extended Metro line was and is to connect the existing service to the new Airport.

https://www.zameen.com/news/metro-bus-track-to-be-inaugurated-in-november.html

That is suppose to happen and wherever, there will be a direct access for state-sponsored public transport, that area becomes part of the mainstream city. Metro brings along lots of commercial/economic activities too and also optimises the basic selling point of the real estate (i.e., location & access) ...

A few facts:

there are some houses already constructed in Mumtaz city (i would say between 5-10.

There is at least 1 commercial building, occupied by property dealers only

there are at least 2 families living in mumtaz city.

But there are no civic facilities yet - like school, hospital and grocery markets.

Mumtaz city does provide security.

if you start building your house now, may be it will motivate more people.