Need guidance to start property business.

Aoa,
I am interested to start my own property dealing business.I am in very initial stage. Kindly any one guide me how may i professionally start it.
What is the market trend , where to invest,what things should i keep in mind before starting property business.What is the property business scope here in pakistan.

Thanks
Imran

Doing business in pakistan is not easy in general and property business is quite tricky in particular. However lots of people are making good money in this business.

I suggest to work some time with and existing big dealer to learn the ropes and then start your own business.

Best of luck!

I have a same question especially for someone moving back from overseas. Also approx. How much capital is required to start property business in Lahore? Do you need to have a lot of experience to start property business?

If you are starting business than its better to go for stable, safe and less risky areas esp. CDA and DHA. Basically it will be a good learning platform and also to avoid fraudulent dealings happening in most private societies.

try to gain prominence in one market like in DHA or CDA. As you are new so it will be very difficult to gain market share for all or most societies in isb/pindi for instance.

Look for areas which have good growth prospects in terms of price appreciation and construction. That should be the place to hit. Though the market maybe slow there but you should look towards the long term and with long term objectives.

In which ever area you wish to start with try to make good relations with the strong dealers or network there. Regardless of whether you like it or not but this will help you the most in many of your deals. Help them in some way so next time you can expect help from them as well.

And last be straightforward. This business is not for looneys. If you are not persistent or aggressive in your work or deals then there is no point entering. Also regarding decisions make them quick and do not take too much time thinking on a decision. You will loose many opportunities.

once you think this business is for you then you may expand and look for risky areas

Don’t think of making investments straightaway if you haven’t got a clue about market trend and prices, your best bet is to first join some office as brother KS mentioned and smartly and keenly understand market trends, prices,paper work (very important), your target area in which you want to do dealing and investment and most importantly master the skill of negotiation as without this you won’t become a successful dealer. Loads of other things are their but these are just very basics.

Thanks a lot Danish! One more Q…if you join an office do you need to have capital? Can you join an office without any capital and how does it work? do you work on commission basis? Thanks once again!

Big offices work on commission basis like 60/40 depending on the capabilities of the agent; but i think since you dont have experience dont expect much at the beginning your target should be do get the expertise in the relevant areas.

As Danish rightly mentioned negotiation skills are the key to success in this field.

Thanks a lot KS! Any big offices in Lahore that you can recommend to start off at?

Try to Go through all the threads of zameen.com on investments. Observe bahria and dha market trends from start ie how they play the game. 1)when the buyers are interested to buy or hold? and why suddenly they get panic to dispose off… This is the essence of property dealing…

I am very thankful to all of you for the valuable suggestions. If i conclude it in a short summary i can say that " Work with some one at the initial stage,not focus on income, should be very sharp in communication,study the market trend,the investors etc etc .

I think that zameen.com is the good place to study the market trend.

Regards.

Property business has huge scope in Pakistan. You should contact some property dealers and take their advice as well. Don’t only rely on internet research but also go to different places physically and search out rate. When any dealer is going to make a transaction, go with him and see how he’s making the deal done.

Well property business is not a regular business through out the year from where you can run your house kitchen. Like now a days property business is not really active like in 2013.The Sale/purchase has been dropped rapidly over 70% in all big brands like CDA,DHA,Bahria and Multi. The only thing which will help you rent out houses and Shops. I have few friends working with this business and they are doing some other things to run their kitchen like Selling building materials,Renovation of houses,transportation etc.

I like to open real state business in DHA badar commercial karachi. I dont have experience. Anyone help me or suggest me. Can i have a partner? or state agent to grow the business.

Aoa,

I am interested to start my own property dealing business.I am in very initial stage. Kindly any one guide me how may i professionally start it.

What is the market trend , where to invest,what things should i keep in mind before starting property business.What is the property business scope here in pakistan. However lots of people are making good money in this business.

Best Regard

laiq

However lots of people are making good money in this business.

If you want start business in islamabad then contact me 0348-2064728.

Nice guidance provided for a beginner

I need valuable suggestions. While starting real estate property business only buying & selling plots are better to deal with or constructing homes. Which one you will prefer or both?

Regards,

JIK Marwat

Aoa,

What is the market trend , where to invest,what things should i keep in mind before starting property business.What is the property business scope here in pakistan.

Thanks

Seniors please guide me… Do the big offices and dealers pay in Lahore or they offer commission base? What is the minimum investment required for this business?