Overseas pakistani - how the trends have changes in 1 year - 12 million inv

Salam everyone,

I posted a question in dec 2017 about where to buy property for a 12 million investment in islamabad. The popular suggestions back then were

1) dha phase 5
2) mumtaz city
3) i-16 (cda)
4) bahria enclave

A lot of valueable suggestion form nadeem sb, falcon, jdm and others. Rupee was somewhere around 105 against us dollar and we were all expecting a decline near election once the artificial hold is removed.

I visited pakistan. Checked bahria phase 8 and detailed tour of dha phase 5. Really liked the work being done there. I even finalized 2-3 candidates from dha phase 5. But after considering the usd-pkr factor and other things, i cancelled the plan and thank god i did. Because pkr is now somewhere around 140 so that would have been a straight dip of around 3.5 million in pkr and i assume phase 5 has not seen such rise in last 1 year

Now when i browse the forum option have changes

1) bahria enclave - anything related to bahria these days is a no. Although in the long run, i feel issues will be resolved but why take a risk bow

2) dha phase 5 - with the isb highway expansion plan seem to be cancelled, phase 5 doesn't have the same attraction as before.

3) mumtaz city - the whole hype around the new airport societies have calmed down a bit now

With the job market getting tough in middle east, i might have to return to pakistan in jan 2020. So now i need some advice for areas where i can build home within 1 year time and 1 plot for future investment. So i would appreciate some suggestions

1) gulberg: i have heard the gulberg developed sectors are good and ready to build homes

2) dha phase 3 (serene city) is being suggested by some with ring road considerations

3) phase 5 can still be an option but access might not be so easy (congestion in traffic)

4) i-16 is still dependent on cda plans for road access

Kindly suggest any recommendations as i'm planning to visit pakistan in feb to finalize something.

My brother purchased plot in Dha phase 5 sector F kanal plot in january 2018 for 9 million .Now the latest offer he got is 11.5 million. So there is a gain of 2.5 million in one year time.

The price escalated in Sector F main streets as litigation is cleared and road work completed and lighting done.

Good to know and MashaAllah!!

Concern here now a days is the situation now and the foreseeable future. If we take 12 months (full 1 year of 2018) that was not bad. However, post Jun 2018 things are in general and for the largest chunks of real estate across the country have been slow. Last 6+ months are slow and not sure, how long before the progress emerges again, talking in an overall scenario.

Why not rent a house say for 6 months where you would really like to live in the future and then get a real on the ground feel on where to buy/build. As an overseas pakistani myself I feel there is never enough time to assess things properly when visiting Pakistan for property matters.

Go for Gulberg Residencia, No doubt it will be the best society on expressway in future due to many commercial projects.

With high volatility and crashing rupee, investing foreign exchange in Pakistani real estate is not a profitable proposition. I would wait for another 6 months when the rupee hits the bottom, that is, 175 (if we get lucky in the hands of these incompetent morons.)

Since the question is regarding having home then 2 places straight away came to my mind and your choice will be based on your personal family ties. As every person has different personal preference. apart from I:16 and other options these options come into my mind.

Residencial Options:

Gulberg Residencia and DHA 5 For home: Location close to express way so you can have access to islamabad relatively easy. Schools not very close to the area but can have access. Access to islamabad university and your office could be a good contributing factor.

DHA3 and Bahria phase 8: DHA 3 is where the salepurchase is still going on price are some what same Bahria phase 8 people are confused but developed sectors which are not in takht pari forest (i think nadeem sahib already mentioned which areas are disputed) are safe and good for living. Nearby DHA there are all big schools ( Roots, Headstart, Beaconhouse) if you have school going kids. Universities here are at distance. Your office or job will also contribute.Ring Rooad if materialized will give big boost to this area.

Investment Option:

There are already alot of contribution by the forum members specially Qayyum , Nadeem and Imtiaz sahib so you can check their threads.
I would just highlight the other perspectiv apart from those already mentioned investment options. Why cant we do the investment other then islamabad as we are looking for returns.
Capital Smart City: Rumours are that they will be soon acquire by DHA which will increase the prices alot.
DHA Multan: Big city like multan has recently have only few good society and DHA multan will create lot of interest. While balloting will be soon be done this year so we could get some handsome return.

Having said all please do visit these places and then make a decision i will be in pakistan in end of Feb you are most welcome if i could be the help.

Also i heard same that Capital smart city will be accquire by Dha. In real estate investment always Location matters the most. Even it will be own and endorse by Dha ; the location is very pathetic and that too over price also and development charges not disclose yet. So my understanding is big NO.

Dha multan can be a good option .

Mubashir if you see the prices in capital smart city for example 4 marla comercial plot which is 76 lac. If DHA acquires the land according to my assessment it will difinitely jump up to 10 t0 15 lac which is good short term investment. I agree that location is far now but look into percpective of investing a amount andgaining a ROI within one year.

DHA waloun say apnay phases sambhaalay nahin ja rahay ... Do you think they will take panga of CSC at the moment :D ?

Its all rumors and stories to sell CSC.

I sincerely wish whoever have invested in capital smart city Islamabad will gain manifolds of gain.

As i earlier said Location matter first in property investment secondly come the developer. Please remember that Dha valley is also a huge and joint venture project between Bahria Dha and HRL .even after 10 years see the development status and prices till date. Though the location of valley is good as compared to CSC but the price for 8 marla plot after 10 years still stand at 12 lakhs for non balloted plot and 17 lakhs for balloted one.

CSC is a huge project joint venture again HRL , FDH and soon DHA .miles to go.