Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Investors Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Investors Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Investors Advice discussion.
Hamad Raza
( 17 posts )

[175 Replies]
What are the comments of experts on the statement of chairman fbr. "property prices soon will come down!"

120 days ago In Investors Advice
    Post Answer
    Arshad
    (768 posts)
    We all like to be optimistic, Pakistan has huge potential and there is no reason why our optimism should not be reward. However being an investor requires cold analysis of facts and data with emotionalism stripped out. So far we can only see things getting worse on the ground, sure things will get better one day, but after destroying billion of dollars of peoples wealth be it property or shares, or through the reduction of the value of their cash,. by making them unemployed is little consolation for the public. How many years will it take to get 6% economic growth again, and how much will Pakistan have lost by that time.
      70 days ago 

Ali Kamran
      (50 posts)
      Where investment is concerned currently, I completely agree. A cold, hard analysis is critical and it says situation in Pakistan is not looking good and it needs to improve.

Criticism is essential for progress. My issue is with the utter doom and gloom that is made louder by the media than its actual reality. It is their job, I don't blame them. But I do have issue with presenting it as rational thought. Moreover, you may distrust Imran Khan and his government (for good reason), but at the end of the day, it's an opinion. That's all I am saying.

Let me ask you, in turn, sir, to think as a Pakistani and not just as a businessman and answer the question based on hard facts, tell me, was that previous 6% economic growth sustainable? Was it also completely in favour of the larger public? I think it was not. I do not completely agree with how the government has set about to change things. Imran Khan is too volatile. But a lot of it needed to change.
        70 days ago 

Arshad
        (768 posts)
        6% was not only sustainable but should have been increasing as the previous government made heavy investment in infrastructure which this government benefitted from like 11000 MW of electricity production, LNG imports and the substantial increase in motorway network. All of these should have boosted economic growth currently and for the next several years into the future.

No Pakistani can be happy when the country is going downhll.

Pakistan does not need a change for the worse.
          69 days ago 

Isloo1
          (576 posts)
          Ali Kamran, it is perfectly alright to hold opposing views. Respect is not in aap janab and agreeing with each other, but respect is to let other's opinion exist and challenge it on logical grounds. You are entitled to your views and I am to mine. We can debate on logic, facts and situation on ground.

On your optimism, I can only say one thing. If this nalaiq puppet had an iota of competence, it would have been very difficult for us, the critics, to prove that he's fake. But fortunately, his incomprtence is so pronounced that opponents dont have to say anything. Reminds me lyrics of famous animated film, Donkey King.

"Ab bajay ga sub ka baja, donkey raja donkey raja"

US mission on FATF is in Pakistan and they are not leaving any good signals. If we stay on grey list or moved to blacklist, then you had it.

69 days ago 

Ali Kamran
            (50 posts)
            Lol, I think I will have to watch that movie.
              69 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
              (2044 posts)
              Ali Kamran sb
              If you watch any Indian channel, you will never see any comment/ news against their own motherland!
              Now Kashmir issue has other dimensions but generally I am watching Indian TV stations and never ever had any obscenity (I would Say) from Indian nationals on India. Here our “Arastoos” are sitting on keyboards 24/7 and beating non-stop drums!
              True, Imran govt has –ve & +ve bias on accountability but cannot we understand that at least we are witnessing some real happenings?
              Cannot we understand that even if 5 corrupts face justice out of 100s, 1st stone has been laid?
              Is it not fortunate that the “real faces” of corrupts are coming in limelight?
              The real paradigm of corrupt ones: “hell with Pakistan, we want our corruption money not to be touched”, is not voicing up loud & clear?
              Imran’s corrupt lot or other’s cartels, we do not give a damn who goes jail, what really matters, is some of them facing justice. “Why my people face jail and yours not”, is a stupid thinking and a sick mind can only think of this!
              We all know if Imran runs on cosmetics, He is going ashtray in very near future as social media is a determining instrument to make big changes in present era.
              Next govt will run such a music on Imran ears, He would never think of it but the same logic will prevail: More & more corrupts would see jail.
              Still Imran litmus test ongoing on accountability and if He succeeds, contrary to our past, I have trust He will, Pakistan’s shining days are just ahead of us.
              Our “Buqrats” know that International lenders show holy figures on Pakistan but what they do not know is, IMF and other lenders run on the poor country’s corruption. The encourage corruption to get heavy hand on the poor country’s economy! Just see the yesterday’s news of IMF. If Imran put heavy hand on tax evaders, you will see more and more negativity of lenders on Pak govt.
              Imran, 1st instance in Pakistan, is listening the positive comments/suggestions, from the honest anchors, and making decisions. Why not our “wise guys” do the same as zameen forum is being hit by 1000s every day.
              If no one cares about your suggestions then still you can feel proud of yourself that you did some service to the motherland.
                69 days ago 

Imtiaz
                (1293 posts)
                Pardon my ignorance but the same old slogans 'Pakistan mushkil dour say guzar raha' & 'Masabt Taseever' chouran is too old and already beyond expiry to be bought.

1. India is never even a half decent example to quote, it's fascist as a state by every definition. Let us as a nation develop our taste to quote better examples.

2. Any one having basic human decency was reporting as that should had been. When our FO was boozed off, elements in Indian Media did point out illegality of 370. Were they pulled off air?

INDIA Today
                Article 370 is Permanent Beyond Amendment

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/article-370-is-permanent-beyond-amendment-rules-jammu-and-kashmir-high-court-267550-2015-10-11?fbclid=IwAR21IRsQ6SCrBpXwT6y4cty4eAZzTZsTqDxVQl2w-nctExaNtxyvVlV0IzQ

Also Google around their MLA (Manjo Kumar) debate in their Assembly. Had he been detained for being a Ghaddar?

On the contrary, the guys you drove for are openly siding with IND.

3. Practical negativity is when you lock down capital and Chinese President had to cancel his official state visit back in 2014. It's negative when you lock down Faizabad and your SC mentions the elements manipulating that. It's practically negative when your passport value drops and your FM is being confronted at intl. forums and asked to stop lecturing world while endorsing ban, blackouts on differing voices as some sort of dictatorial regime.

Patriotism is good for nation but in proving to be a patriot while betraying national concise and submit to fascism is worst. Nation or States ego must not be that fragile that it gets shattered by simplest Freedom of expressions.

-- As the old saying goes something like, if you wanna know who is ruling you, see around, it will precisely be those that you are not supposed and allowed to criticize.

If you are economically strong, no matter what the size, world will listen and side with you, rest are just illusions and dreams that any one can develop, no restrictions until you wake up to harsh realities.
                  69 days ago 

Isloo1
                  (576 posts)
                  Welcome bro Ilyas. Now that the Devaluation Hujra is closed, we should meet here more often.
                    69 days ago 

Ilyas
                    (352 posts)
                    Isloo one and the only one bro, i have been following you here and there and i was busy but i had an idea bugging me to share with you but before that you will have to watch a movie.... WAR DOGS.... then i have a beautiful idea for both of us.... let me know once you have watched it.....

The admin of Zameen has been very boring buddy...... difference of opinion and even the rough language is the beauty of the deep discussion...... In Pakistan it takes a long time to get young...... he has to defend his job at the end of the day.....

Keep writing your opinions isloo one rookia, you got beautiful taste in writing.... i do not get bored around you really
                      69 days ago 

Arshad
                      (768 posts)
                      Fifty years ago the situation was different with most people living off the land, and were not sensitive to well being of the economy. With increased urbanisation and with people having to work to pay their bills, pay for accomodation, schooling, transport and food, people are more sensitive to the economic slowdown.
                        69 days ago 

Post Answer (175 Replies)
                        << < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL