Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Investors Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Investors Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Investors Advice discussion.
Hamad Raza
( 17 posts )

[251 Replies]
What are the comments of experts on the statement of chairman fbr. "property prices soon will come down!"

148 days ago In Investors Advice
    Post Answer
    Imtiaz
    (1330 posts)
    Sure, let me try to dig in to see, if and whatever exist for BT 7/8 and DHA 5. Will get back to you on that...
      73 days ago 

Asif
      (54 posts)
      Thanks @imtiaz, i do agree but i feel the situation after July 2019 has changed and i wanted to get more insight onto that?
        72 days ago 

Asif
        (54 posts)
        Also, what do you think about Dawn newspaper link below:

No bouncing back for the property market soon
        https://www.dawn.com/news/1440441/no-bouncing-back-for-the-property-market-soon
          72 days ago 

YC
          (439 posts)
          That’s a one year old link , isn’t it
            72 days ago 

Asif
            (54 posts)
            That is correct YC, it is around 10 months old article, how do we see it.
              71 days ago 

Ali Kamran
              (62 posts)
              "Talking to Dawn, frontline leaders of the real estate and housing sector assert that the right mix of forward looking, stable, policies can gradually improve the situation in the medium term.

They believe that visible progress at a reasonable pace on Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme can help revitalise the sluggish housing sector."

From the article. There is little to no reason for the prices to fall any further than they already have -- at least if we talk of it in the Rupee terms.

As long as there are no additional drastic changes in the government policy vis-a-vis the real estate, we can hope the market will begin recovering in about 12 month's time as well. The problem is that we can't trust the government to settle down just yet, at least as far as I see it.

There are some loose ends at the moment. The government may be pushed (by international pressure) to restrict the real estate sector even more. I think the things will become clear after the next year's budget. If things look safe, that may be the safest time to begin investing in real estate again. Any later and we may lose that opportunity to capitalize on the recovery of the market. But meh, I am pseudo-expert, I would like to hear what Imtiaz sahab has to say about this as well.
                71 days ago 

Imtiaz
                (1330 posts)
                Ali sb, I believe:

- Prices would not fall, in general terms**. Instead prices have and will stagnate (slow market). The issue is the PKR-USD Parity. Even if the Real Estate prices are at a standstill and PKR dives, in terms of investment (seeing from overseas a strong factor for real estate investments), the investment and ROI is at a loss. Ref. 55%+ depreciation of PKR vs 10% ~ 15%+/- rise of real estate prices (approximation).

- Overseas holding cash reserves (expecting further USD rise) and avoiding Real Estate Investment, possibly till Dec 2019 and see what lies ahead. Residents are hit with high inflation with saving and earning power reducing to go for any Real Estate investments, coupled with increased taxation.

In short, 1. market is stagnant, 2. USD seems better (overseas) and 3. rising inflation (residents), 3 prime factors hitting the real estate.

-------------------
                ** Prices have fallen for files that were purchased on high premiums. When number and magnitude of transactions is less, premium falls.

Example: A Plot (file) with down payment 5 lac and resale with asking premium 2.5 lac purchased at a total of 5.75, will retain its original value of 5 lac, however whoever paid 2.5 as premium would most likely hardly get that returned to liquidate, in many cases.
                  71 days ago 

Ali Kamran
                  (62 posts)
                  A fair assessment, sir. I am surprised why anyone would downvote it...Ultimately, the market's recovery will, at least partially, depend on the ability of its components (people like we have here on these forums) to understand, adjust and adapt to these changes as soon as possible.
                    70 days ago 

Imtiaz
                    (1330 posts)
                    As I stated earlier, PAK real Estate behaves more like stock then stock market itself. It is driven by news and perceptions rather then actual happening. Prime example in capital is the time of anticipation of new Airport. Developers at else locations that were offering great projects were surpassed by ones just selling in the air files in the name of the new airport. Same now with RRR and fabricated news and promotions.

Such a market always remain unpredictable. However, as soon as the market tires to recover Govt with its blunders tries best to sink that. Ref. Bailout for Stock Market and Bulk of Taxes on Real Estate. Many blunders in Valuation rates too.

Having said that, in recent era best time to buy for end buyers.

------
                    Re: Downvotes - Neutrality may not go well with ones involved in dealerships stuff. Also, when one does not endorse the status-quo, individual hiding behind a mouse clicks red, refreshes the page and keep venting out his/her frustration by clicking - blessings of online platforms...
                      69 days ago 

Imtiaz
                      (1330 posts)
                      Primarily, root cause not the increased taxes but continuously loosing PKR.

‘Rupee is close to becoming the world’s top loser this month’

"Pakistan’s rupee is vying for the title of the world’s biggest loser this month, the victim of an apparent devaluation with more pain ahead, Bloomberg said in its market overview on Thursday."

--------
                      https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/478468-rupee-is-close-to-becoming-the-world-s-top-loser-this-month?fbclid=IwAR3x4htfdmJLas44vNugXqzdgK_plLckxgRYGV5EqM8IjJCdYlOEOIjwp6c
                        67 days ago 

Post Answer (251 Replies)
                        << < 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > >>

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL