Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Junaid

Expert Authority
1018 posts
1 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Property Evaluation discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Property Evaluation advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Property Evaluation discussion.
Asim
( 90 posts )

[100 Replies]
How tax reforms will impact property values?

Please shed your thoughts?

I guess, it will boom again.

349 days ago In Property Evaluation
    Post Answer
    Naeem
    (143 posts)
    Huge. I think prices will become stagnant or even decrease at some places that one point where non filers won't be able to buy a property worth more than 4 millions.

Government is doing great closing every thing for tax evaders.
      349 days ago 

L@l@
      (46 posts)
      Very Negative.
        349 days ago 

Inamullah Kh..
        (73 posts)
        Good initiative. A must for This country.

This is shameful for investors of real estate and everyone else who think even this friendly tax liability as unfair for them. We all owe to return back to our country and play a role if we are earning from real estate.

All over the world citizens pay 30% to 40% of the income as tax but we only like to criticise governments but are not ready if our country demands something from us. God bless Pakistan.
          349 days ago 

YC
          (381 posts)
          I think it would have a devastating effect on sale purchase, our people are not in habit of paying taxes, so the activities would really slow down. Investors with deep pockets will not reduce the prices as they can afford not to which will lead to a halt in trading. But it remain to be seen how our fbr handles the new rules, this will not be easy as govt depts. Are known for their inefficiency,
            348 days ago 

JDM
            (558 posts)
            Don't worry guys. PM is the biggest culprit himself. Just investigate how many planes airblue had before 2013 and how many he has now. How much airblue passenger load increased since PMLN came to power. He is a chor himself. He is also hiding LNG agreement. I think he will go to jail whenever that agreement is disclosed and investigated.

Regarding RE proposal, first of all senate will not pass this proposal. Secondly, even if they enforce it will be challenged in supreme court and will be nullified. PMLN has only 45 days left,they simply don't have enough time to pass it through both NA & senate and then the legal test in supreme court.
              348 days ago 

Talha
              (23 posts)
              Share the number of planes owned before 2013 please.
                348 days ago 

Isloo1
                (286 posts)
                I don't think govt is keen to pass a bill through national assembly and senate. They are taking a short route of presidential ordinance which stays effective for 3 months.

Impact on prices will depend how the scheme is received. If successful, this may bring back huge sums of monies, that, in the absence of any real investment opportunity, will land into another price hike. Otherwise, it may end up pushing the sector into deeper hole.
                  348 days ago 

Inamullah Kh..
                  (73 posts)
                  Critics of government will always criticise just because of their political likes and dislikes ni matter if that's at the cost of country. Can anyone explain here why shouldn't we pay taxesandcreturn something back if we earn from property deal??
                    348 days ago 

Isloo1
                    (286 posts)
                    @Inamullah, it is not the question whether we SHOULD pay taxes or not. It is the matter of HABIT, people are not used to paying taxes, and it suites them too. Here is simple math that explains the gravity:

We are a country of 220 million people of which only 1.2 million people filed taxes last year which is less than 1% of population. Of these bravehearts who did file, half of them (0.5 million) filed 'nill' return, that is below taxable limit.

Now only 0.7 million people are carrying the load of 220 million. Don't forget that a larger proportion of this is the salaried class.

This is the level of responsibility of this nation that does not get tired lecturing on religious and moral values, chant patriotic slogans and vows to stand to protect brethren around the globe.

What a joke!
                      348 days ago 

Imtiaz
                      (765 posts)
                      Inamullah sb,

what you are advocating, I fully support, in fact any average citizen will support that. You cannot run a state without citizen's contribution, no matter how rich the state itself it. Recent example is VAT imposition in GCC. However, it is a trust thing between state and its citizens. I had a first hand experience of happily paying upto 40% as income tax on the state assurance that I do not need to worry at all regarding the security, health, basic facilities, education, and importantly my right as that will be on state after I pay my contribution.

Here the problem is even Zakat Money is used for unofficial family visits for officials higher up in ministry of religious affairs. Thats just the tip of a mountain sort of example. I am all in to pay tax and file the returns. the problem is more revenue and more tax collection will lead to more corruption by the power brokers.

As a matter of fact, since getting out of bed in the morning to go back sleeping again, there is not a single consumable or usable that is not under the sales tax. Not a single item. Even after paying that state, in practical, our state shows 0 responsibility for its citizen.

Tax collection is blood-line to run a state/economy, however, with current level of corruption people take/perceive it as another act of loot with no transparency.
                        348 days ago 

Post Answer (100 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > >>

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL