Things To Check Before Buying Plots?

Hi all,

I need some really important information as I am going to buy 2 plots and I feel I'm at right forum with right people to guide me. I'm going to buy two plots in Formanites Housing Society Lahore 5 and 10 Marla. I have heard society had some issues before regarding development charges and some conflicts with plot holders. How I should check the land I'm buying is all clear without any such issue. Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Check at LDA office if this society is clear in all respects?

• Then ask if there are any plots under litigation?

• Then visit society office and ask the same questions.

• Then ask them if society plans to start any new phase where you can get plots directly from society?

• If you have found any particular plots that you wish to purchase from the market, then ask the society to show you and tell you if the documents are all in order, there is an NIC of the present owner.

-Ask the property dealer through whom you are buying if the seller is the same as the person whose ID card copy is placed in the society office file including allotment letter in that person's name.

• Then check the plots physically on the ground to see that they are not in any low lying area and there is no qabza such as huts, roadside 'tea hotal' etc.

Thanks PK1

@Zawaib,

if you can specify the society, may be someone on forum will be able to respond your more effectively.

What should we do if LDA or Society people are unhelpful and too busy in their work. This is a major problem sometimes and unless you give money or have a contact, an ordinary person is not given much attention.

Thanks all for answers. MJ its formanites housing society in lahore near state life phase 1 and dha phase 9.