Tips to check land before purchase

Before going to purchase any plot in housing societies check the land terrain with google earth pro it will help you a lot for selecting good land follow the steps

1-locate your plot from housing society map on google earth

2-use the image history tool to see the land condition before & after development

3-check the approximately the terrain elevation & see in 3d view of land just exaggerate elevation to 2.

4- there are some ways you can geo-reference the housing societies maps & open in google earth pro so you can see the plan on google earth

Thanks for tips, i am already using it but i have one question, as google earth for Islamabad is not updated from 30/10/2016, is there any way to update you desired place to see the recent status of land?

@Nasir, I checked other web maps like Bing maps, Esri Online Data etc. But that images are older than Google earth. I don’t think so you can get better than Google earth from internet.

Actually I wanted to ask if there is any way to check updated image from google earth as for Islamabad it was updated on 30/10/2016 last time.

Start emailing google earth frequently with a request to update the area you are interested in.

When they receive a certain no of emails, they revise its priority and update it earlier due to popular public demand.

No it’s not possible until they not uploaded new images.

I think they do it selectively. May be there is monetary aspect of it?

I can see updates on the other Pakistani locations.

Yes they do area by area, actually they do it in patches, do know when the Islamabad turn will come