Design Firms-Architect Firms Recommended By Common People Through Personal Experience

Every1 who has the ambition to build their dream home must be thinking of a reputable and reliable firm with the necessary credentials and who charge within the reasonable limits(depending on the amount of work they put in a project).

Services they should provide are following:

Structural, architectural drawings-floor plans

Plumbing drawings

Electrical drawings

Gas drawings

Elevation drawings and it's 3d visualization

Interior designing,3D visualization

Landscaping

Supervising and guidance expertise specially for approvals and buying of materials through out the building process.

I have been in contact with a few who provide almost similar services but there is a huge difference in what they charge.

Some are demanding almost 2 lac for structural,plumbing,electrical,3d elevation design of a kanal house while others charge 100 pr.Sq.Ft.

While i have learned from the forum tht expenses for simple drafting or expert architect drawings should lie between 20000-750000

Some of the firms which i felt were interesting are :

Ailtire design studio

Farq

Izza and Mantasha

Montage design bulid

Please,share your thoughts about the charges and if anybody has hired services of the above mentioned firms.

Feel free to share names of other firms that you have heard of by someone you know for quality services or personally had a pleasant building experience with.

Everyone is welcome to add some more points that are essential and crucial to be considered before finalizing a design firm.

Rates of construction depends on finishing.

Dear Courius...

If you need all design along with working drawings 2D,3D and Supervision then it is from 3% to 5% of the project value depends on the size of project.

If you need only design and working drawings and 3d of Elevation only it can be from Rs.100,000 to Rs.150,000.

Rest it is possible to see mutually what can be done.

If interested contact us

dSA

92-333-4220989

designsource99@gmail.com

Ahmed Saleem,i wasn't referring to the cost of construction here but more about the disgning and floor planing and tht sort of stuff.Cost of construction will be next thing to dig into :)

DSA,thanks for ur input.

What shud be the price of all the design related drawings of 1 kanal house,roughly 6400 sq.ft covered area including basement,ground floor and first floor.Can u give an approx.idea by breaking design expenses and supervision separately.Whats the basic formula for calculation of these expenses.

Curious....

I think you need these for your own working but anyhow...

The Design and working drawings charges always varies and it depends on project size

and for your size it can be done in 250 to 300 k complete working drawings along with

all interior and exterior 3Ds.

Supervision again depends on the site location from the Architect office.

Anything you need more do let me know.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

designsource99@gmail.com

We are providing 3D services for several years and would like to inform you that we charge according to the design and material that you select for construction. If you need detailed information then send us your contact details at hamza.asif@ameradnan.com or call on 0423-6655262 for more assistance.

http://www.ameradnan.com

Post the general details here so tht every1 gets an idea of the expenses involved.

Asad I.A Khan & Associates

Very famous architect.

Contact Address: asadismailkhan@gmail.com

Projects Designed: Prime Minister House - Islamabad, Prime Minister Secretariot - Islamabad, Arabian Sea Country Club - Karachi, Expo centre Karachi, Islamabad Stock exchange building ETC..

With complete project that is called turnkey project are with different rates according to material and design. I can provide you rates in categories. These rates are for complete construction of a house:

Average: 2700 to 3000

A grade 3000 too 3300

A+ 3300 too 3500

If you are interested then you may contact us on above mentioned numbers and details.

Hamza Asif

http://www.ameradnan.com

Kamil khan,did u had any project done by those or are u just representative of the firm.

Hamza Asif,I wasn't looking for construction cost at this point.Just needed to have estimate of the expenses involved in disgning etc by a genuine design firm.

Surprised tht so many forum members seek help regarding construction and stuff and many are in the process of building their own home or have been through tht once in their lifetime but nobody,Again,nobody has any recommendations about a reliable design or architect firm :(

We cannot recommend ourselves unless a member get our services and then they can share their experience with others.

Every1 here just scared and think if we will robed them while reality is different. Be courageous get services from any firm who is giving here valuable input which suites you according to your budget as every firm has their own rates and style of work.

If you will get an Architect services with a new creative and his own design then you have to pay more than a drafts man copying different designs with minor adjustments.

So we welcome any member try our services with min money risk and then share your experience on the forum and after that a firm can be recommended by other members as well.

Hope it will works.

Regards

dSA

Thts what I was talking abt and u summed it all up.The main reason tht I wanted forum members to share their good building experiences.

Really appreciate each and every input and u have explained well what's the dilemma of most of the forum members.One can't blame them either as unfortunately, ripp offs,cheating,getting rich overnight on some others expense is quite common in our society.

As u mentioned,it makes me wonder tht after having 737 posts and offering ur valuable expertise to hundreds of forum members if not thousands for free, there is not a single one who take the effort to share their experience here.Im sure this forum must have provided u and other involved in building business, a number of clients bt their is none to share their pleasure.

My reply is held back for review :frowning:

@Currious.. Yes i had my house designed by him. He is a very well known architect. Was the first Managing director of NESPAK who was an architect. He has designed the Prime Minister house & the Secretariot in Islamabad which are beautiful projects. In Karachi he has designed the Arabian Sea Country Club and the Expo Centre. He recently started his private practice again and is designing houses. Although you can google him..below is a link to his interview with architimes..

http://archpresspk.com/new-version/architect-asad-ismail-khan-interview.html

You should definetly contact him..brilliant architect

Kamil Kahn,what did he charge for ur designing ur house and odd tht included supervision also or did he just handed u over the design and thts all.How was the over all experience working with them.Plz,share ur thoughts!

@ Curious The experience was excellent! I was surprised at the level of detail he went into and the interest he took being such a famous architect. Made sure i was being practical with my requirements and advising me all the way. He charges Rs.250 per Sq Foot. He has the option of handing over just the design. The Rs.250 per Sq foot charge includes all drawings including the engineering, electric and plumbing plans. Shares 3d view of the house & Elevation. Keep in mind that when you get your house designed by a well known architect the house value at time of resale increases as its termed as a designer house.

Check out his facebook page.. It was just recently created for more info..

https://www.facebook.com/asadismailkhan?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Thanks for sharing Kamil Khan.

Does 250 pr sq.ft includes supervision,agreed by a number of site visits or was it just for design details.

He gave 2 monthly visits a month free. And then for every other he had a charge of approx Rs. 5000 per visit. But he waved it off and visited more than twice a month. I mean for an architect who has done some of the most prestigious projects in Pakistan he is extremely down to earth and listens and makes sure he designs as per the clients requirements but also advises where he thinks it wouldn’t be practical.