Help / information rcc roof concrete

Aoa all

I need an expert advice about problem in my house rcc roof

I am constructing very high quality 1 kanal home with frame structure in behria

Using a+ martial like steel and special bricks

Before roof all project been very great like a sample but recently we complete roof lenter

We done bennt-up steel and peoper shatring etc

Below steel we place a plastic sheet and use fecto cement with good sand and normal concrete ratio of 1:2:4

Problem is next day when we watering the roof

Water start leaking inside roof :(

You can imagine when i go downstairs inside building it was looks like its raining

This was very upsetting for me then we find out there was little holes on the roof and when we fill up that holes with cement and again watering after few hours then leakage stopped.

My contractor say its fixed and not a problem as its ground floor and next floor gone build on this roof but i am very upset and confused as this is my dream home and my life's asset.

Any expert please tell me is that ok or its a problem in roof and also what could be cause for this problem

I will be really very thankful and appreciate if someone can help me as i am really in so much stress

i am desperately waiting your kind replies

Dear All Any Suggestions For ME ?

The pockets left during the concreting is because the mixture was very thick and did not settle properly. You should have used vibrator so it would have taken care of any air pockets.

Now as it is done. It will not damage your roof.If you have used strong mixture of cement and filled the gaps than it is fine. Make sure you water it for at least 7 days so all the mixture can reach a good level of strength.

This is not a major issue as you will have quiet a few layers on top of the roof. E.g kaacha than sand/cement than marble so there is really no need to worry.

Thanks a lot Dear for your time and response

your reply gives a life !

please let me know one more thing as my contractor tell me that 3 days need to stop the water on roof and after that just watering twice or three times a day is enough

what you suggest either stopping a water is proper way or just spray few times in a day

Again thanks and appreciate your kind help

While curing the cement gets heated up and can crack so it needs to be watered so it can reach its maximum strength. Contractors normally leave it for 3 days but its best you leave it for 7 days than water its 2 or 3 times a day.

Its not a big problem Adeel Sb, usually the lenterz show this type of behaviour on the 1st day but it is Ok later on. And you should feel relaxed as it was the 1st floor.

For the 2nd floor, use a vibrator during the process and also make sure that the mixture is not dry...usually when you hire the mixture machine, they only give it 3-4 turns with a small quantity of water and this dry material does not settle down well on your roof...you are using a good ratio of cement-sand-concrete...but I think required water ratio was not used.

Thanks to All for Help me out

appreciate your response and effort for

Mansoor Thanks for your advises for next story roof, inshallah i will follow up these steps

Thanks alot

Don't worry Mr.Adeel

Call me any time for further details and issues regarding construction,

Dear All

Thanks for your Guidance regarding my Roof deploying problem

i want to share some information we worked out about material

we found out our materiel supplier didn't provide us good sand on the day of roofing

we notice that sand was very very thin and also was dusty

Again we arrange proper Sand of River and put them together and there was alot different between both

that thin sand was basically collected from locally somewhere not from River

as we worked out the main reason wasn't bad mixing of concreting the actual reason was bad thin and dusty sand

what you suggest about its straight now.

Hi… Guys also need information. On our rooftop lanter the contractor putted a thin layer of cement on second day of lanter in order to stop water going down. I felt it was wrong because water didn’t go inside material after this layer of cement. That means there might not be much health to the lanter. Please guide me what to do… I am really concerned about it.