Pros And Cons Of Turn Key House Packages

Please could some explain it and what you will advise if some one wants to built a house on Turn key bases. Also what is the cost of a good construction modern house in such packages in BT Rawalpindi.

Dear Shahid,

On my last vacation to Pakistan, I considered building a house in Lahore on turnkey basis. I did some research and heard some views from (i) people in the business of contracting; and (ii) people who have recently built their houses.

The overall result of my discussions and research is that a turn key contract solution is not a good one. They will use third rate materials and charge you for first rate material. And their profit margin is on top of all that.

The ideal way to build a house is to go for a Labor Contract solution. You have a contract with labour and Mistri; but you arrange for buying materials yourself. You do a separate contract with Architect for (i) Design (including drawings for Civil Works, Electrical & Mechanical and approval of design) and (ii) Supervision (No. of Minimum Visits agreed) at site.

If you cant do that because you are out of the country, then simply buy 2 plots instead of 1. Build the house when you come back to the country by selling one plot and building on the other plot.

Dear PK1,

Thanks for you reply and good advise. You are right now a days it's difficult to trust someone. Sometimes I think it is better to buy a constructed house because its very difficult to construct a house for a common man.

But I am agreed with your idea to built a house with a Labor Contract. Do you know the labour contract cost/sq.feet? Also if you know the approximate cost of modern house/sq.feet?

I can help you.

Regards Architect Syed Furqan Ali

@PK1

I may not agree with you, its not that all the construction companies are the same, many are just not professionals which makes the difference. There are few construction companies who would take all your pain and do everything honestly with all the right materials.

One should compare apples with peaches .. major fault is at the client end when he choses the wrong guy to do a professional job. At the beginning it looks cheap but eventually its gets costly.

A professional firm will never do any unethical malpractice that would harm his repute. Contractors if left unsupervised do alot of fraud but in case of good construction company, you sign a contract with them binding them in written.

A good construction company will hand over a complete finished house in 8-9 months max if the flow of funds is good and if funds is not a concern then you can put the same in writing with the company and few would also accept a penalty clause in case of any delay cause due to the construction company.

In our case as i remember with one of the big NGO's we had a dead line of 30days for a warehouse handing over which included repairs, additions and other civil work and the penalty was 500,000/- for a delay exceeding even a single day, but the same was handed over within the said time frame.

Having said that, please remember that its not one sided play, you can get the company to mutually address your concerns in writing beforehand. Put every thing down in writing.

Ali MEYAAR Builders

Ali,

Please I want some information from you, I have a plot, the plot is in depression from 4 to 8 feet back. The back plot is about 8 to 9 feet deep but that on is level with its front road. what I have to do fill the depression or built a basement. Second please can you forward me the construction rate

Labour only, labor with materiel up to gray level?

Turnkey, good quality of construction, may email address is shahidsop@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ali,

Am quite impressed with your elaboration on Contractors and Turn Key / Cost Plus business ways of working. I am going to initiate construction of my house in Bahria Town phase 8 and am looking for a reliable contractor. Appreciate, if you can share your profile and contact on ali.mirza@ats-ksa.com; ali_zaheer20@hotmail.com.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks.

Turn key project is a very good option for those people who have no experience regarding construction. There are two kind of builders in this field one who will save 1000 rupees without caring that the person to whom i am going to deliver the house can get a lot of trouble due to this decision.i totally admit that most of the builders practice these things which is very bad because a builder should know that when somebody trust a builder for constructing there house it must be the clients life work saving. A builder should never play with there clients emotions. But there is also the client fault because the clients always try to get there work done on minimum price. If the builder want to do proper work it increases the cost massively and that what a client never understands that's why he is asking for the high price. The builder who are doing turnkey construction they are making there own houses for sale as well. Even if they don't do that then the client should ask him to show the projects he have done already. The client must visit there houses to see what kind of standards they are maintaining for there houses then it will be easy for them to understand that to whom they should give the project. The client always tries to reduce the cost of construction because they know they are making the house for themselves. But the client should keep in mind that in near future they might get into such problems that they might want to sell there house in good price. That can be only done if the house is well constructed and the elevation and the interior of the house is very impressive.

I am a builder myself i mostly do projects from my investment to sell them. Its not just my work, you can say i have a passion of doing this work. I work really hard for the the exterior and interior of the house with maximum outlook and quality.not just because i want to give the best to my clients. When i start building the house i always keep that in mind that this is my house why is this because until unless it is sold it is my investment. And there is no dought that when i construct a house for myself it will be like that aswell the only difference will be that i will spend more for my house interior as i know that what i am doing for myself is not related to the clients and whatever i do the extra expenses i do for the clients they say they worth nothing.

my advise to clients is that don't save a small amount of money because when they do that in future they will face problems because no builder cant invest from there own pocket to satisfy the clients. For the quality there is a lot of details which i cant mention here as it is a long detail.

I am constructing houses in lahore right now, and about the quality and out look + interiors of my projects i work really hard as it is not just my work which i do for my living. Its my passion.

you can see that by visiting my projects. I don't like to copy designs. I like to do innovations and that's what my company name is related to that is INNOVATIVE CONSTRUCTIONS.

Our commitment to our clients is that what we will agree for we will deliver that as well. Not for just there satisfaction but for ours as well.

feal free to contact us for any further details 0300-3393341 Ali Shahid.

@Shahid

We can give you best quality and time delivery on turn key basis.

If interested contact us at designsource99@gmail.com

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

This post is almost 2 years old. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why you saw this now? We always post because diff threads watch again and again by valued members and new comers.

No need for your laughs at all....:P

So you

CUT

COPY

PASTE

again and again

Sorry i forgot one more thing

:P

No :stuck_out_tongue: but hahaha what else I can say now on your unnecessary posts…

This buddy is in deep trouble because of our brother HT posts and giving petty contractors prices here and now HT should come to Lahore and take him out of well…

I think u posted this in the wrong thread ; P