Windows with insulation/Double Glazed

I am building a kanal house and the front has proposed curved windows quite generous in size. Round shape. 5 of them the aluminium guy told me will cost me about 745000 rs. The windows have two glasses separated by vacuum or air i think( am abroad cannot tell from pics he sent me) is it worth it?Is he asking too much?

I think window people have most profit in the business because it's very difficult to calculate the rate etc.

I installed UPVC windows instead of aluminium from a company names Pak Profile in I-9 Islamabad. My rate was Rs 400/sq ft. Glass was simple 5 mm plain glass. Some windows were double glazed for which they charged double.

My experience of double glazed is that it has good sound insulation but not very good hear insulation. Probably quality of double glazing abroad is better. Triple glazing is best for hear insulation.bBut UPVC is the same material which is used in UK and some other countries.

If you want, I have excel sheet of my quotation and order completion details from that company. If you want, I can send you.

Dear BR Malik Please send it to my email. I inboxed you mine. I really appreciate your knowledge of the field and willingness to help.

Brother going for glazed double glass is stupidity once you have got the better solution for making it heat resistance ( UV-IR) ..

i run my insulation consultancy business and also insulation services business. I have been gone through many experiences . Let me share you when i was in china what we used to do .. We used to coat windows by nano UV-IR coat 3 2 layers we coat and trust me 90 percent of heat it resist. Its long lasting cheaper also. Another solution buy coated polymer transparent films its same like a coat it does same work little bit change in window color but reduce glare up to 70 percent. We import these material if you need any help regarding to any kind of insulation material and services feel free to call me.

Dr kazim akhtar,

(B.E/M.S/M.Phil/PhD in material engineering)

@ Prokazim

sir what do you recommend for roof insulation.

@fahad,

it totally depends on your budget i should say. Let say divide your budget in three level,

cheapest insulation= i recommend you go for rockwool blanket of 100kg/m3 density and 100mm thickness or at least 80mm thickness.

one roll of 5mx1mx100mm is pricing from 2300-2500 rupees.

Dont forget this blanket will be wire stitched and you will need to laminate it by cemented material for protection and enabling roof for foot traffic. The best insulation is forturanlty cheapest insulation means rockwool there is no comparison of rock wool with any synthetic foaming material e.g EPS,XPS,PU although the R-value can be better in some case of foam boards but fire rating and other properties are better in rockwool and very easy to install.

bit expensive option= go for EPS board commonly knows as thermocol is another option but remember for effective insulation you ll have to go for higher thickness and prices will go higher i recommend at least 2 inch thick and the best will be 3 inch or higher.

Expensive option= XPS/PU boards little bit more expensive but in the family of board insulation they are best mechanically stable and durable but all foams including EPS also need protection layer and the cost will get higher and higher off course .

but in all case you ll get your comfort at the best any option you select you ll get good comfort in summer as well as in winter. Again i m saying all depends upon your budget any other question call me 00923352849009

Thank you sir for such detailed answer.

Appreciate it.

Jazakallah and Regards,

Fahad

@ HT & @ Armco @ Br Malik sb

Sir which one you recommend?

UPVC windows or Aluminium Windows?

also please suggest some design ideas for UPVC as well.

thanks

Regards,

Fahad