Building Regulations - Islamabad The Concrete Jungle

A friend of mine is constructing his house on a 35x70 plot in a CDA sector, and he has built a big room on the roof with attached bath and place outside for gas connection. The CDA regulations allow only a mumty not a room.

So what will he do??? He will pay a one time fine to CDA and consider the fine as part of the budget for house construction. After that he will rent the room on the roof to an executive bachelor and mint money.

But unfortunately this CDA attitude of relaxed rules (concerning covered area etc.) and lack of enforcement due to corruption is converting "Islamabad the green and beautiful" into "islamabad the concrete jungle".

So this brings us to the question of how good are MPCHS house building standards as compared to Bahria? Is MPCHS more like CDA or is it more like Bahria????

I have noticed that one reason why Bahria looks so good is that they have better building regulations as compared to CDA sectors. Bahria seems more strict with maximum height and maximum covered area regulations.

Multi is doing a good job with development of roads and pavements. But if they don’t enforce strict regulations on house construction, then their projects such as Multi Garden and Multi Orchards will be closer in looks to CDA sectors like G-13 or perhaps JKCHS in G-15.

What are your comments ladies and gentlemen?

Hello, Sir i agree with you. Here money matters. Who cares for the rules and regulations. You got money, you are good to go. Do any amendment you want.

Sad though!!!

Well, CDA is very much conscious about all this, they are being made dead and deaf by Malik Riaz Bahria Town, but let me assure you one thing, when your friend or anybody who has violated the rules and regulations of CDA, he has to pay fine if the violation is already in the fine book, i mean to say there are two types of violations in CDA, one can be fined, and if it is much more than that, i mean bigger, it has to be demolished, but he will only be caught if his that room can be seen from outside or someone complains, they do take bribe, but when the person sells his house or applies for completion, then CDA visits the premises and then he has to pay fine or demolish the violation.

With CDA its simple complete the house according to there requirments and than get the completion certificate and than start bulidng an extra room on top …no one will ever visit to check up …

Well said PK 1...but we are too innocent to understand a simple thing?? In our beloved country ..unfortunately only one thing matters..and that is "Money", so who cares about rules and regulations, as they are meant for the poor only.

Anyways...CDA must correct its attitude, otherwise city of green will turn into city of walls..

Agreed with HT..!!

where living is too expensive these traits are natural to opt friends. By the way by constructing a room instead of small mumty doesnt mean concrete jungle, as green belts,parks, parking areas are not used by CDA. Yes if these are to be used for some commercial or residential purposes then this title "Concrete Jungle"goes for it.

Regards,

Thanks IS BASE i think having a room instead of mumty dosent make much difference because mostly the mumty/ room is not visible from the front...In todays financial crisis and the prices going up on every second basis every body could do with a small cash ..its better than going out there and conning innocent people.