Can My Husband Put Our House In Pakistan On My Name?

My husband is a national of pakistan, he is willing to gift me a house. Im a foreigner, is it possible to do so?

In principle, it is possible for foreigners to purchase real estate property in pakistan. However, you will need to have a valid resident visa to be eligible to purchase the house. If you have a valid visa then it will be possible for you to acquire legal title to the house but there will be certain documentation formalities to fulfill with the board of investment and interior ministry in islamabad.

Another option you have is to execute an 'agreement of sale' or 'agreement to sell' which should state that the beneficial interest has been transferred and the parties may elect to perfect the sale at a later stage. This agreement should be on proper stamp paper and should be regsitered with the registrar of documents. After that an attested copy of it should be deposited with the office of the society in which the house is located and they should place it in file. If it is not in a society then a copy should be provided to whatever land registration and transfer authority is relevant for example cda for islamabad or lda for lahore.

Thank you