Website New Look

Now I think there is no option to choose between old version and new version of Zameen.om's website.

Earlier I was using the older version but now forced to use the new version. The new version is not as comfortable as the earlier version was. Perhaps this is because I was well familiar with the older version of this website.

Saadi has also indicated that he is not comfortable with the new look too.

What forum's members think about the new look, and suggestions if any. This might help administrators improve the website.

By the way, nothing has happened to the irritating advertisement that appears on the frontal window.

Sir i am not comfortable at all…

I agree with Mr. SAADI saab not comfortable at all

For me there is no difference so to speak. Because no feature is added - rather only skins (visual appearance) has been changed. This new appearance definitely appeals more to me and looks better than old one. But that is not the problem in new vs old look. The actual problem was the requirement of features which are affecting the usability of the system. For example, each thread must have page nos with it hence giving the option to goto last post in one click. Similarly there are other problems like a poster of question can select his own answer as best answer hence promotes corruption :-)

But overall I think the Zameen forum system is far from a good/standard/usable BB system.

I wrote a factual post about zameen forum and its has been held for censorship :slight_smile:

@Intern: Explaining too much facts is often not good.:) It looks like users of the website are not comfortable with the new look.

One solution could be the admn may provide the option of choosing old look and new look. Alternatively, they may improve it. But for improvement we need to provide them our feed-back. Any how thank you Intern, H--t and Saadi for your comments on the post.

I agree, with the brothers. I used to choose the old look myself and I find this new look seems ok but difficult to navigate. I think it will take a lot of time getting used to it.

But in my opinion, there was no need for a new look anyway. There is an old saying 'no point fixing something which isn't broken'. I think that applies perfectly here!

Thank you Sheikh Sb. You said well “no point fixing something which isn’t broken”. But the site was not fixed; it was more than fixing it. I was also using the older version. Bu now I am getting used to with the new look. My be with a little bit of improvement, the new look could be more attractive and user-friendly.

I don’t like the look as well. If it is not broke then don’t fix it. However may get used to it with time.

It seems we are all old folks who are uncomfortable with change like to hide in the comfort of the known and treaded path. Instead of acting like old uncles, I say let us embrace change with open arms!

Our discomfort with change has already brought back tried and tested faces after the 2013 elections.

Their is always resistence for a change in the start, then people start doing it and then they enjoy it…:slight_smile:

It appears to be that everyone is annoyed by the change but after playing around with it, they have added some cool features which were unknown before. We hate it now but soon we will love it, just a matter of getting used to it!

It looks ok, I have no problem to use it. I don’t know why experienced members are getting problem. The font in new site much better than old one.

Infact, in my held-up post I did not dislike new look. I supported it over the older one… But wrote some extra deep facts due to which that post got held for censorship… And i guess now its gone…

I have noticed that now posts take a while to show up compared to the old version.

Shiekh sab, You are right any post take a while to display on website.I got the same experience.

Font size too big…

A Lahore based clothing brand offering a complete bespoke service at your doorstep, exclusively for Menswear at extremely affordable prices. Visit the site and book an appointment for a meeting. Their representative will visit you for Measurement, Consultancy, Trial and Delivery; Everything at your doorstep.

conglomer.com/bespoke_menswear/index-2.html

A change is always good

Actually, we were familiar with the old design of Zameen.com and change is difficult to accept, only initially. We got our website reviewed by industry professionals and found out that the old look was unprofessional in many ways. This led us to redesign the website and make it more professional and user-friendly.

In this revamp, we encountered many bugs, most of which have been removed and we are endeavouring to remove the remaining bugs.

Anyway, we cordially welcome your feedback. Your feedback is important to us. Feel free to update us about any bugs or errors in the functionality of website. We are here to address your issues. Thank you.