DHA-2 blocks KLMNPQ-Reality Check

Over the last one week, I ended up meeting two individuals who have been resident in these blocks of DHA phase 2. I had a good discussion with both gentlemen about life in the new blocks and found their views to be somewhat similar. I would like to share some of the main points they mentioned which should be of interest to any prospective investor.

1. Out of all these blocks, only K block is so far fully developed. All other blocks are partially developed with some non-developed areas.

2. Other than K block, gas is still unavailable in most parts of even possession areas in other blocks. Many houses built in other blocks don't have gas supply.

3. Electricity is being provided through temporary cables in M, N and parts of L block with cables hanging low or laying on the road which get damaged by the construction machinery every now and then, requiring frequent repairs and even replacement, which doesn't always happen promptly.

4. Streetlights are installed near houses but presently operate on the connection of the house it is placed in front of. The owner is provided with the switch to turn it on or off.

5. DHA free shuttle service does not operate in these blocks.

6. Security situation is not bad but occasional cases of minor thefts, usually by construction workers do take place.

7. Water supply situation is satisfactory.

8. Development pace is very slow. According to the contractor, DHA doesn't pay them regularly. Whenever they make a payment development pace picks up but when DHA stops making payments they slack off. Chances are that development in DHA phase 4 blocks A-D which started after these blocks, might be completed earlier.

Shared in public interest. Other members are free to add any other information they have.

Sir K to Q blocs are futuristic investment…I personally donot seem it fully fit for living. For immediate living a to H are the best.

Yeah these blocks of dha are mostly empty with very few houses built. …a lot of investment is due on part of dha which is cash starved and bank corrupt. Hopes of early completion of remaining infrastructure are low. This is infact ex commoner town area main boulevard are bit narrow and not upto dha standards. …its remotest part of islamabad. …

What is the difference in main boulevard width? If any.

Thank you Kashif Sheikh for sharing that feedback. To me it is the most objective analysis of these blocks of DHA so far on this forum. Unlike some of the nonstop promotional campaigns, this was quite informative based on ground realities. Even then DHA phase-2 will be a good investment for the long term but like Saadi said above, might not be the top home making destination yet.

Despite all above, the rates of plots in K to Q blocks are rapidly increasing and almost matched with A to J with a difference of less than 20% which is not understandable. Is the location of these blocks exceptional as compared to other part of Phase-II?

Don’t worry guys, Saadi bhai will sell your house for 4.75 crore in case you dont like it :stuck_out_tongue:

& can swap it with I-8 or E-11 Kanal brand new house :stuck_out_tongue:

DHA-2 K-Q side is a very huge DHA as compared to A-J. DHA expressway is leading up to DHA Extension and Valley. All combined this will be a mega population centre. A-J will be a tiny DHA population surrounded by Humak etc. Whereas Commercial centers lining DHA expressway will make this side more posh with big brands etc. Future is this side. That’s why prices are already comparable.

I Agree with Pardesi. DHA HQ will be shifted to K or L sector. Emmar is next door neighbor. Future is K-Q and then finally Valley once it is completed. Don’t forget Isb highway expansion. Phase 2 is going to start soon.

Pardesi and Malik sb, you people are right... Future is good for all the new blocks... Currently, they might be lacking some facilities, however, with passage of few more years, they will be at par with the other side of DHA. Hence, potential for growth is great with time... We need to recognize the fact that development of real estate projects, do require sufficient time...

Regards

Look like this place is next b17

@Million$$$. I think you have raised a fair point about the narrower roads, and your comparison with B-17, if I understood it correctly, also sounds interesting. Whenever a society is moving up, you get to hear so many fantasy stories spun by the concerned dealer lobby. That is how I recall the B-17 market a couple of years ago. But when it starts to slide, all those stories vanish into thin air in no time!

That is not to say that DHA blocks K-Q are a bad buy. DHA, because it is backed by the military, enjoys more credibility than other government or private schemes. It doesn't matter where their projects are, the investor confidence is not because of their name but rather based on the institution backing the project. Just look at the investment interest in DHA Multan. I have never been to Multan my whole life but I own a DHA Multan file!

The point I am trying to make is that as a sensible investor, we need to realistically take stock of ground realities and compare them to the story web being weaved by the incumbent lobbies. As soon as you feel that the market has started to go beyond itself, its time to act with caution.

In my view, B-17 is a nice place to live for all those who can't afford homes in main Islamabad sectors... Its development standard is very very good and maintenance level is also good.

Ab agar apko kisi project se zaati hasad hy, to oska to koi ilaaj nhe hy... Hundreds of families are already living in B-17 and in the coming few years the same will increase many times.

Regards

Mr Khan B-17 is a fine project, with its own set of pros and cons like other housing schemes. I was referring to the boom spin of 2013. Was B-17 a better project in 2013 than it is today as the prices are now lower by almost 40% on average? If your answer is no, then it clearly shows that the market had over-extended its position based on the rhetoric back then. This phenomenon is not just limited to B-17. It can happen just about anywhere. B-17 was only mentioned as a recent real life example of how this happens.

Sheikh sb, u r rite, prices were increased at that time unrealistically… But the same happened in BE as well at that time…

I agree with you Mr Khan. It was just insane but at that time nobody pays attention. In fact prices in BE had spiraled without even a big storyline! Prices in Phase 8 also experienced a similar hype although Phase 8 dealers at least had come up with a fantasy story to sell in the Rawat Airport and Special Economic Zone. My instinct tells me that sometime in the future, we might be having a similar conversation about DHA -2 blocks K-Q. Lets see.

B17 is good but access via GT road is a problem…

In 2012 and 2013, Margalla Avenue was recently completed to 60% stage. Now the news is that there will B solid update on Margalla Avenue project by mid this year if not even sooner.

Brothers, I do not agree with you all to compare B-17 with KLMN sectors. I bought a plot in Phase 2 extension back in 2006 known as commons town. It is now renamed to sector K. The prices in these sectors have risen painfully slow every year. I have kept an analysis on yearly basis. This is not an artificial boom verses B-17 or Bahria. Even now the average price is less in KLMN as it should be more due to the inflation and rupee devaluation. DHA investment is less risky and more secure living. It is backed by strong institution. As more people start living then security, electricity and water supply will get better.

At least in DHA, I noticed that management does not play it like stock exchange where prices fluctuate hourly like Bahria and other projects.