Islamabad Bus Service Project

Hello, Does anyone know the details of the upcoming Islamabad Bus Service project? Will it be like the Metro Bus Service in Lahore? Which sectors would it be connected to and what are the proposed routes? Any other info about this project would be appreciated. Thanks

Dear Junaid: We have been hearing about islamabad bus service since long, everytime with something different. The recent one is that R-pindi is going to have Metro bus service, similar to what they have in Lahore. Expected route is Peshawar road near Pir Wadhai morr via Mareerr chauk, Murree Road till Faizabad. From there it will connect with Islamabad transport service routes. For Islamabad, the plan announced recently is that in April three routes will be introduced with Pink AC buses running from (1) Rawat to Secretariate (2) Bhara Kahu to Secretariate and (3) I-10 to Secretariate.

All this is announced in media only. It becomes true or not is another thing.

Pink?!

CM visited pindi and visited muree road om 10th jan. He also announces in his last two speeches. Now i think this is the time for pindi metro bus. In my view its should start from bahria 7-8 or dha pha 2 gate till blue area… Lets hope its like this…

The feasibility of three routes of ISB is in final stages now. The routes will be same as mentioned by Malik Majeed Sb. The funds have already been approved by the Govt. Today there was a lot in the news regarding Pindi-ISB bus service. PM Nawaz Sharif is very much interested in this project. The special and individual road will not be constructed for this metro service as is the case in Lahore. However, the buses will follow the route on the same existing roads.

CDA advertisement about Islamabad Bus Service Project, Daily Jang Jan 19th.

Http://e.jang.com.pk/01-19-2014/pindi/page4.asp

Http://e.jang.com.pk/01-22-2014/pindi/pic.asp?picname=4910.gif

Expected date of inaugration of Metro Bus in pindi isb is in FEB